forum

DT

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Good evening.
Back at it again,with a question. How do you learn Double Time? Even at my level im consistent. (4,6-4.8 im pretty consistent,as in 96%accuracy and +) And i can't complete 4,5's with DT. How can i learn this mod? Any tips? Cuz im only good at average bpm songs like 150-180. But with DT its way faster and i cant tap everything mainly single so im just left with spamming zx buttons for a minute..
DroidBass
Regards! are you conscient of what is giving you troubles? is the AR or the speed itself?

You can still try at various 4* from DT maps first and gradually improving on there. To get started with DT try maps that without mods are between 115 bpm and 130 bpm, otherwise it may cost you a bit.

Another possibility is that you're not picking very DT'ble maps at all, this usually occurs when you pick [hards] with like 180 bpm without mods which ends into extremely fast single tapping that most people cannot do well... single tapping finely 270's bpm is very uncommon at low ranks.

Try viewing profiles and plays from players of similar ranks than yours and see which maps they use for pp (also as personal recommendation avoid those maps with less than 90 seconds of playing... that doesn't raise your skills at all... only your pp)
raccoongamer

tomatas95 wrote:

Good evening.
Back at it again,with a question. How do you learn Double Time? Even at my level im consistent. (4,6-4.8 im pretty consistent,as in 96%accuracy and +) And i can't complete 4,5's with DT. How can i learn this mod? Any tips? Cuz im only good at average bpm songs like 150-180. But with DT its way faster and i cant tap everything mainly single so im just left with spamming zx buttons for a minute..

Like hell you would. If you are able to do 4,6-4,8 consistently, try lower 3* maps with DT. Just look at the SR of the song after you put a DT on it. If it’s higher than 5* - don’t go for it.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
I know @Raccoongamer.

@DroidBass Well Speed itself the AR is fine but with DT the notes are appearing too fast to even be able to click them that's a problem i'm having atm

Side question:
How did you guys get the nervousness out in osu while keeping high multiplier? 400x++
Syneergy
Well, do you remember the day that 4 stars was hard for you. I hope you do because it i kinda similar situation.

Yoy are probablt trying to DT some 4 star map and some of them are not even for Double Time Mod. I mean it is fast and stuff.

But your question is how to be able to play it ir whatever, the simple answer is play DT alot with NF. But play 3 stars instead
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Alternating is a must? Or i can singletap?
DroidBass
Single tapping DT is most likely single tapping no-mod once you really get used to DT.

Apart that with DT you usually learn to single tap better than playing no-mod because of the higher focus in speed instead of the aim itself.

Maps like Skillet - Hero's [Insane] +DT are things that will teach you how to single tap better.
raccoongamer

tomatas95 wrote:

Alternating is a must? Or i can singletap?

The main advantage of alternating is speed (and stamina), so it seems logical to alternate DT maps, which basically require high speed.
Mentally Insane
OK well DT I would say 2-3 stars but thats just me. I'm a touchscreen player but 2-3 is like you absolute starting point then work your way to DT with higher difficulties. Warning: DT with a song over 5 stars is hard and over 7 stars is almost impossible. But 6 stars is fc possible.
Topic Starter
tomatas95
Cuz people told me before i start DT,that if i'll adapt to the pace of DT I can play atleast averagely with this mod.
UnnamedBeast
Instead of playing DT, start doing 5* maps with NF until you're somewhat consistent at them. Trust me, I thought spamming DT was the answer but I found out the hard way.
im flat
just play spam retry get used to whatever ar it is
u dont have to alternate look at azerite lol
Topic Starter
tomatas95
I dont need NF to play 5*. I can fairly get a 96% score on some 5 star maps ( just not stream maps xd )
Sicoh
I really dont recommend you learning dt at ur rank now, just play nomod at the moment and maybe get into mods when ur around 3k-3.5kpp
show more