forum

[Song Content Rules] Anti-Douche Clarification

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Okoratu
All users are given a one submission leeway before penalties are handed out due to the uncertain nature of this ruling. After this leeway has passed, users who continually choose to upload inappropriate tracks will face a 42-hour infringement along with the removal of their submission.

Unless you're clearly being a douche with this shite - aka uploading something clearly not okay, while being fully aware and then annoying everyone with it.

suggesting this rewording:

All users are given a one submission leeway before penalties are handed out unless they are fully aware that their song content is not okay and upload their beatmap set anyways in order to be disruptive. What qualifies as abuse is up to the Global Moderation Team's judgement. After this leeway has passed, users who continually choose to upload inappropriate tracks will face a 42-hour infringement along with the removal of their submission.
Topic Starter
Okoratu
Giving this 2 days of time to hear out other's thoughts, but this is what the GMT / QAT were leaning towards to and aligns with the community rules (see: rule 4: don't be a douche)
Kibbleru
i feel like the problem with this is that 'anyone' can claim ignorance.

reword to something like.

'unless its clear the user shows abusive intentions' or something

the current wording makes it seem like they can defend themselves by claiming ignorance
Stefan
People consider MTC as 'clearly not okay', others found XXXTENTACION's songs as acceptable. I don't think we should stretch this too far where opinions differ too much.
Nao Tomori
Agree, there's already quite a level of double-standards with regard to content...
Flanster
Yes we live in an age where songs like this are prevelant and I understand everyone's woes. However there are obvious enough cases where a map is uploaded solely for shits and giggles to be thrown around for 5 minutes of nonexistant fame. If we don't look at these case by case then to me this is a one-time only free token to be a goof with no consequence. Similar content would be nuked from forums/chat. Why should maps be exempt considering extra effort is put into said content.
tatatat
Seems like a great rule to me!
JBHyperion
Rather than some vague argument as to whether someone may or may not be "fully aware that their song content is not okay", it would be more straightforward to just have a disclaimer that anything excessively offensive (according to a significant fraction of the QAT / GMT) will have the silence applied regardless of whether it's their first map or not.

If anyone wants to argue the toss over whether something is excessive they can PM me - preferably before uploading.
pishifat
how jbh's suggestion would look in the rc (just adding the first 4 words):

Excluding severely inappropriate uploads, all users are given a one submission leeway before penalties are handed out. After this leeway has passed, users who continually choose to upload inappropriate tracks will face a 42-hour infringement along with the removal of their submission.

if it seems like qat/gmt are being unfair about what's considered "severely inappropriate", we'll just revert to the old wording. as it is now, people can intentionally break site-wide rules with permission of the ranking criteria, so i agree that something should be done
Topic Starter
Okoratu
am fine with that
defiance
am fine with that too, it sounds like a fair warning rather than getting hit with a 42 hour silence
pishifat
show more