forum

Request for new Flemish channel [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
show more
Remco32
Flemish is a variation on Dutch, and perfectly understandable for Dutch people and vice versa. This means there will be a channel created for a country, not a language - which is kind of pointless.
#dutch isn't that big of a channel, and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium is smaller than Holland, which is already a small country to begin with. If a separate channel will be created, #dutch will decrease a bit in size, and the new channel would be barely used due to the small userbase.

I also love the mindless drones yelling 'SUPPORT!!1!' on a suggestion they clearly haven't even given a quick thought.
GladiOol
it will just be #dutch2

I don't mind them having their own channel though.
Topic Starter
joseph

Remco32 wrote:

Flemish is a variation on Dutch, and perfectly understandable for Dutch people and vice versa. This means there will be a channel created for a country, not a language - which is kind of pointless.
#dutch isn't that big of a channel, and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium is smaller than Holland, which is already a small country to begin with. If a separate channel will be created, #dutch will decrease a bit in size, and the new channel would be barely used due to the small userbase.

I also love the mindless drones yelling 'SUPPORT!!1!' on a suggestion they clearly haven't even given a quick thought.
" #dutch will decrease a bit in size"

Lol, yeah. Because there really are belgian people in #dutch that talk. They instantly get kicked out with talks. I am the only Flemish guy that talks there. Thank you very much. And you aren't really one of the people who would mind us *Cough* me leaving the channel and gather with the others.

Thank you
Pheon

Remco32 wrote:

Egh, that's true, it'd be because of a couple of nuisances in #dutch. Also, it'd be the biggest victory for them *cough*.

Also; let the flaming begin I suppose..? I hope not.
Remco32

joseph wrote:

Lol, yeah. Because there really are belgian people in #dutch that talk. They instantly get kicked out with talks. I am the only Flemish guy that talks there. Thank you very much. And you aren't really one of the people who would mind us *Cough* me leaving the channel and gather with the others.

Thank you
Nobody gets kicked from the channel. Yes, you aren't hugged to hell and back the second you say hi, and we will make a remark about people from Belgium. It's a cultural thing, the Dutch think of Belgium people that they are extremely dumb, and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people.

Your actual problem with #dutch is the real reason you want your own channel: annoying as fuck people are frowned upon and 'flamed' (I think flaming is exaggerated) in the channel:
Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
Annoying, hyperactive kids who start the spam the shit out of the channel get told to piss off,
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off.

Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD' the first time you reveal you are in fact one. After that, we go on with the regular chatting and you are free to join in.

Getting all mad because you screwed up and ruined your position in the channel, and then begging for your own channel, is a bit hypocrite.

This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare.
zozozofun
Belgium knows 2 languages, French and Dutch, why don't they just go to those channels? That's like asking if we can have a #british
Kyshiro
I guess every ''country/language'' deserves their own channel so yeah
+1 Support
GladiOol
well it'll be just like #british #american #australian #godknowswhatothercountries.

we all know those won't happen as well.
Topic Starter
joseph

Remco32 wrote:

joseph wrote:

Thank you
Nobody gets kicked from the channel. Yes, you aren't hugged to hell and back the second you say hi, and we will make a remark about people from Belgium. It's a cultural thing, the Dutch think of Belgium people that they are extremely dumb, and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people.

Your actual problem with #dutch is the real reason you want your own channel: annoying as fuck people are frowned upon and 'flamed' (I think flaming is exaggerated) in the channel:
Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
Annoying, hyperactive kids who start the spam the shit out of the channel get told to piss off,
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off.

Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD' the first time you reveal you are in fact one. After that, we go on with the regular chatting and you are free to join in.

Getting all mad because you screwed up and ruined your position in the channel, and then begging for your own channel, is a bit hypocrite.

This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare.

- Dutch people told me that I had to do this. As you can see OTHERS then them are supporthing this.
- Why do you care so much about this channel if you get annoyed so much?
- I never said this "and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people." 1st time hearing about this was from a Dutch guy. Not belgian. We have other things to talk about. We aren't like you guys giving remarks about being dutch or flemish.
- "Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off." I've never seen this happening and if i did I wouldn't care. These are more personal things you hate about the channel. I never said something like this. If i did, screen-shot please.
- "Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD" And much more. If only it was that... I don't care what you people say about us. But don't make it look like that's the reason why I want this.
- "This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare" That's like admitting it.

I just want this new channel to be created because I don't see anyone from belgium in #dutch. There is no place for us to gather because they don't feel at home. Don't think I do this for myself. I've been in #dutch for 2.5year and i still meet nice people there. I just met a few people from belgium and realized that there has to be made a new channel so that we can feel at home in this game and talk about what we want.

Thanks once again.

And like I said befor, support this and don't rage. If you can't do that then no need to join this post.
GladiOol
this is my new favorite forum

\:D/
RinKagamine
I think it's a good idea for them to an own place. They don't gather in Dutch for different reasons. Enough for them to have there own place.

meep. Q uQ
Joseph~ c:
dkun
I'm an active #dutch-er, and I'd just like to add; if you're annoying to begin with, or if you're an annoyance (which is obvious with the first few lines you say, or if you active #osu, you actively get shunned out of #dutch for the same purpose).

"Flemish" to begin with is *very* small, compared to the other communities here, at least. And it consists of two languages, being #french and #dutch.

I've been in #dutch for nearly two years. I'm starting to learn some common words and phrases, and most of the #dutch community knows my face. They don't shun me like you do, do they? And hey, I'm American. So you're obviously doing *something* wrong.

tl;dr no go for this support request
Renard_old

peppy wrote:

How big i the Flemish community? We generally don't make chat channels for smaller groups because it isn't so necessary.
flemish community is half size of belgium aka quite big .... bigger then whole netherlands itself so i think there should be a room for those guys , i dont speak it myself but the community is too big to just have all in dutch channel
GladiOol
Everybody is allowed, as long as you talk dutch or english and aren't a fag. <3

Renard wrote:

peppy wrote:

How big i the Flemish community? We generally don't make chat channels for smaller groups because it isn't so necessary.
flemish community is half size of belgium aka quite big .... bigger then whole netherlands itself

Nederland > population: 16.669.112 ~ surface: 41.526 km²
Belgoum > population: about 11 million ~ surface: 30.528 km²
Lally
+1 i support this request :3/
Topic Starter
joseph

dkun wrote:

I'm an active #dutch-er, and I'd just like to add; if you're annoying to begin with, or if you're an annoyance (which is obvious with the first few lines you say, or if you active #osu, you actively get shunned out of #dutch for the same purpose).

"Flemish" to begin with is *very* small, compared to the other communities here, at least. And it consists of two languages, being #french and #dutch.

I've been in #dutch for nearly two years. I'm starting to learn some common words and phrases, and most of the #dutch community knows my face. They don't shun me like you do, do they? And hey, I'm American. So you're obviously doing *something* wrong.

There is a big difference between me and you dkun. Please don't even think about comparing me with you.
They don't follow me around like they do with you. I'm "Just some belgian player" for them, while you are well known in the osu community.
I still don't see why you guys are going against it... We do no harm creating our own channel, do we?

Don't deny that there is a difference in status between you and me. That will explain it more then saying that I'm doing *Something* wrong.
Lodellica
I approve of this idea. o3o
dkun

joseph wrote:

dkun wrote:

There is a big difference between me and you dkun. Please don't even think about comparing me with you.
They don't follow me around like they do with you. I'm "Just some belgian player" for them, while you are well known in the osu community.
I still don't see why you guys are going against it... We do no harm creating our own channel, do we?

Don't deny that there is a difference in status between you and me. That will explain it more then saying that I'm doing *Something* wrong.
The difference between you and I? They actually respect me. I've earned my respect the hard way. I walked in #dutch and I wasn't given respect day one.

I used to be "just some American" to them, and now like you said, I'm a "well known person in the osu! community". I'm against this because there is no need when Flemish is composed of two languages that are already active here at osu!.

Also getting all your friends to support this isn't going to help the cause, either. They prove no relation to a community related request, as they're not Flemish, nor are they apart of #dutch in any form or fashion.
GladiOol
if you want to join #dutch join #dutch lol

you really don't have to earn respect? XD just don't be a fag like me, cuz there's only room for one fag AND THAT'S MY SPOT.
Remco32
Where do I start?
- Dutch people told me that I had to do this. As you can see OTHERS then them are supporthing this.
The only Dutch/Belgium person I see supporting in this thread is Kyshiro. I don't remember seeing anyone in #dutch ever mentioning this.
- Why do you care so much about this channel if you get annoyed so much?
Because you want a channel with a bad reason. Channels are reserved for languages with a playerbase backing it.
- I never said this "and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people." 1st time hearing about this was from a Dutch guy. Not belgian. We have other things to talk about. We aren't like you guys giving remarks about being dutch or flemish.
"How did the copperwire got invented? Two Dutchmen were fighting for a cent."
You are blatantly lying, or you just moved to Belgium three weeks ago.
- "Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off." I've never seen this happening and if i did I wouldn't care. These are more personal things you hate about the channel. I never said something like this. If i did, screen-shot please.
You should know I log everything, and I have a 40MB log of #dutch.
apr 11 19:12:08 <cool_music> ist hier irgentein deutscher
apr 11 19:12:26 <zozozofun> #german
apr 11 19:12:37 <cool_music> yes
apr 11 19:13:03 <zozozofun> #german
apr 11 19:13:09 <cool_music> ja
apr 11 19:13:16 <zozozofun> click it
mrt 15 21:17:15 <joseph> Remco32! Where is my hug?! >=T

feb 26 19:14:27 <Remco32> #dutch stuk?
feb 26 19:15:57 <joseph> 0.0
feb 26 19:16:04 <joseph> I still want that hug ; ^;
etc, etc

- "Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD" And much more. If only it was that... I don't care what you people say about us. But don't make it look like that's the reason why I want this.
The burden of proof for this one is on you.
- "This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare" That's like admitting it.
Admitting what, exactly? That the reason for #dutch to exist is for everyone to be friends? Like I said, this is the internet. Not everyone gets along. #dutch isn't an exception to that.

support this and don't rage
>Make suggestion
>Get counter-arguments
>omg shut up if you aren't going to support this.
Freedom of speech works both ways, you can make a suggestion, and I may criticize it.
Topic Starter
joseph

dkun wrote:

The difference between you and I? They actually respect me. I've earned my respect the hard way. I walked in #dutch and I wasn't given respect day one.

I used to be "just some American" to them, and now like you said, I'm a "well known person in the osu! community". I'm against this because there is no need when Flemish is composed of two languages that are already active here at osu!.

Also getting all your friends to support this isn't going to help the cause, either. They prove no relation to a community related request, as they're not Flemish, nor are they apart of #dutch in any form or fashion.
I am not talking about the *respect/well know* part in #Dutch. You were already known outside of #dutch. That's the thing I'm talking about.

Those people might not be in the dutch community, but they realize that this idea isn't stupid. They actually admit that this is a good idea because there would be no problem for the Dutch people if we do.

And why would every Flemish person go trough the HARD WAY to EARN respect from the Dutch people if we can just have our own channel where we can chill out with each other instead of working hard to be recognized by Dutch people. Because that's what you just said.

Once again, if you want to be here to rage... Then I see no need for it. There is no harm done, nor will be.

Thanks once again.
GladiOol
GUYS WHY SO SERIOUS.

JUST DON'T BE A FAG AND YOU CAN STAY IN #dutch
Shiirn
joseph, it seems to me that the problem you're having is that you're not being accepted by a community not because of the language barriers, but because of your personality or actions taken. No matter where you go, you're going to need to earn respect. It doesn't matter if they're dutch, english, or swahili, earning respect is something that everyone should do. You're asking for a way to run away from the responsibility of earning the respect required of a newer player, while trying to grasp at threads to make a new channel for you to be the one demanding respect.

This isn't about languages. This is about being accepted, no? Don't run away from the real issue here.
dkun

joseph wrote:

I am not talking about the *respect/well know* part in #Dutch. You were already known outside of #dutch. That's the thing I'm talking about.

Those people might not be in the dutch community, but they realize that this idea isn't stupid. They actually admit that this is a good idea because there would be no problem for the Dutch people if we do.

And why would every Flemish person go trough the HARD WAY to EARN respect from the Dutch people if we can just have our own channel where we can chill out with each other instead of working hard to be recognized by Dutch people. Because that's what you just said.

Once again, if you want to be here to rage... Then I see no need for it. There is no harm done, nor will be.

Thanks once again.
That is the part you are hinting to. I was not known outside of #dutch when I happened to come across #dutch. You do not know my way here at osu!.

These people are not part of the #dutch community, but what are the chances they happened to stumble across this thread? They admit it's a good idea, because their friend thinks it's a good idea. No go in that part.

Every person has to earn respect through one way or another, even Dutch to Dutch. Not everyone is friendly. You just don't understand how life, or the internet works.

I'm not raging at you, I'm simply stating the facts at you, which you refuse to acknowledge.

Shiirn wrote:

This isn't about languages. This is about being accepted, no? Don't run away from the real issue here.
^
Topic Starter
joseph

Shiirn wrote:

joseph, it seems to me that the problem you're having is that you're not being accepted by a community not because of the language barriers, but because of your personality or actions taken. No matter where you go, you're going to need to earn respect. It doesn't matter if they're dutch, english, or swahili, earning respect is something that everyone should do. You're asking for a way to run away from the responsibility of earning the respect required of a newer player, while trying to grasp at threads to make a new channel for you to be the one demanding respect.

Once again, you are talking about respect and being accepted....
I never said that. You guys are talking about that not me. And I don't care about being the bad guy who started this. I talked with some flemish people and they told me that they don't like dutch. I told them if they would agree with #flemish and they said yes.

I am in #Dutch for 2.5years. Why would i suddently want to "run away"? Shiirn please try to understand the situation rather then telling me that I'm running away and stuff.
I don't even know what you guys are talking about with the respect thingy...

Anywaaaays... Support this and don't rage. I don't mind being the bad guy. As long as I can join a place where i can meet up with the others, I'm happy. That's what I'm trying to do. THE REASON is me bringing the others together because I never see someone from belgium in #Dutch. Well... I just saw one today and he/she said that he never talked because they told him to shut up. That Is all.

Thank you
Remco32
Like I said before, those are the kind of people who yell "support!!!!" without giving the actual suggestion even half a thought.
Is this your first time in an (internet) community? In every community you have to earn a reputation and respect. New people in the channel start with a clean sheet, where they can earn the (dis)respect of the community by their actions. dkun! earned our respect, where you did more than your best to be annoying. Now dkun! is a well respected guy in #dutch, and you are trying to get your own channel because you don't feel welcome anymore.
Shiirn
Requesting new channels is only for new languages; specifically, languages that do not already exist as part of the list. Due to the Flemmish using both French and Dutch, they are not incorporating any new languages and thus the culture/community itself does not need a new channel. This is the same reason Canada doesn't have a channel. The same reason the UK doesn't have a channel. The same reason China doesn't have 5 channels. The channels are for languages alone. Not communities.

Thus, denying this as invalid.
Sakisan
I disagree Shiirn. Every single Flemish person who speaks in #dutch becomes an object of ridicule in a matter of seconds. The wise thing to do is obviously to ignore the funny guys and find your own friends. That's why we can't find Flemish people in #dutch. They close the tab and don't come back to it. Which makes it a very hard job finding each other. A separate channel is an easy solution for this. The other is to have better moderators in the existing channel. Both seem pretty unlikely to happen, but the issue still had to be told.

Also dkun, maybe you should follow your own advise and not go defending your friends in matters that don't apply to you. You pretend you know #dutch because you've been there 2 years, but it's pretty obvious you don't know what's going on.

For exemple Flemish people don't use French. Please get to know us a little better before deciding?
Kyonko Hizara
Tho I have no votes, I still support
Topic Starter
joseph

Shiirn wrote:

Requesting new channels is only for new languages; specifically, languages that do not already exist as part of the list. Due to the Flemmish using both French and Dutch, they are not incorporating any new languages and thus the culture/community itself does not need a new channel. This is the same reason Canada doesn't have a channel. The same reason the UK doesn't have a channel. The same reason China doesn't have 5 channels. The channels are for languages alone. Not communities.

Thus, denying this as invalid.
This got denied because of a misunderstanding! Great. :D

Thx a lot for everyone's time and support/non support! I really enjoyed this. Now i realized something about the Osu! community! I have to fight my way up and earn lots of respect. YEAH! Where i come dkun! We might end up next to each others in the #Dutch respect rank!

Also thanks for not closing this right away and giving it a chance. I really appreciate this. I'll tell the people from Belgium that there is nothing to worry about and that they can talk in #Dutch.

Thank you once again!
Remco32
Once again, you are talking about respect and being accepted....
I never said that. You guys are talking about that not me.
Well, yeah, you are the one who is trying his best to ignore that fact.
I am in #Dutch for 2.5years. Why would i suddently want to "run away"?
I'm in #dutch since the day it was created. You haven't been active for 2,5 years. Yes, you might have lurked the channel for that amount of time, but no way you were active.
I don't even know what you guys are talking about with the respect thingy...
And here lies the real issue.
Shiirn
New channels are specifically for LANGUAGES, not for communities.

Your personal problems have no bearing on how the structuring of the language channels work.

Are you telling me Flemmish is a unique language unto itself? If not, then this request is invalid.
dkun

Sakisan2 wrote:

Also dkun, maybe you should follow your own advise and not go defending your friends in matters that don't apply to you. You pretend you know #dutch because you've been there 2 years, but it's pretty obvious you don't know what's going on.

For exemple Flemish people don't use French. Please get to know us a little better before deciding?
Excuse you? Matters that don't apply to me? I consider myself active in #dutch; I haven't seen your name pop up, now have I?

I pretend to know #dutch? I know #dutch. It's pretty obvious you're being oblivious to what I have to say, which you probably didn't read the rest of the thread. Don't even try to point that at me, because it's not going to work.

Also joseph, being sarcastic about it isn't going to help your issue one bit. There is good reason to why this was denied, and there's sound reasoning behind my, every other Dutch person's logic, and even Shiirn's logic behind all of this. You all just pretend to be oblivious and think your issue isn't about being accepted.

Shiirn wrote:

Your personal problems have no bearing on how the structuring of the language channels works.

Are you telling me Flemmish is a unique language unto itself? If not, then this request is invalid.
And there you have it. Are you going to find some way to get around this as well? Not giving you a chance, perhaps? Please, I'd like to see your twisted logic get around this.
Sakisan
Hey no reason to get angry, dkun. I'm just saying that the problem of Dutch guys discharging Flemish guys doesn't apply to you but does apply to me. I don't know how you can deny that.

I'm fine with Flemish and Dutch being the same language. If you can convince the dutch players of that, that would be an improvement.
dkun

Sakisan2 wrote:

Hey no reason to get angry, dkun. I'm just saying that the problem of Dutch guys discharging Flemish guys doesn't apply to you but does apply to me. I don't know how you can deny that.

I'm fine with Flemish and Dutch being the same language. If you can convince the dutch players of that, that would be an improvement.
I don't see how I'm angry, you must not know me. Oh wait, you don't. You also must not know what an "online community" is, because #dutch welcomes me with open arms, so I consider myself a part of the decisions that go on in the channel.

The Dutch welcome everyone, the Flemish people just happen to think that they're hated for some odd reason. With all the #dutch regulars telling me the same thing, I've come to this conclusion. I'm sure if you just walk in and talk, you won't be shunned if you don't act like an idiot. You know, unlike some people *cough* around here. There's no improvement with the Dutch that needs to happen, but the other way around.
Sakura

Sakisan2 wrote:

A separate channel is an easy solution for this.
Easy you say, how many other channels that do have their own language have been denied due to not being able to be implemented for the time being, if you guys deserve a Flemmish channel, first we'll need to go through all of those old requests for other channels. If you guys keep getting harassed by people in #dutch give us names using the !report command when such things happen so moderators can take action.
Topic Starter
joseph
Just lock this already guys! This is really getting serious . lol

Where is the love? :D I wasn't expecting this to go on after i left... How do you request for a lock? @~@

I'll try my best as I was doing before. Problem solved. Case closed. :3

I'm sorry for the harm I've done to some people. I really didn't mean to. And sorry if there were some misunderstandings that are still unsolved.
^^'

Thank you~
Remco32

joseph wrote:

Where is the love? :D I wasn't expecting this to go on after i left... How do you request for a lock? @~@

I'll try my best as I was doing before. Problem solved. Case closed. :3

I'm sorry for the harm I've done to some people. I really didn't mean to. And sorry if there were some misunderstandings that are still unsolved.
^^'

Thank you~
>Make thread with a suggestion and bad arguments
>Later on in the thread the real reason is uncovered
>People disagree with OP
>LETS ALL GET ALONG DON'T RESPOND TO THE THREAD IF YOU ARE GONNA RAGE OH GOD PLEASE CLOSE MY THREAD I CAN'T TAKE IT
Yeah, please don't.
Mastodonio

Shiirn wrote:

LOL,really? go to #videogames and you will see there ctb community,because other people just don't care about this channel.
You guys sit here and say that you have to EARN respect from other people in community to speak with them? Hell no! It's every man's decision,because this guys who speak Flemish maybe can't speak with each other in Belgium channel just because other guys there don't like them. So what should they do - start a war with them,or talk Flemish by pm's?
No offends,I've never been in Belgium room,but for example if there are people,whom joseph doesn't like or if they don't like joseph because of his dialect or what is there,then why should he sit and listen to it? Give the guys their own channel!
I support it.

To joseph : Don't listen to anyone,who is against it. Always try to reach the goal,even if it's hard. Don't lock this thread,because it HAS a point.
Waryas
huh i don't understand
flemish is 99% same as dutch with a few french word
why would you need a channel?
I use the #french channel and i consider myself part of the french community. Why can't you do the same with #dutch
show more