forum

in-game adjustable IIDX lane cover and hit position

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +2
Topic Starter
I_Velvet
Adjustable lane cover like in IIDX? The option to do it in-game would be cool. Same goes for the hit position, instead of ini
GrilledCheeese
Not sure what a lane cover is, but I agree that changing the hit position in-game would be a nice setting. Currently for myself I have made a dozen different versions of my skin each with their own hit position, which is kind of tedious, but I did it. I'm sure that as osu!lazer continues to be developed there will be options like this added in as well. I'm 99% sure rates will be added as well for the mania gamemode. So instead of using a 3rd party software to change the speed of a beatmap to increments of 0.10, you'll be able to do it in-game. But that's another topic. Maybe you'd like to keep an eye on lazer development, and if you're a developer yourself, even participate in developing. More info can be found on the github:
The framework: https://github.com/ppy/osu-framework
And osu itself: https://github.com/ppy/osu
Topic Starter
I_Velvet
Thanks for that, i'll check all this stuff out

GrilledCheeese wrote:

Not sure what a lane cover is, but I agree that changing the hit position in-game would be a nice setting.

A lane cover is just a static cover that comes down from the top of the lanes, covering all the notes at whatever height you choose. Here's an example of the hit position raised, and the lane cover enabled
Mirt
I absolutely love IIDX and would love a lane cover. It's not something that would affect the game and rankings too much however whilst inconvenient there is currently a way to change hit locations with skinning. An option to change where it is would be great but isn't that also essentially just changing the offset? I'm not as sure about that since I'm not experienced with skinning or offsets but I do think lane covers are a fantastic idea.
RockRoller

I_Velvet wrote:

A lane cover is just a static cover that comes down from the top of the lanes, covering all the notes at whatever height you choose. Here's an example of the hit position raised, and the lane cover enabled

So all it does is that you can only see the notes later? That allreay is possible with skinning and adjusting the hit position ins possible aswell.
Mirt

RockRoller wrote:

I_Velvet wrote:

So all it does is that you can only see the notes later? That allreay is possible with skinning and adjusting the hit position ins possible aswell.

That is true, However an adjustable lane cover in game would be nice. Some times different charts are useful to change the lane cover. For example, For LN Charts, Personally I would increase the lane cover and decrease scroll speed. However if it's dense charts, I reduce the lane cover. It would be a bit of a pain having to change skins every time I wanted to make small changes to my Lane Cover.
RockRoller

Mirt wrote:

That is true, However an adjustable lane cover in game would be nice. Some times different charts are useful to change the lane cover. For example, For LN Charts, Personally I would increase the lane cover and decrease scroll speed. However if it's dense charts, I reduce the lane cover. It would be a bit of a pain having to change skins every time I wanted to make small changes to my Lane Cover.

Hmm, I guess this may be added in lazer then. I guess for the current client you need to stick to multiple skins. I don't really see a problem with switching between skins anyways, in std many players do that anyways.
IIDX

Mirt wrote:

I absolutely love IIDX and would love a lane cover. It's not something that would affect the game and rankings too much however whilst inconvenient there is currently a way to change hit locations with skinning. An option to change where it is would be great but isn't that also essentially just changing the offset? I'm not as sure about that since I'm not experienced with skinning or offsets but I do think lane covers are a fantastic idea.
hitpos is just your hit position. It is pretty much the same as lift in IIDX.
show more