forum

Arm pain in tapping hand no matter what I do.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pippito
Hi there, I'm gonna keep this brief and simple. I have tried many methods for this before, keeping wrist straight, in the correct position and even taken a break for about 4 days. I've just got back to playing and of course, I got the exact same aching pain that I got that 4 days back.

It's really annoying to have this happen as I do often take breaks and stretch, I am honestly worried.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the pain? Should I see a doctor?
TruthIsNear
Playing osu! is like going to the gym/doing sports - it will hurt at first (unless you already have enough stamina from playing piano or something). Now to avoid that you have to play every day, long maps mostly, no pausing, no breaks. Eventually your tapping hand will get accustomed to the sheer intensity of circle clicking and the pain will go away.

Right now you only have 38 hours clocked and you have started playing "actively" since april. Now even if all those hours were spent playing in those ~5 months it's really nothing, might as well think that you haven't played at all. Because you need consistency. 4 day breaks will only make worse for you right now.

Don't strain yourself too much tho - 1-2 hours per day is perfectly fine.

1-3 day breaks once a month are fine too, but are mostly to clear your mind.
dung eater
You can and should take a break after you do straining stuff you can still feel the next day. If you don't recover between practicing strength/stamina stuff, you get less results.

Taking it slower at first is necessary to not risk getting injury. Eating and sleeping and healthy lifestyle help with this like they do with most things.
boblint
If you tense your arm during play, it will eventually hurt. It is like flexing your arm for a couple minutes straight.

Just don't hurt yourself from just a game.
xiiyeet
stretch and flex ur arm between ur games. find the least and playable hand position and then go for it. and consider burn is different from actual pain, burning should be okay but if it hurts like actaully hurts then u shouldnt hurt urself from a game.
show more