forum

Left handed player switching from mouse to tablet

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
samijnski
Hey, I'm a left handed osu player. Been playing for about a month now with mouse in right hand and keyboard with left hand. However, I am considering to switch to a tablet.
Now, what I was wondering is, when I switch to tablet, should I still hold the pen in my right hand and tap with left? Or should I switch to pen in left hand? I just feel like I wouldn't be able to tap well with my right hand :S

ANY advice is welcome!
Thanks in advance
RamenBucket
Do whatever feels comfortable. I'd suggest tapping with you left and aiming with your right, since that's what you're already doing.
alextabitha
Honestly if you go for the tablet it will require a lot of dedication. I was in the same situation might be different for you but getting used to the tablet with my left hand took long enough i can't imagine trying with the right.

Eventually, I switched back to mouse and focused on the reason why i wanted to get a tablet. First was for the smaller space so to remedy this i increased my mouse sensitivity, this helped me hit harder jumps and was easier to adjust too than the tablet.

Yours Sincerely,

CirclePusher
Luluca
you should switch to your left hand for your tablet because it's easier to learn how to tap with another hand than like "writing" with your right.
C15U
Playing with tablet is whole different experience than writing on piece of paper.
Have you seen someone writing like this?
Luluca
sorry i meant muscle coordination couldn't really say what i was trying to say
0rdain
It's up to you. I switched from mouse to tablet too, and I decided to hold my pen with my left hand and tap with my right. It was (and still is) rough to get my right hand to tap fast because of it (I comfortably stream like 185). But I know people that did the opposite. Just pick one and stick with it.
show more