forum

Does Using a tablet + pen make it easier to play osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
_Jp_old
Does Using a tablet + pen make it easier to play osu?

been told this.. lmk?
Soly
Shellghost
I bought a tablet + pen, opened up a map, left the pen on the tablet while I got up and made some coffee and came back to seventeen SS HD+DT+FL.
-Athena-
Just don't expect an overnight Cookiezi
Seriously don't
boat
Not necessarily but most likely.

Depends on the person.
WiKi_old_1
Depends Some feel that Mouse is better but i use tablet because its easier for jumps :3
Rena-chan
Short answer: no.
Long answer: nope.
Kanye West
Your playstyle doesn't change how good you are. You either practice and get good or you blame your equipment and suck
Soly
Minty Gum
Do whatever feels most natural to you. It won't necessarily help anything. What's important is to keep practicing, and you'll suddenly pass all the songs you once failed.
Yoshi_old
Yes and No sometimes the mouse can still be a friend when playing Osu but it does makes it easier but it's also measured on how good " You " are on that Tablet
It doesn't matter if you use a ball mouse or whatever to play, it all comes down to skill.
It ain't gonna be like a stroll in the park if you continue with the tablet but with training you will see results.
thelewa
Anyone taking Soly seriously is just stupid
Yoshi_old

ragelewa wrote:

Meh i just thought his words would prove a point in a way that's all and your calling me stupid for it?
Teddiursa_old
That's not easier.
And not harder.

You have to practice either on the mouse or tablet, that's the same.
---Assault[K]---

kanye west wrote:

Your playstyle doesn't change how good you are. You either practice and get good or you blame your equipment and suck
it affects how good you are.. well in my case yes. before i had a proper mouse pad, i could only play normal. after i bought my mouse pad i could play hard or even insanes. (Razor Goliathus) it makes my mouse movement smoother and it makes it much easier for me.
---Assault[K]---
A tablet pen would be easier to control as to compare to a big bulky mouse =( (just saying)
- Rikkukun -
With mouse you have better precision.
With tablet you move faster.
thelewa

Yoshi5189 wrote:

ragelewa wrote:

Meh i just thought his words would prove a point in a way that's all and your calling me stupid for it?
Yes.

I am surrounded by stupid people.
Yoshi_old

ragelewa wrote:

Yes.

I am surrounded by stupid people.
Glad to see i'm not the only one! And i pretty much don't take anyone seriously.
GladiOol
lewa king player

also I want my userpage
Haseo_old
logic
TiraMizsu
well for me i think tablet is more easier than mouse
XSCX
It depends what suits you more.
ShangMing_old
ITT: people who have never tried streaming with a mouse.

(i.e. the answer is yes, anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.)
Maneuver
you use mouse draw better or you use pencil draw better ?
Zelmarked
I did better once I nailed down how to use my tablet and I had been a mouse user for quite some time with a top of the line G700. I don't know if "easier" is the best word but you make less wasteful movements and spend less energy. Which helps you concentrate more on the game.
jianzii
Although playing with a mouse was nice, some movements are just really awkward with a mouse. Most beatmaps are basically as simple as drawing a continuous line, something that's pretty hard with a mouse. I mean it's simple, can you draw a line very quickly with a mouse with really good accuracy? Maybe not. Can you do the same with a pencil? You may not be able to do that either, but it doesn't have as steep of a learning curve.
KuroHari_old
Tablet + pen don't make it easier.. but I have more fun playing with Tablet.
Accelerator-kun
Pretend to have the same skill with a tablet and a mouse. Play a song on hard/insane. Tablet will surely wins for jumps, but mouse will surely wins for streams. It depends on the map. But in most cases yes, it's easier with a tablet.
boat

Maneuver wrote:

you use mouse draw better or you use pencil draw better ?
this guy is so baked
GensokyoAkuma

Shellghost wrote:

I bought a tablet + pen, opened up a map, left the pen on the tablet while I got up and made some coffee and came back to seventeen SS HD+DT+FL.
This made me laugh so hard I nearly choked in my apple juice LOL
Soul Rhythm
I think it depends on the person ^^.
Well, for me it is easier to use my tablet :3.
show more