forum

[Archived] .osk, .osz, etc. filetypes default to opening tournament client

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Stage
Title. Basically, all osu! filetypes default to the osu! Tournament Client I have installed on my PC. I've tried changing the default app to open osu! filetypes with to the regular client, but my only option is the tournament client as shown here:

As you can see, it shows osu! and no other option, when that option launches the tournament client.

I need the tournament client for a tournament I am running, so I can't just uninstall it (yet).

Any help is appreciated.
Death
Running the installer again over your normal installation or repairing the game might update file type associations? Not sure on that one, but it's worth a shot. The first part is pretty self explanatory, just run the installer and let it install to the same location you currently have osu! installed.

To repair the game, if you have a "repair osu!" shortcut in your osu! folder, close the game and run that, then hit the repair osu! button on the window that pops up.

If you do not have that shortcut, hold shift while starting the game until you see a recovery window pops up. Then hit the repair osu! button.

If that doesn't work, follow this guide.
Repeat those steps for each file type and make sure you choose the correct osu!.exe.
Topic Starter
Stage

Death wrote:

Running the installer again over your normal installation or repairing the game might update file type associations? Not sure on that one, but it's worth a shot. The first part is pretty self explanatory, just run the installer and let it install to the same location you currently have osu! installed.

To repair the game, if you have a "repair osu!" shortcut in your osu! folder, close the game and run that, then hit the repair osu! button on the window that pops up.

If you do not have that shortcut, hold shift while starting the game until you see a recovery window pops up. Then hit the repair osu! button.

If that doesn't work, follow this guide.
Repeat those steps for each file type and make sure you choose the correct osu!.exe.

Thanks, I'll try when I get home and update!
show more