forum

How to begin hovering?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
I want to try hovering out and check if it fits me more than drag but I don't know a proper grip for hover, any suggestions?

Tab: xp- g430
Mirt
It's been a long time since I played Standard but when I did, I started holding my Tablet pen just like a standard pencil and just started holding it up above as well as you can. At first you will drag on the tablet or lift it to high to the point where it wont register, however after a couple of days you should be back to where you were originally. Hope this helps a little bit!
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Mirt wrote:

It's been a long time since I played Standard but when I did, I started holding my Tablet pen just like a standard pencil and just started holding it up above as well as you can. At first you will drag on the tablet or lift it to high to the point where it wont register, however after a couple of days you should be back to where you were originally. Hope this helps a little bit!

Using my normal way of holding a pen doesn't do well with my tablet
Deva
If you are using full area just hold your pen near the middle. Start out with super easy maps and focus on not touching your tablet and not lifting the pen too high. After you get used to that focus on the rest.
Equbuxu
Here is my grip
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

GSTACK wrote:

Here is my grip

I tried that grip once and I was too inconsistent to use it.

or maybe I just sweat alot lol
Equbuxu

szkiller wrote:

I tried that grip once and I was too inconsistent to use it.
or maybe I just sweat alot lol

note that I've got 8 * 4.5 cm area and can't play much smaller than that.
also, there is a sticky fabric thing (dunno how it's properly called, got it in pharmacy) on my pen so sweat is not a problem for me
im flat
my grip is autistic lmao
Almost
Just try various different grips out until you find one that you are comfortable with and then just stick with it. There is no 'right' grip.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Almost wrote:

Just try various different grips out until you find one that you are comfortable with and then just stick with it. There is no 'right' grip.

Unfortunately my hand is too retarded to comprehend the word "stick with it"

My fingers are so inconsistent that I always forget my comfortable grip
Kishuya

szkiller wrote:

Almost wrote:

I had to move from dragging to hovering when I switched from a XPPen-G430 to a CTL-480 in order not to scratch the tablet before getting a cover; by the time the cover came in I'd started to get really used to hovering; it's annoying at first but spend a week and a half hovering and your hand won't even take notice of the fact it's hovering; well it will but it won't really feel any different except lighter.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

KuroTX wrote:

szkiller wrote:

Almost wrote:

I had to move from dragging to hovering when I switched from a XPPen-G430 to a CTL-480 in order not to scratch the tablet before getting a cover; by the time the cover came in I'd started to get really used to hovering; it's annoying at first but spend a week and a half hovering and your hand won't even take notice of the fact it's hovering; well it will but it won't really feel any different except lighter.

So did you notice any good effects from it?
show more