forum

thank you, osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pura-follia
I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but here we go.

Just yesterday i hit my one year anniversary of playing in osu. It was pretty monumental for me, though i wasn't online at the time -- I finally have gotten back to it now haha.

I want to start off by, i'm not a popular player by any means. I never post on forums, I hardly ever even play (maybe once or twice a week), and i'm not that high in the rankings. But even still, this game means a lot to me.

Rhythm games in general are a huge stress reliever for me personally, and I have had a lot of stress put on me lately. Between depression, dysphoria, and general family troubles. My life was falling apart, but if i ever needed a distraction from it all, osu was right here for me.

As one might coin from my profile theme, i am a huge anime fan and collector - manga, cards, figures, you name it, i have it. I used to not have much of a manga collection due to my mum's doubts on it being a good way of spending my money - until through chance, i met someone on osu. He told me he lived in the town right next to mine. He was moving out to get a better job and simply couldn't take his manga with him, so he wanted someone to take it off his hands. This was not some small collection - it was quite a lot of volumes, maybe 20 or so?
I offered to pay him for it, 20 bucks at least. But he told me he wouldn't take money for them - and he'd give them to me for free. Eventually, i had my mother meet up with him and I had acquired the majority of my current collection from this osu player. We even still talk today on occasion. If you're reading this, thanks TheTigerPanzer!

Other than that much, i've just met a huge amount of nice people on osu. Also, a lot of people with comedy like mine lmao.

Thank you osu!, for 1 year and hopefully many more to come!
Senilis
this is so fuckin sweet
lordq
congratulations! xD
Dntm8kmeeatu
These are the nice stories I like to hear.

Weebs lookin' out for other weebs ;)
Topic Starter
pura-follia
oh my god thank's y'all sksksksksk im actually cryin i didn't expect any replies---
Pachiru
That's a very very cute story :)
VinZentVanDough
happy (osu!) birthday
Equilize
This makes me think, should I make a forum post about my osu! life. The story is amazing btw lol its soo cute ^-^
show more