forum

Multi Mode: Country Only

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
charmfox
Open it for "Country Mode" only. only people in the same country can access your room.
abraker
Might as well add one for rank too
Topic Starter
charmfox
YES it will be good
Hickacou
SO DAMN RACIST OH MY GOD
Just kidding, it's a nice idea !
Mirt
I quite like the certain rank idea but at the same time I dislike the idea of separating the community. Especially when it's hard enough to find people in a certain rank range in a certain country. It then becomes a pretty miniscule community that may or may not even play or participate in multiplayer.
RockRoller

Mirt wrote:

I quite like the certain rank idea but at the same time I dislike the idea of separating the community. Especially when it's hard enough to find people in a certain rank range in a certain country. It then becomes a pretty miniscule community that may or may not even play or participate in multiplayer.

I wouldn't really say this will seperate the community. Its fine If people just want to play with certain other people, e.g. only from their country. And if they can't find any users within their set rank and country than it isn't really our problem to worry about that, since its the users fault thenif they limited themself.
Mikmiku
Yeah, it's not a bad idea, but...
See, my country is Turkey just because when I signed up I was physically in Turkey. But most of my life I was living in Japan and Ukraine. Yeah, now I live in Turkey, but while I'm semi-Ukrainian, I prefer to play with Russian speaking people too, and it will be kinda impossible if country-specific rooms become too much popular.
So I must agree with Mirt, this feature will separate community a lot. At least people as me at least from subcommunities of which we want to be part of. Huh...
Lyawi
I can understand both. I see a lot of Germans who like playing with Germans only, but I think it's because of not given English skills. At least that would seem to be a reason to me...
Otherwise I say we always did it without this feature (I know this is FR here) but I like the way right now. Get to know people from other countries, they're cool too :3

It would help if "only advertise in #lobby" isn't a thing anymore. #lobby is a mess and nobody likes being there if I tell them to go there to advertise their game. So if people would be allowed to advertise their game in language specific channels, that would come close to your idea. #lobby could still exist tho, in case people are interested
Doge Owner
While it's an ok idea, I don't think it is necessary. You could just title your room to be for a specific country/language, as for other players joining, the kick button is a thing.
vit_craft
this is nice idea , i will support this idea
Flanster
To all of you saying "this will seperate the community", people often seek players of the same nationality already (my years of experience looking at #lobby). While I can see playing with people from the same country is great, some are also fine going global. I don't believe anyone likes getting kicked just because they're not from x country.
show more