forum

[Archived] osu! installer wont work

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ai land
I've been trying to install osu! for quite a while now. I downloaded the osu! installer more than 3 times but whenever I click on it, it won't open or work. However when I downloaded my xppen driver earlier today, I was able to download it but now I can't. I don't know what to do, and if anyone wants to know, I have microsoft.NET installed. Please help. Thanks in advance
osu! version: 20180811.2
Death
Have you tried restarting your computer?

Check your task manager to see if anything starts and then closes.

Check your event viewer for any crash logs in case the installer happens to be crashing instantly.
Topic Starter
ai land

Death wrote:

Have you tried restarting your computer?

Check your task manager to see if anything starts and then closes.

Check your event viewer for any crash logs in case the installer happens to be crashing instantly.

I have tried restarting my computer numerous times now.

Task manager, I did open the installer and seen the name "osu! (32bit) and immediately close after opening. If this is the reason why, how can I fix this?

Event viewer? Never heard of it or know where to find it.

Thanks in advance, Death
Death
Follow this guide.
Topic Starter
ai land

Death wrote:

Follow this guide.

Event viewer shows "MMC could not create the snap-in"
"The snap-in might not have been installed properly"
"name: Event Viewer"
"CLSID: FX:{b05566ad-fe9c-4363-be05-7a4cbb7cb510}"

Also, how could I fix this? Especially with using this event viewer service.
Death
I'm not sure if you followed that guide correctly. You are supposed to Ctrl + F and search for osu! so you can get logs that are related to osu!. Can you try doing that?

On its own, that log doesn't really say much except for the fact that you might have a .NET framework issue. In which case, you should try repairing your .NET framework. This differs per OS so what OS are you on?
Topic Starter
ai land
I am not able to follow that guide correctly because of the problem.
This is what I get when I open event viewer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF-IX2ctTxg
It's the same that says so above. My OS is windows 10 home.
Death
I see, why don't you try installing any OS updates you have and repairing your .NET framework as I suggested in my last post.

Here is a link to an article that explains how to do that for Windows 10: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1501399-repair-or-reinstall-microsoft-net-framework
Skip the first solution as that appears to be specific to the software that this article was originally made for.

Microsoft also provides a .NET framework repair tool that you can find here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30135

I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between using that tool and following the other guide.

There is also a potential registry fix for this issue, but I would not recommend playing around with anything in your registry unless you know what you are doing. Googling the error message you posted here will show give you a lot of results on how to do that if what I wrote above does not work.
Topic Starter
ai land
I have tried to fix my .NET framework and event viewer still shows the same thing. I cannot update my OS either because of my C disk being full because of some kind of windows files. I have tried setting the quota of the disk space to no limit however it still stays at 13.9 GB
Death
The fact that you are getting that message on the Event viewer and repairing your .NET framework is not fixing it may indicated that there is some larger issue with your OS. Not really sure what to tell you if you can't update it (except maybe to try reinstalling it?)

You can try downloading the program that Flanster mentioned in this post, and using it to get more information about why osu! is crashing, but it may or may not work itself. It's probably safe to assume that the issues you are having with your event viewer could be related to the issues you are having with osu!, but on the off chance it isn't, we still need more information and AppCrashView could help.