forum

Achievement Graphics

posted
Total Posts
show more
Ballance
@RBRat3
i think our final destination is make osu! more alive and colorful :)

that's enough :D

im also appreciate your artworks! :)
RBRat3
(Delete Me) Merged posts
Winshley

RBRat3 wrote:

Cheesus this is was way too tight for my taste XD
Crap, this pic made my day. It's too funny and cute. xD
bomber34

RBRat3 wrote:

the idea is great but i don't know ._. the face looks weird.
The rest looks great
Ballance

im also doing my best ! :)
RBRat3

Ballance wrote:

http://puu.sh/YnY6
im also doing my best ! :)
XD I been doing them native rez, Looks great & Good luck!!!!

bomber34 wrote:

RBRat3 wrote:

the idea is great but i don't know ._. the face looks weird.
The rest looks great
Has a few pixel overhangs, will be adjusted eventually
Ballance

:)

done
OzzyOzrock
osu! is mai husbando?

what you people are doing is amazing
Derekku
I love this thread more and more each day. Great job to both of you!
Hamuko

Derekku wrote:

I love this thread more and more each day. Great job to both of you!
Flanster
My eyes love what they're seeing, Amazing job guys!
theowest

Ballance wrote:

its 1:30 now ,i find some problem :( with it but i submit it in advance :)
go to sleep Zzz
transparent background? heart outlines?
Ballance

theowest wrote:

Ballance wrote:

its 1:30 now ,i find some problem :( with it but i submit it in advance :)
go to sleep Zzz
transparent background? heart outlines?
getup! fixed! :)
Mercurial
Congratz RBRat3
May I try?

I know this one sucks and needs moar improvements ><
Mercurial
To be your first try, is awesome.
Doodley
Let's see what we can do with this.

Still not sure if it's obvious that she's doing the "rock on" hand positions, but maybe I'm overthinking it.
RBRat3

Mercurial wrote:

Congratz RBRat3
Huh I didnt even notice, Probably would have never noticed XD
Ballance

RBRat3 wrote:

Huh I didnt even notice, Probably would have never noticed XD
wow ,osu!painter :)
im not alone 8-)
welcome !
theowest
This thread is full of awesome.
Jinxy
Hm, maybe the older secret achievements could get some touch-ups too, like Non-stop Dancer. Not enough Pippi there I'd say
Winshley

JInxyjem wrote:

Hm, maybe the older secret achievements could get some touch-ups too, like Non-stop Dancer. Not enough Pippi there I'd say
I don't think the new "Stumbler" achievement has enough pippi as well. :P
theowest
Where's the glow in the text for the Consolation Prize achievement?

Bittersweet
Texts from old and new achievements arent identical anyway ~
XK2238
What does 'non-flattened' mean? Do we have to keep all the layers as they were from the template?
Flanster

XK2238 wrote:

What does 'non-flattened' mean? Do we have to keep all the layers as they were from the template?
but ofcourse
Doodley
Speaking of, the template didn't give me anything, just Taiko Pippi and the font used. I just made the achievement rectangle myself. I still have the non-flattened .PSD, however.
XK2238
Let's see here...

_ or _

Dunno if the outline seems right lol
RBRat3
Heres somewhat of a feature request but more of an idea to throw around. what about doubling the rez to 266x206 but keeping its physical size representation the same as it is now on the page and having the image scale to size on mouse hover?
Soaprman

Doodley wrote:

Still not sure if it's obvious that she's doing the "rock on" hand positions, but maybe I'm overthinking it.
Maybe have the fingers facing forward. This would also make it much more visible at the resolution it'd eventually be shrunk down to.
Doodley

Soaprman wrote:

Doodley wrote:

Maybe have the fingers facing forward. This would also make it much more visible at the resolution it'd eventually be shrunk down to.
Yeah, I was considering doing that, either forward or backward. I haven't sized down the achievement to the smaller res, I should probably do that and give it a thicker outline as a result.
XPJ38

Ballance wrote:

Love it! But gosh, what a huge forefinger :?
Doodley

XPJ38 wrote:

Ballance wrote:

Love it! But gosh, what a huge forefinger :?
There are a lot of problems with it, mostly the lack of a definite light source (the shading just sort of comes from nowhere) which bugs the hell out of me, and the lack of details on Pippi's outfit (missing the black hair, the star on her chest, the gloves, etc.). I really like the idea though, but I would love it more if she improved on it a lot as it is right now.

RBRat3 wrote:

Heres somewhat of a feature request but more of an idea to throw around. what about doubling the rez to 266x206 but keeping its physical size representation the same as it is now on the page and having the image scale to size on mouse hover?
That would be lovely, considering a lot of these achievements' art is killed at a lower res. If we did the image hover thing, it would actually be absolutely grand to just have it scale to a much bigger size than 266x206.

Anyway, here's the fixed version of my take at Obsessed.

And small:

I can't say I like it when it's small though, I think it lacks defined outlines. I'm not sure. I could never work at a res as small as the achievement graphics, so I just drew it at a size similar to Ballance's.
RBRat3

Doodley wrote:

I can't say I like it when it's small though, I think it lacks defined outlines. I'm not sure. I could never work at a res as small as the achievement graphics, so I just drew it at a size similar to Ballance's.
XD am I the only one that does? I hate collapsed pixels...
Doodley

RBRat3 wrote:

Doodley wrote:

XD am I the only one that does? I hate collapsed pixels...
http://i.imgur.com/i7xLo.png
I know a few artists who love working at smaller res, one of them even working traditionally, creating comics on a very small scale. For me, I can never manage to get in enough details at a small res.

EDIT: Also, it looks better as a result of creating it at the correct res of course.

EDIT2: Okay, I defined the fuzzy outlines of the smaller version a lot more:

Derekku

inverness wrote:

May I try?

I know this one sucks and needs moar improvements ><
Cute, but we're looking for original artwork. :p
Stefan

Doodley wrote:

Genius. Simply awesome.
Doodley
Thanks.

Also, I think my take on Obsessed could probably also work with Dedication.
Derekku

Doodley wrote:

Thanks.

Actually, there's another achievement (that hasn't been listed in this thread yet) that your "Obsessed" art would be PERFECT for! If multiple people are going to be making artwork, then we should try to avoid duplicates/overlapping each other. :p
RBRat3

Derekku wrote:

Doodley wrote:

Thanks.

Actually, there's another achievement (that hasn't been listed in this thread yet) that your "Obsessed" art would be PERFECT for! If multiple people are going to be making artwork, then we should try to avoid duplicates/overlapping each other. :p
I thought they were chosen by how aesthetically fitting it was not by first come first serve? If they are then why would dupes matter?
show more