forum

Loved Captain's Pick Round 28 (osu!) [10/7/18]

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Toy
Hello everyone!

Thank you for your participation in last week's Loved votes. Please help keep up the participation by sharing this thread with as many people as you can. Remember that the more people that involve themselves with this category, the more of a success it can be.

If you wish to get involved by submitting maps you'd like to see Loved, use this form!

If you'd like to keep up with the spreadsheet of maps that we select from, created from submissions in the form above, click here!

Results for last week can be found here:
osu!standard

Maps that receive 90% approval will be moved into the Loved category.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are this week's nominees for osu!standard:
Map selection provided by Toy and DigitalHypno.

Aero Chord feat. Anna Yvette - Break Them by olteR
Vote for this map here!

Nanahira - Francium by T1Y
Vote for this map here!

YUC'e - PUMP by Flare-kun
Vote for this map here!

toby fox - Spider Dance Dual Mix by Battle
Vote for this map here!

sHimaU - SLOTcore Is Dead by Arphimigon
Vote for this map here!

Yunomi - Wakusei Rabbit (feat. TORIENA) by GenDoNL
Vote for this map here!

A-F-R-O - Definition of a Rap Flow by Ali-
Vote for this map here!

DJ Noriken - Turn It Up feat. Kanae Asaba by Akali
Vote for this map here!

Camellia - Bloody kiss by Shrukaghn
Vote for this map here!

Principal Skinner and Superintendent Chalmers - Steamed Hams by ProfessionalBox
Vote for this map here!
huu
Francium and SLOTcore, yay
DiceSA
90% approval starting to look like a silly mistake, at this rate nothing will be loved this week lmfao
Maardhen

DiceSA wrote:

90% approval starting to look like a silly mistake, at this rate nothing will be loved this week lmfao

except maps that are actually loved
worst fl player
DiceSA

Maardhen wrote:

DiceSA wrote:

except maps that are actually loved

thats oversimplifying the problem. if you ask people why they vote no on some maps you might be surprised by some of the reasons they have, that have nothing to do with map quality. but yes no lets just make loved so hard to attain for maps that people stop caring about the section entirely. I dont even understand why people are allowed to vote no. Mapping is too subjective to allow maps to be disqualified from loved based on quantitative data. i could tell a bunch of my friends to all go vote no on a map for some dumb reason like not liking the mapper, and because its 90% approval rating, it only takes me and those friends to tip the balance. and if you think that is absurd, just know that people already tried to do this to stq's loved map, over pathetically petty reasons that had nothing to do with map quality.
[Shiny]
I mean, jumping from 80% to 90% was too much in my opinion, but in any case I think it isn't fully ascertainable if that worked or not (it actually depends on several things)

In any case, I think 85% would fit much better than 90% or 80%, which, by the way, should be a standarized value to all categories, not just osu!standard (memes/jokes aside, it doesn't really have sense to have a higher percent in standard and a lower in the other 3 modes in my opinion)
Topic Starter
Toy

hola xd wrote:

I mean, jumping from 80% to 90% was too much in my opinion, but in any case I think it isn't fully ascertainable if that worked or not (it actually depends on several things)

In any case, I think 85% would fit much better than 90% or 80%, which, by the way, should be a standarized value to all categories, not just osu!standard (memes/jokes aside, it doesn't really have sense to have a higher percent in standard and a lower in the other 3 modes in my opinion)

I'm hesitant to bump it to 85% for other modes because they see a lot less engagement as standard and one "no" has a much harsher effect than otherwise. I've been getting a lot of feedback that 90% is too high, so I may consider moving it down to 85 as a happy medium moving forward
Topic Starter
Toy
Here are the results

The following maps have received sufficient voting and will be moved to the Loved category:
YUC'e - PUMP by Flare-kun
Yunomi - Wakusei Rabbit (feat. TORIENA) by GenDoNL
A-F-R-O - Definition of a Rap Flow by Ali-
DJ Noriken - Turn It Up feat. Kanae Asaba by Akali
Camellia - Bloody kiss by Shrukaghn
show more