forum

Osu!Quest!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter

Osu!Quest!

I had an idea for a special rogue-like game mode long time ago. You can create a character and go on a journey, defeat enemies and all that ...

Defeating enemies will need to be with the help of passing maps. Each enemy will have their own level, which will be equal to the complexity of the map. Every enemy is a mini-boss. The further you advance, the more difficult the enemy, and accordingly the maps.

The character begins with the first level, there are several types of difficulty available: beginner, easy, medium, hard, insane (and lunatic). Depending on the chosen difficulty, the game will become more complicated or simplified. For example, on an insane difficulty level, you will need to play light maps with mods, and complex cards with hidden mode (for example).

From enemies it will be possible to knock out loot by the type of mods, which will simplify the passing game.

The farther you go, the more difficult the enemies ... I already wrote this, right? But at the same time there will be extra-enemies, on which there must be maps, on which no one has filled a full combo, or just cards that have extreme complexity.

The game should not be endless! According to my idea it should be a game with a logical ending, and accordingly with the plot.

With each card passed, the character will receive experience, and accordingly receive a level. The higher the level of the character, the more difficult enemies he can fight. I also think that with each level a character can pump his HP strip, which will be extremely useful.

In fact, this is all I’ve managed to think up, but if you are interested in this idea, then let's start talk about that in this topic. :)
UnnamedBeast
what
Deva
It sounds cool but in reality it's really impractical and unnecessary.

People are here to click the circles to the beat not to play an RPG.

I might not seem like it but I'm very happy that peppy gave me the choice to make bad habits on whichever map I want.
Syneergy
The idea you have, needs a prototype! that way you can realize if it's working or not.

Otherwise this doesnt make sense. OSU! is a clicking circle game not beating bosses.
Topic Starter

Deva wrote:

It sounds cool but in reality it's really impractical and unnecessary.

People are here to click the circles to the beat not to play an RPG.

I might not seem like it but I'm very happy that peppy gave me the choice to make bad habits on whichever map I want.

Yes, I completely agree that people are here only to click on the circles.
But at the same time, I think that a similar idea will be interesting enough for people to find their fans of such mode. Here the main thing is to think this whole thing up so that the player has some kind of goal to play it. For me personally, it would be enough that such a game would be of itself, others might just be bored with clicking on the circles and they would like something that would add something new to such a simple gameplay.

> Princess Pippi is missing! You must find her!

Syneergy wrote:

The idea you have, needs a prototype! that way you can realize if it's working or not.

Otherwise this doesnt make sense. OSU! is a clicking circle game not beating bosses.

If I were a good artist, I would paint it all. If I were a good programmer, I would have already started making a modification. Although nothing prevents me from starting to improve my skills, huh.

Well, here I disagree with you! But what about the legendary maps like Airman, Big Black or Inferi? These maps are quite similar to bossfights.
vinnicci
lol no one wants to save Princess Pippi, everyone just wants to become farmers in Sotarks farmlands.
Topic Starter

vinnicci wrote:

lol no one wants to save Princess Pippi, everyone just wants to become farmers in Sotarks farmlands.

Why do you speak for everyone? There are plenty of players who do not care about pp and play just for fun.
Deva

321 wrote:

There are plenty of players who do not care about pp and play just for fun.

You can count them on the fingers of your left hand. Assuming that you lost 2 fingers while farming Sotarks maps.
Topic Starter

Deva wrote:

321 wrote:

There are plenty of players who do not care about pp and play just for fun.

You can count them on the fingers of your left hand. Assuming that you lost 2 fingers while farming Sotarks maps.

Okay, fine. Still, in this topic, I want to discuss not the pp farmers.
My Angel Jeremy
To be honest as a 3 digit trash farmer i acually want a boss fight good idea peppy plz make boss fight
I mean, i do farm pp but i would definitely like an rpg to play with
The Gambler
So what you're saying is:

Do an osu! version of Huniepop Nier Automata.
Topic Starter

The Gambler wrote:

So what you're saying is:

Do an osu! version of Huniepop Nier Automata.

Hah, I didn't play Nier Automata, but I think... yep. Osu! version of Automata. :)

My Angel Jeremy wrote:

To be honest as a 3 digit trash farmer i acually want a boss fight good idea peppy plz make boss fight
I mean, i do farm pp but i would definitely like an rpg to play with

I know, It will be cool to just have fun and get some more cool experience from the game.
Topic Starter
In essence, this is just a visualization of progress in Osu!, ha.
show more