forum

Newbie trying the tablet.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UltraWeebstinct
Hi!
I have been playing Osu! for 1 month and started off as a mouse player but want to switch from mouse to tablet. I have a tablet but it's area size is 13 x 9.5 CM, which isn't that much IMO. I am trying to learn how to play with the tablet. I don't have any problems reading the numbers but I can't really follow up because of the small area. I also tend to move my right hand a lot when there are lots of jumps. Sometimes I move my hand too much it puts my pen out of reach within the area size. Besides, it hurts sometimes when I do move my hand due to the fact that I play beatmaps where numbers "jump" (don't know what it's called). I'm really bad at expressing myself but the movements I do with my right hands are like the hand signs for the ninjutsus (naruto). I gradually changed my sensitivity but it didn't seem to work because I tend to move my hand outside of the area size.

As a former mouse player whom kept his sensitivity at 1x, should I play with 1x sensitivity with the tablet? Is it normal to move the right hand a lot like I do or do most players keep their pen at the center of the area size? Instead of my pen following the numbers, my whole hand follows along. I miss the area size because my whole hand follows the numbers, which leads to my hand being placed outside of the area size.

English is not my native language, my apologies. :c

Thank you.
Rynnavinx
13 x 9.5 CM imo, is actually a big area. Compared to other players' areas i've seen anyways.

I might be wrong, but what im reading is that your hand falls off the tablet sometimes, and also your hand hurts because you need to move it too much

I would download the drivers for the tablet (if you dont have them already) and firstly make sure you have the tablet set to absolute mode, and not relative. This means that if you lift up your pen and put it down somewhere else, the cursor should teleport to that place on the screen. Idk what tablet you have so idk if thats even an issue or where the setting would be in the drivers.
Next, try making your area smaller and maybe aim more with your fingers. That might help with the pain.

And yeah 1x always for tablets. And some people move their hand more than others. Some use their arm to aim, and some only use their wrist and fingers. That's preference
Xirai
I only use 1/4 of my tablet. Like idk 5cm x 4cm maybe.

You struggle (or miss) muscle memory.

Keep playing and you will revognize that qith time your hand will know where the pen needs to be to be close to the circle. For me it goes so far that sometimes it skips my eye brain thing and its just eye hand.

I hit circlea i havent really seen...

But that needs a lot of practice.

Have faith in your brain. You have to get used to it.

I recommend a bit smaller area if your hand hurts from moving.

Also a pad to have your wrist higher (like on some mousepads) can help to stabilize your hand.

Ah and keep in mind: bigger area more precise But a lot hand movement. Smaller area faster but not as precise.

Also try hovering or dragging....depending on what you do now.

I feel more comfortable with hovering because its faster for me.
dung eater
You might enjoy a bigger tablet more if you feel current one is too small to aim with arm. You'll get better with current area and it's not wasted progress even if you want to try bigger/smaller later. Do basic stretching so you notice strains early and can take a break or ot strain so much. I tend to feel it first in neck, shoulder and a muscle that lifts arm.
Topic Starter
UltraWeebstinct
Oops..

Looks like I haven't downloaded the drivers but I use a very old one.

The tablet I use is wacom ctf 420... but I cant find any drivers to install. Searched it up on google but I can only find drivers for the latest productions. :(
im flat
i full area and drag lol
show more