forum

I've hit a wall and I can't seem to progress out of it.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Euwuphoria
I understand "walls" are a part of progression. but i am seriously stuck in this situation where I can't tap fast enough on certain maps. Ignoring my pp+rank because I feel like I should be higher than this. So please don't take it into consideration, I play for fun and I don't farm pp maps!!

When I first started playing I alternated up until ~1 month ago, so now I single tap. I have an easier time following rhythm like this. I couldn't alternate jumps and is a reason why I stopped, I can't get alternate anymore, I am too used to single tapping. When I try to alternate I go straight back to single tapping. (Yes this is a force of habit) I can do quite a bit of jumps. I recently completed my first 5* maps and I **CAN NOT** seem to do the map again.

What exactly should I do other than training myself to tap faster?

Should I take a break from osu? My hand feels tighter than it used to be when I first started playing.
(Is that bad? lol)

I think I'm missing something here, but I hope I someone can understand what I'm saying. I don't know how to post replays here of the map, nor is the 5* map in my top pp plays, so if you wanted to watch it. Not sure how to get it here.
Kondou-Shinichi
yeah you should take a break if you start feeling uncomfortable playing osu/hit a wall
Shoy
Why the hell are you stressing about not being able to survive again a 5* map when you have a 72h playtime and 800 raw PP ?

Walk back into 3* maps and get your basics there. Even if you're used to singletapping, you still can use your 2nd key if needed and you'll have to learn to use it anyway.

If you want a simple comparison : You are one meter high and go into 3 meters walls... Go through some 1.50 meters walls first, and when you'll be 1.50m high, go into 2 meters walls and make your trip this way. That would be smart.
Juuuuuuuuul
I see scores in your top ranks are from a few days ago, you have less than 100 hours playtime. You are not hitting a wall, you are just slowing down, it's the same for all players.
If you feel you can't improve by raising the star difficulty, don't do it, go back to your olds B and A scores and focus on getting a S on it.
Fill your top 50 with S and FCs.
UnnamedBeast

Juuuuuuuuul wrote:

I see scores in your top ranks are from a few days ago, you have less than 100 hours playtime. You are not hitting a wall, you are just slowing down, it's the same for all players.
If you feel you can't improve by raising the star difficulty, don't do it, go back to your olds B and A scores and focus on getting a S on it.
Fill your top 50 with S and FCs.
this defo

if you really wanna progress on 5* when you can S 4* try doing them NF
im flat

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

yeah you should take a break if you start feeling uncomfortable playing osu/hit a wall
i took a break and lost all skills lmao
love u kondou
Xirai
you will gain them back.

I had a 5 year break, came back, sucked hard, got better than before.
Feylos
Obviously speed starts to become a limiting factor on maps unless you train that, such as streams or whatnot, but you'll want to train consistency. I don't know much about your personal skill, but your account says you haven't fc-d a 4 star yet, so I think it's too early to move on. Work on streaming, maybe jumps, and try to fc longer maps to build stamina.

And yes, take breaks every now and again, it's good for you. My hand tensed up a lot on maps, and it progressed to the point where it was tense even when not playing, and if you try to play anyway it just hurts so don't. Stretch your wrists and arms if it ever worries you, and don't give yourself an rsi over osu
N0thingSpecial
When I hit a wall I crawl into a fetal position and cry myself to sleep
show more