forum

Request for new Flemish channel [invalid]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +5
Topic Starter
joseph
good day to everyone!

As the title explains it already I do want to add some information. Flemish is the language we use in Belgium and i bet in some other countries too. I have sent Peppy a Request trough mail and I didn't get any respond after 4 days. (Message: http://puu.sh/pz8G )

Everyone in the Dutch community agrees about this channel and so do we, flemish people. I have no idea how many will me chatting to begin with, but the amount will surely be the same as #Dutch and it will increase for sure.

It would be nice for us Flemish people to gather somewhere without bothering and getting bothered by others.

I thank you for your time and please support this. If not, then don't rage about it. :)

Joseph
peppy
How big i the Flemish community? We generally don't make chat channels for smaller groups because it isn't so necessary.
AfroPriest
Well,i don't know much about flemish language,but if there's Dutch,there MAY be flemish aswell
We shaull see how this ends
Mizou-kun
Well as long as your .. channel is active and stuff I'm sure peppy would agree on your idea .. so yeah.. I'm with you I guess
Deif
+1
Suo
I think it's a good idea to open a new Flemish channel. The Dutch has one, why can't the Flemish.

I support this 100%, i don't like seeing others being disrespected by others.
Sakisan

peppy wrote:

How big i the Flemish community? We generally don't make chat channels for smaller groups because it isn't so necessary.
It is actually hard to know. I regularly go looking for flemish players in the 'online user' panel. And from all the ones I've talked to, most of them don't like the #dutch channel, because the dutch guys systematically give them a hard time.
JappyBabes
+1 depending on amount of people.
Pheon

Sakisan2 wrote:

peppy wrote:

It is actually hard to know. I regularly go looking for flemish players in the 'online user' panel. And from all the ones I've talked to, most of them don't like the #dutch channel, because the dutch guys systematically give them a hard time.
This is true, most #dutch-ers seem to tell Flemish people to sod off. It's kind of a negative environment in there, so I do support a Flemish channel for this sake.
Arian_old_1
i support this~ ;)
+1
Kitoshi
Support. :D
maal
I'd say it should be there; if you can misunderstand sentences between the languages, it's needed. So +1.

inb4 split #skandinavian
-maJu
supporting~
Topic Starter
joseph

peppy wrote:

I'm sorry if it's really hard for you to make one. I just know that everyone who enters the game starts talking in #dutch and gets kicked out. Makes them feel kind of lonely in the game which makes them hard to find. As for now, I do not know any TOP players in Osu! that are Flemish so they aren't really well known. But if you give me the chance I'm sure I'll gather the amount to make it worth for a new channel.

Thank you~
Leo
+1. It's fair for them to have own channel
Chema
I support this request. :)
Topic Starter
joseph
Soo... People are telling me that it all depends on the amount of poeple joining this channel. (So dues peppy)
Is there a possibility to create a temporally channel? That way we can see if it is really needed or not. It's really hard to tell the amount of players that will join. But once they know, I'm sure they will join!

Thank you for your time.
Remco32
Flemish is a variation on Dutch, and perfectly understandable for Dutch people and vice versa. This means there will be a channel created for a country, not a language - which is kind of pointless.
#dutch isn't that big of a channel, and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium is smaller than Holland, which is already a small country to begin with. If a separate channel will be created, #dutch will decrease a bit in size, and the new channel would be barely used due to the small userbase.

I also love the mindless drones yelling 'SUPPORT!!1!' on a suggestion they clearly haven't even given a quick thought.
GladiOol
it will just be #dutch2

I don't mind them having their own channel though.
Topic Starter
joseph

Remco32 wrote:

Flemish is a variation on Dutch, and perfectly understandable for Dutch people and vice versa. This means there will be a channel created for a country, not a language - which is kind of pointless.
#dutch isn't that big of a channel, and the Dutch-speaking part of Belgium is smaller than Holland, which is already a small country to begin with. If a separate channel will be created, #dutch will decrease a bit in size, and the new channel would be barely used due to the small userbase.

I also love the mindless drones yelling 'SUPPORT!!1!' on a suggestion they clearly haven't even given a quick thought.
" #dutch will decrease a bit in size"

Lol, yeah. Because there really are belgian people in #dutch that talk. They instantly get kicked out with talks. I am the only Flemish guy that talks there. Thank you very much. And you aren't really one of the people who would mind us *Cough* me leaving the channel and gather with the others.

Thank you
Pheon

Remco32 wrote:

Egh, that's true, it'd be because of a couple of nuisances in #dutch. Also, it'd be the biggest victory for them *cough*.

Also; let the flaming begin I suppose..? I hope not.
Remco32

joseph wrote:

Lol, yeah. Because there really are belgian people in #dutch that talk. They instantly get kicked out with talks. I am the only Flemish guy that talks there. Thank you very much. And you aren't really one of the people who would mind us *Cough* me leaving the channel and gather with the others.

Thank you
Nobody gets kicked from the channel. Yes, you aren't hugged to hell and back the second you say hi, and we will make a remark about people from Belgium. It's a cultural thing, the Dutch think of Belgium people that they are extremely dumb, and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people.

Your actual problem with #dutch is the real reason you want your own channel: annoying as fuck people are frowned upon and 'flamed' (I think flaming is exaggerated) in the channel:
Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
Annoying, hyperactive kids who start the spam the shit out of the channel get told to piss off,
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off.

Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD' the first time you reveal you are in fact one. After that, we go on with the regular chatting and you are free to join in.

Getting all mad because you screwed up and ruined your position in the channel, and then begging for your own channel, is a bit hypocrite.

This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare.
zozozofun
Belgium knows 2 languages, French and Dutch, why don't they just go to those channels? That's like asking if we can have a #british
Kyshiro
I guess every ''country/language'' deserves their own channel so yeah
+1 Support
GladiOol
well it'll be just like #british #american #australian #godknowswhatothercountries.

we all know those won't happen as well.
Topic Starter
joseph

Remco32 wrote:

joseph wrote:

Thank you
Nobody gets kicked from the channel. Yes, you aren't hugged to hell and back the second you say hi, and we will make a remark about people from Belgium. It's a cultural thing, the Dutch think of Belgium people that they are extremely dumb, and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people.

Your actual problem with #dutch is the real reason you want your own channel: annoying as fuck people are frowned upon and 'flamed' (I think flaming is exaggerated) in the channel:
Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
Annoying, hyperactive kids who start the spam the shit out of the channel get told to piss off,
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off.

Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD' the first time you reveal you are in fact one. After that, we go on with the regular chatting and you are free to join in.

Getting all mad because you screwed up and ruined your position in the channel, and then begging for your own channel, is a bit hypocrite.

This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare.

- Dutch people told me that I had to do this. As you can see OTHERS then them are supporthing this.
- Why do you care so much about this channel if you get annoyed so much?
- I never said this "and the Belgians think of the Dutch as greedy people." 1st time hearing about this was from a Dutch guy. Not belgian. We have other things to talk about. We aren't like you guys giving remarks about being dutch or flemish.
- "Random Germans who join the channel and who start to speak German get told to piss off;
and finally, people who highlight other users in the channel begging for hugs day after day after day, talking English for no apparent reason and who blatantly attentionwhore get told to piss off." I've never seen this happening and if i did I wouldn't care. These are more personal things you hate about the channel. I never said something like this. If i did, screen-shot please.
- "Yes, we will say 'lol ur from belgium xDXDXD" And much more. If only it was that... I don't care what you people say about us. But don't make it look like that's the reason why I want this.
- "This is the internet, people tend to be dicks, and #dutch isn't a daycare" That's like admitting it.

I just want this new channel to be created because I don't see anyone from belgium in #dutch. There is no place for us to gather because they don't feel at home. Don't think I do this for myself. I've been in #dutch for 2.5year and i still meet nice people there. I just met a few people from belgium and realized that there has to be made a new channel so that we can feel at home in this game and talk about what we want.

Thanks once again.

And like I said befor, support this and don't rage. If you can't do that then no need to join this post.
GladiOol
this is my new favorite forum

\:D/
RinKagamine
I think it's a good idea for them to an own place. They don't gather in Dutch for different reasons. Enough for them to have there own place.

meep. Q uQ
Joseph~ c:
dkun
I'm an active #dutch-er, and I'd just like to add; if you're annoying to begin with, or if you're an annoyance (which is obvious with the first few lines you say, or if you active #osu, you actively get shunned out of #dutch for the same purpose).

"Flemish" to begin with is *very* small, compared to the other communities here, at least. And it consists of two languages, being #french and #dutch.

I've been in #dutch for nearly two years. I'm starting to learn some common words and phrases, and most of the #dutch community knows my face. They don't shun me like you do, do they? And hey, I'm American. So you're obviously doing *something* wrong.

tl;dr no go for this support request
Renard_old

peppy wrote:

flemish community is half size of belgium aka quite big .... bigger then whole netherlands itself so i think there should be a room for those guys , i dont speak it myself but the community is too big to just have all in dutch channel
GladiOol
Everybody is allowed, as long as you talk dutch or english and aren't a fag. <3

Renard wrote:

peppy wrote:

flemish community is half size of belgium aka quite big .... bigger then whole netherlands itself

Nederland > population: 16.669.112 ~ surface: 41.526 km²
Belgoum > population: about 11 million ~ surface: 30.528 km²
Lally
+1 i support this request :3/
Topic Starter
joseph

dkun wrote:

I'm an active #dutch-er, and I'd just like to add; if you're annoying to begin with, or if you're an annoyance (which is obvious with the first few lines you say, or if you active #osu, you actively get shunned out of #dutch for the same purpose).

"Flemish" to begin with is *very* small, compared to the other communities here, at least. And it consists of two languages, being #french and #dutch.

I've been in #dutch for nearly two years. I'm starting to learn some common words and phrases, and most of the #dutch community knows my face. They don't shun me like you do, do they? And hey, I'm American. So you're obviously doing *something* wrong.

There is a big difference between me and you dkun. Please don't even think about comparing me with you.
They don't follow me around like they do with you. I'm "Just some belgian player" for them, while you are well known in the osu community.
I still don't see why you guys are going against it... We do no harm creating our own channel, do we?

Don't deny that there is a difference in status between you and me. That will explain it more then saying that I'm doing *Something* wrong.
Lodellica
I approve of this idea. o3o
dkun

joseph wrote:

dkun wrote:

There is a big difference between me and you dkun. Please don't even think about comparing me with you.
They don't follow me around like they do with you. I'm "Just some belgian player" for them, while you are well known in the osu community.
I still don't see why you guys are going against it... We do no harm creating our own channel, do we?

Don't deny that there is a difference in status between you and me. That will explain it more then saying that I'm doing *Something* wrong.
The difference between you and I? They actually respect me. I've earned my respect the hard way. I walked in #dutch and I wasn't given respect day one.

I used to be "just some American" to them, and now like you said, I'm a "well known person in the osu! community". I'm against this because there is no need when Flemish is composed of two languages that are already active here at osu!.

Also getting all your friends to support this isn't going to help the cause, either. They prove no relation to a community related request, as they're not Flemish, nor are they apart of #dutch in any form or fashion.
show more