forum

Stay Hovering or Switch to Dragging?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Saturation
Alright to start, I know making the switch is completely up to me but I'm going to ask anyway. When I play osu if it's a difficult or long map my hands begin to shake a little. I've still been able to get good plays while hovering with the shaking but I kinda feel like it's holding me back a little as I've missed some jumps or patterns because of it. I was wondering if I should switch to dragging to deal with it.
Rynnavinx
why dont you just try it for a while xd
OneTrueDuceOK
Play what you're most comfortable with
Deva
First of all

OneTrueDuceOK wrote:

Play what you're most comfortable with

you should never listen to this if you want to get better

second

If your whole arm is in the air stop that. Place your forearm on the desk or something.

I also use my pinky to make things more stable. You could try that too as an extra.
Xirai
I don't think dragging will help, when the problem is, that you are shaking from missing stamina OR getting nervous.

You will just shake while dragging then...

Still worth a try, just try it. Maybe also try to stabilize your arm with a towel or sth like that.
Shoy
Hi, random 5 digits dragging since the very 1st day here.

1 - You may have more control while dragging instead of hovering, but it implies you gonna lose some speed.
2 - Dragging isn't the super-wonderful solution to avoid shaking. Yes I'm dragging, and yes, sometimes, I'm shaking asf. The question now is to know if you're shaking cause' you're going out of stamina, or if you're shaking because you're in the mod "No choke, no choke, no choke pls".
3 - If hovering allows you more speed, and dragging more control... Hovering doesn't allow a perfect speed tho, and the same works for dragging. You'll have better control, right; but not a perfect control. I mean, you still gonna miss some easy jumps/patterns, and do some shitmisses.

I tried hovering once and I just don't know how the fucking hell people are able to play this way. My aim while hovering looks like a 70yo man with Parkinson actually.

Think about it, it's a major playstyle change.
im flat
whatever is most comfortable for you it doesn't matter lol
Equbuxu
I used to have problems with shaky hands, solved them by increasing the area (currently using 8cm * 4.5cm (~3.1 * 1.8inch)) and changing my grip a little. I had tried dragging for a couple of days before that, but I hadn't felt any improvement so I switched back to hovering
show more