posted
Total Posts
show more
ReVeNg3r
xsrsbsns is right.
thelewa

ReVeNg3r wrote:

xsrsbsns is right.
I know and I even admitted it in one of my posts after checking it.

slowpoke.jpg
ReVeNg3r

ragelewa wrote:

ReVeNg3r wrote:

xsrsbsns is right.
I know and I even admitted it in one of my posts after checking it.

slowpoke.jpg
when you know ,why you argue?
NixXSkate

xsrsbsns wrote:

no what
i'm pretty sure its harder to hit a 7OD song with DT accurately than an 8OD song (maybe that's what he's saying no to?)

edit: oops i was kinda slow to write a reply
ReVeNg3r
we are discussing about that although we do dont know if "???" is that..
Bluethefox
Yay more new stuff, keep it up osu! :lol:
Luna
Not sure if it already does, but the algorithm for Taiko ??? should weight Taiko-only diffs much higher than osu! diffs imo
Mismagius
HR+HD is 1.1236x.
Waryas

I sure hope my DT is worth more points than those FL ;(
YodaSnipe
It's not cause FL is just as hard as DT.
thelewa

YodaSnipe wrote:

It's not cause FL is just as hard as DT.
YodaSnipe
lol
Low
my ??? rank is higher than someone who's level 2000 teehee.
YodaSnipe
level 2000?
[Luanny]
level 2000, what?
o-o

so, the best example EVER http://osu.ppy.sh/u/693532
Nothing against him but he plays ONLY easy/normal maps on taiko
and players like Backfire, Makar2000, DarkDunskin, Tomoka Rin (very good players who plays Insane and Oni diffs) and many others are behind him
also he is near to OnosakiHito

I think it is unfair :l

slowpoke
thelewa

Waryas wrote:

I sure hope my DT is worth more points than those FL ;(
This almost looks like a masked attempt of trying to promote your DT play on that map

almost
Waryas

[Luanny PhNyx] wrote:

level 2000, what?
o-o

so, the best example EVER http://osu.ppy.sh/u/693532
Nothing against him but he plays ONLY easy/normal maps on taiko
and players like Backfire, Makar2000, DarkDunskin, Tomoka Rin (very good players who plays Insane and Oni diffs) and many others are behind him
also he is near to OnosakiHito

I think it is unfair :l

slowpoke
that guy is pro its ok.
Kasie
i play mostly hard songs and i feel this ofensive.

like it.
Gaba

Kasie wrote:

i play mostly hard songs and i feel this ofensive.

like it.
How do you think someone would feel if he plays mostly Insane/Another/Extra and is clearly more skilled than you and still stays behind you in the rank? That's way more "offensive" and discouraging for that player.
DJ Angel
Hm. probably we are basing on speculations, and if its not based on skill but other avaliation system?

also, I can easily see peppy trollface when creating the ???
Kasie
my intention isn't "feel" like a insane player, i thought almost players wanna perform his skills, one of my forms to do that is playing and rank hopefully, hard songs. this game is awesome and everyone have the chance to play it at his way.
MMzz
Rank =/= Skill
eIohim

MMzz wrote:

Rank =/= Skill
Milkshake

eIohim wrote:

MMzz wrote:

Rank =/= Skill
exactly.
Drafura

CXu wrote:

No real time calculation ? Never going to happend ? this is sad :(
Meru

MMzz wrote:

Rank =/= Skill
gat1toneku

MMzz wrote:

Rank =/= Skill
no matter how the rank is counted
RaneFire
Dunno if this has been mentioned already (tl;dr), but lots of 'good' players don't spend much time on maps which give between 1-5mil points if it's the hardest difficulty the beatmap set has. Then some people grind these for top ranks and will get pushed up because these same players who didn't care about those difficulty scores, have top ranks on insanes with mods. You can't factor 'care' into a ranking system.
Skyblue_old_1
if/when implemented, old rankings will still be available, but become secondary.
Ranked Score: 46,604,503,611 (#4)

:sadface:
ReVeNg3r
haha,i did nothing and my ??? raised up from 4861 to 5038 hihi
Mukku

ReVeNg3r wrote:

haha,i did nothing and my ??? raised up from 4861 to 5038 hihi
It's still calculating and it changes around alot.

Or were you being sarcastic or something idk D:
celiceyy
The ranking of every beatmap reflects skill much better than the overall ranking system,no matter the ranking system what will be.
So I don't think we should talk too much about reasonable or unreasonable with new ranking system.

Suggestion:As ranking of every beatmap is more technical,score multiplier of mods is important.I think present score multiplier isn't resonable enough.For example hr+hd>dt,and fl=dt,hr=hd in every situation.If score multiplier of dt changes with bpm of song,or hr changes with ar, od and circle size,fl and hd change with combo,I think that's more reasonable as difficulty.
ReVeNg3r
we cant talk which mod is better or which would deserve higher multiplier,it really depends on map and on player.to overall ranking ,i dont care about it since it just shows you how often you play/how often you pass maps and you get score..
roym899
Is it possible to see his place, if you are not in the Top 10000??
Elfice
Go out, have some friends, log in once in a week, steal some cool #1, have people whining and convincing you to not quit, enjoy your high ???...works for me just fine

Now srsly, you are just trying to find your own profit in this new system. DTers always want their scores to be more valuable than FL and vice versa. Difficulty of those mods highly depends on point of view. And HD HR slowpokes, who can't DT, will always want their accuracies to be the winning factor.
Just pointing out that it's impossible to satisfy every group of people and that there still will be lot of haters...but let's face it, people who hate are just noobs who CAN'T do it, all they can do is to complain.
So please, stick with the topic and and help peppy to discover flaws in this system, such as farming E/N/H allowing you to get high ???, thus making it grindable. In my opinion, this is caused by inaccurate star rating system, where difficulty tops at 5.00...90% of insane difficulties are 5.00 by default and difference between 4.00 and 5.00 in terms of numbers isn't really that huge. Star rating shouldn't be topped at all, but it would require lot of finetuning to make it work as intended, because computer can't really judge difficulty of given map based on pure calculations...
And yeah, find this very offensive, it's intentional...show some skill and more importantly some brain and stop complaining that new features don't favor you
NeoRainier
Oh lol

+19882 is really something
Natteke
This thing increases if your "replays watched" count is high as well. 7k replays watched is about 3k of ??? points
YodaSnipe
How you know dis!
Natteke
I have my sources
YodaSnipe
I will stalk your sources.
show more