forum

pp: new ranking system

posted
Total Posts
show more
Hernan
And do high scores with difficulty reduction mods worth more points than lower scores without them? As in the Big black.
Drafura

Hernan wrote:

And do high scores with difficulty reduction mods worth more points than lower scores without them? As in the Big black.
Easy mod is teh hardest mod ever dude *.*
OzzyOzrock
5758 my ass
Yarissa
Peppy updated the ??? ranking details. Approved maps do count
Mythras
gaining a lot of points for going back and SSing all the stuff I was really close to before.
-Athena-
Yup apparently the update had a very large effect
I jumped to 8.8k even though my ??? Decreased
YodaSnipe
Just for the record Blue Dragon is like mega awesome anddd ranked lower than me... wuddup wit dat?!
Topic Starter
kriers

YodaSnipe wrote:

Just for the record Blue Dragon is like mega awesome anddd ranked lower than me... wuddup wit dat?!
Blue Dragon can FC the sickest songs, but his accuracy isn't that good. It probably punishes his ??? scoring.

also

updated with rank in profile! \:D/
YodaSnipe
yeah I assumed.

wewt
-Athena-
Holy hell you guys are good...
lolcubes

Rather unexpected considering how much I play. :D
-Athena-
You know I just noticed how the country rankings never seem to change, perhaps this would change them XD
dNextGen
definitely need to spam DT on most Hard/Insane maps more

???: 5,246 (#447)

Hinsvar
???: 2,080 (#37,896)
I suck too much.

This is unforgivable.

Must repair accuracy and be crazy 8-)
maal

dNextGen wrote:

???: 4,640 (#1,978)

shut the fuck up dng
ShadowSoul

\:D/
R e d
just 1 question;

It's possible get some points even if i'm not in top 40/50, right'?
theowest

well at least it's better than my current rank.
[Luanny]
Catch The Beat:

WHAT?

I don't even play CtB o_o and my accuracy is shit
lol.
Remilia--_old
this honestly makes me regret playing TAG4 diff's
koki_old_1

!!!!!leet skill
-Athena-
Cookiezi is now #1, okay this ranking system is now perfect sorry Wolfy <3
Mismagius

kriers wrote:

YodaSnipe wrote:

Blue Dragon can FC the sickest songs, but his accuracy isn't that good. It probably punishes his ??? scoring.
FUCKING TAG4 MAPS STOP RUINING MY ACCURACY

[Luanny]

Remilia-- wrote:

this honestly makes me regret playing TAG4 diff's
And this makes me regret playing Chipscape and some insane stuff..
My accuracy cries

edit

YEAAAAH
peppy
Please re-read the clarifications. I think you'll find that TAG4 will have no effect.
Aqo
Isn't the system flawed if Cookiezi is #1? He hasn't played for three weeks already and said he's quitting.
[Luanny]
I think his ??? will decrease with time
Aqo
Well I'm kinda saying this because it's been three weeks already. If it was only a few days then obviously there would be no effect, but other top players still play regularly and it's quite a while now... more time it is then.
-Athena-
I was just joking there XD
But in all seriousness he deserves his #1 right now, he'll probably lose it soon though
[Luanny]

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I was just joking there XD
But in all seriousness he deserves his #1 right now, he'll probably lose it soon though
+1
He still have 984876987798699868761777 top ranks in IMPOSSIBLE stuff
As I can see, doesn't matter how much time he stopped playing, he still have many points to consider
The time will change it and put everyone on their correct place
Remilia--_old

peppy wrote:

Please re-read the clarifications. I think you'll find that TAG4 will have no effect.
yessssssssssssss now I don't have to waste my time on that & be idle again :>

No but in all seriousness, I'm glad those diff's aren't a problem
RaneFire
Degradation of skill over time is not a matter of weeks, you play too much. If 2-3 months go by then it's valid, degredation starts. People claim they have taken month long breaks and return even better, so there's no validity there.

EDIT: no reference to play count pls, it's invalid with spunout and offline play.
dNextGen

Emaal wrote:

dNextGen wrote:

???: 4,640 (#1,978)

shut the fuck up dng
lol ,why so nuub emaal

anyway this new ranking stuff is cool so no more chance for score-whorer to get into the top ranks \:D/
Tom69_old

ShadowSoul wrote:

\:D/
Why is your rank so high. D:
You and your millions of #1s. :/

To be honest, I think I should be higher IF this
favours skill, cannot be farmed (trust me).
is actually going to be enforced.
See the february chart. Note that about 500 of my plays were to get the last 2-3 million points though.

I'm probably just playing too many non-approved and non-ranked maps though. Them being a lot harder than the "official" stuff makes lots of them so much more appealing in my opinion. D:
xsrsbsns
ITT we flaunt

no really

peppy wrote:

Keep in mind even if you are a skilled player, you will still need to play the game to have a high rank.
-Athena-

xsrsbsns wrote:

ITT we flaunt

no really

peppy wrote:

Keep in mind even if you are a skilled player, you will still need to play the game to have a high rank.
Lol hahaha so true
No offense there Tom <3
Wishy

CXu wrote:

So how many times did said pro players play 140bpm maps with DT? I'm not saying that particular map he did in 1 or 2 plays, I'm talking about the progress of getting to that point of skillevel. It's probably a whole amount more than the amount of plays that went into an FL score.

I'm just saying that if a player can FC a 140bpm map with DT in a few tries, it's "essentially" the same as a player that can FC a map with FL in a few times, because they're both a skill aquired after a certain amount of grinding.

Well, that's how I see it anyway.
You develop your skills by playing mods that make the map harder. When you are pro you can go DT maps without having to play them 300 times to FC them. Now, Mesita theoretically by what he says has something like 10.000 FL plays or something like that, I still don't see him 3 min long FL scores in a few plays (5 tops), get the point?
Tom69_old

-A t H e N a- wrote:

peppy wrote:

Lol hahaha so true
No offense there Tom <3
Did you even check my profile? Getting several top6 Ranks in Insanes (or hardest diff of the map respectively) per day should be enough to be "playing the game", shouldn't it? Well..
I just didn't do this for a lot of months like most players higher up in the ranking.

No offense you two. <3 .........

Also it's a matter of fact that even though the system puts players in the proper skill cathegories it still doesn't sort by capability that well.
xsrsbsns
That's why, it's an automated system.

You still need to "farm" them, except now the plays have to be decent.
Drafura
Is accuarcy involved in CtB ? I have something like 100 D FC........ I'm worry about that you know peppy ? xD
show more