1. osu! forums
  2. Other
  3. Off-Topic
show more
posted

Edgar_Figaro wrote:

For anyone wondering “how people find these threads” it’s really quite simple.

They probably were interested in a topic and decided to search for it rather than posting a new thread using osu’s Search tool.

People often say don’t create new threads if one exists and yet to not necro a thread. That would mean though that no old topic can ever be discussed again if you followed both rules.
If what they were looking for led them to a thread in off-topic, I'm wondering why they even looked it up in the first place.

Because a lot of the necroposts seem to be on old shitposts that are "neither funny nor interesting".
posted
necropost is fine :) it is only anoying when it doesnt add to the discussion or the sole purpose is the necrobump and annoy people :)
posted

microism wrote:

necropost is fine :) it is only anoying when it doesnt add to the discussion or the sole purpose is the necrobump and annoy people :)
It's annoying in general. It's like necro'ing the deez nuts meme to attempt and make it popular again. It's fun while it lasts but don't drag it out
posted
alternatively you can do what I did to some and make it worse than a necro, a repost
posted

abraker wrote:

alternatively you can do what I did to some and make it worse than a necro, a repost
Or, even worse, you can post a thread and immediately post the exact same thread, which is a parallel post.

I dare say, parallel posting is fun.
posted
Or, or, astronomically worse, you can post a series of threads listing the alphabet.

Please don't do it, those were dark time. Dark times.
posted
That was fun, though! Well worth the silence.

I think Flan had fun cleaning it up as well.
jk, I'm sorry

Actually that may have been Stefan.

Oh well
posted
a
b
d
g
q
z
posted

necroing is bad

do not necro or DIE

Thansks for your attention.
posted
Thanks for saying something utterly obvious and rather unamusing.

Please lock this now.
posted
?
posted
█▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ █▀▀█ █▀▀█   █▀▀█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ▀▀█▀▀ ░▀░ █▀▀▄ █▀▀▀
▀▀█ ░░█░░ █░░█ █░░█   █░░█ █░░█ ▀▀█ ░░█░░ ▀█▀ █░░█ █░▀█
▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀▀ █▀▀▀   █▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ░░▀░░ ▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀▀