forum

[Archived] All The Songs In my Playlists Are Gone

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
graceann147
This has happened twice before in which i did freak out at first but found that if i just restarted OSU once or twice then the playlists restored themselves.

This time i wasn't as worried and didn't want to be bothered with restarting the game again so i just started playing new songs in the "no grouping" tab. After a while i found some songs that i liked and added them to the playlists i have. (I just assumed that if i restarted the game they would reappear along with the newly added beatmaps.)
SKIP TO A FEW DAYS LATER: All the playlists i have are still set to 0 and only have the recent songs i added the previous day.

I assumed this happened because of an auto update or something???? I just remember when having this problem now and before, when i started the game up i was logged out and had to sign in again. Other odd things that would happen when i was signed out is i had to reset my keybindings and mouse (pen) sensitivity.

osu! version: 20180811.2
RockRoller
Sounds like all your collections got wiped. There isn't anything you can do to recover them as far as I know.

I guess all you songs just reloaded themself after you opened osu and after that the collections were empty? Always restart after that happens,otherwise you will lose your collections once you try to edit one of them.
Topic Starter
graceann147

RockRoller wrote:

Sounds like all your collections got wiped. There isn't anything you can do to recover them as far as I know.

awesome...
Jik
If with "playlist" you mean collections:
While osu! is closed, check inside your main osu! directory for a file named "collection.db" that has a bunch of numbers appended to the end. If you are able to find it, check the date the file was last modified and make sure it is recent. Also check the size of the file, make sure it is greater than or equal to the "collection.db" without all of the numbers at the end. Once you've done that, move the collection.db without numbers outside of your osu! folder and rename the one with numbers to "collection.db".

About the configs reseting, the same tutorial above might help just change the "collections" to "osu!.PCID".
show more