forum

pp: new ranking system

posted
Total Posts
show more
A8mew
I'm at 127.

If that is anything near remotely good then it still needs some work. Does seem more accurate than the current system though, looking at other players.
Mythras

Hinsvar wrote:

???: 49
I lol'd at that.

Anyway, I seriously want to know how does this work. I mean, I've just played for four months and...

...dang it, I don't know what should I say about this.

Quick edit: My friend got this:

???: 10
k

DAFUQ
higher is better, lol
Kotaro
mine is ???: 68 atm ._. pretty weird tho
Anzo
???: 413

^and when I played Katakiri Rekka - Deep Blue Sky & Pure White Wings (Insane), my ??? is 414..

Just read most of the posts here, and still I'm confused about this ???.
Sakura

A8mew wrote:

I'm at 127.

If that is anything near remotely good then it still needs some work. Does seem more accurate than the current system though, looking at other players.
top 1000 have like 910+ or so ???s so i'd say the system is working pretty decent
Hinsvar

Unkind wrote:

higher is better, lol
...And I thought that lower is better. Dang it, that brain lag.

So what's this actually? I'm confused right now. Any hints? Does this has something to do with our activity? Or things like that? Or maybe...

Orz.
benguin
That's the thing, nobody knows. o.o We're all just speculating and coming up with possible theories at the moment until they actually reveal what this whole ??? business is about.
mochi

reuben2011 wrote:

That's the thing, nobody knows. o.o We're all just speculating and coming up with possible theories at the moment until they actually reveal what this whole ??? business is about.
??? is actually the measure of how much you hate the idea of osz2
Colored
my theory was true
stop discussing.
vipto
In my opinion the system isn't wotkin very good.
Yes it can sort the good players fitting in the top 10 but things like this: http://osu.ppy.sh/u/219057 ....
I mean this guy was just farming #1's on easy and normal and has a higher ??? than KRZY or Neruell?
Even at my example: there are people with a higher ??? that cant even pass a insane against me beeing able to mostly
pass every insane!

I came to a conclusion: a ranking for skill in osu is not possible! Jeah it fits mainly but it'll never reach 50% according to the
actual skill ranking (i gues everybody has a an idea of how it looks...)
Milkshake

uljjang wrote:

my theory was true
stop discussing.
asians.
and yeah, it was the only thing that sounds true
James
i got 600+. am i good? :)
Hinsvar
I'll just suggest this to you guys: Every time your "???" thingy rises (wait what), tell us what have you done before that here. It might be helpful for us, y'know.

Maybe it's the amount of the beatmaps with the highest SD on a mapset we have cleared (to make it simple, clearing the hardest beatmap in a mapset, although this is not always the case here), but it might be not that too.

lol
haha5957
I know how ppy said he will never reveal the formula for this on #modhelp, but however this works, it seems like more reasonable ranking method.

but looking at ^'s example.. yeah, Normally, having tons of #1 on easy, normal doesnt mean you are good at osu.

but this is just problem of the "formula" that ppy said, and if he works more about this, I think we well be able to face more reasonable ranking method O.O..
vipto
mine has risen 4 when i got the #10 on Deep Space Easy diff
haha5957

ViP3R wrote:

mine has risen 4 when i got the #10 on Deep Space Easy diff

1 hour ago haha5957 achieved rank #21 on Tama - Sonna Yume wo Mita no ~lonely dreaming girl~ [Normal] (osu!)
1 hour ago haha5957 achieved rank #28 on DJ YOSHITAKA - Evans (Ghost Remix) [Another] (osu!)
1 hour ago haha5957 achieved rank #13 on DJ YOSHITAKA - Evans (Ghost Remix) [Scorpiour's Hyper] (osu!)

EDIT

+
9 seconds ago haha5957 achieved rank #31 on Rhapsody - Emerald Sword [Light] (osu!)
11 minutes ago haha5957 achieved rank #29 on Rex - Heart Of Witch [illuminist's Easy] (osu!)
15 minutes ago haha5957 achieved rank #64 on Rex - Heart Of Witch [illuminist's Easy] (osu!)
18 minutes ago haha5957 achieved rank #21 on Hosoe Shinji - SON OF SUN [Normal] (osu!)

but miine hasnt risen even by one after these.
Swatty
Yesterday i got #10 on this map http://osu.ppy.sh/b/28895 and my ??? didn't change, so it's maybe really something with "popular songs"

EDIT: ninja'd by haha5957
vipto
yea i have tried to farm some top40' or so but it has not risen, only after deep space
Hinsvar

Hinsvar wrote:

I'll just suggest this to you guys: Every time your "???" thingy rises (wait what), tell us what have you done before that here. It might be helpful for us, y'know.
Just repeatin'.

Also, uljjang's theory might be pretty close to the truth. We'll just need peppy to show us that.
vipto
i think it's time for an announcement......
nVidi4x
I just want to understand how it works :3.
i still don't get it!
Time to rank up :)
Musty

i lol'd
Kanye West

Mustaash wrote:

i lol'd
I'm real happy for you and imma let you finish but peppy's not trolling.
Cygnus

Mustaash wrote:

i lol'd
maal
All these guys... Rank 2000<
Have higher ??? than me. Wow, I'm such a noob ass ;_;
Regou
Mmmm I got ???:121 yesterday and ???:446 today D:
Seems to be a fun new system :3
Pokie
Recalculating again D:
haha5957
recalc recalc recalc xD
It's gonna be long time to reach #17000 haha5957n T.T
[Dellirium]

mochi wrote:

^ this
Milkshake

[Dellirium] wrote:

mochi wrote:

^ this
lol'd

???: 3,119
dafuq just happend
Musty
???: 4,856 for now wtf
theowest
I'm guessing it's getting more and more accurate when it's higher like that.
Kert

theowest wrote:

I agree
Anzo

Kert wrote:

theowest wrote:

I agree
^less users with same ???

anyways... ???: 4,119... wat the...
Cygnus
Why is there a link of this thread on that page? :O
Anzo

Philippines wrote:

Why is there a link of this thread on that page? :O
that one? Maybe to get others updated about this...
Hinsvar
>???: 2,065

And then it increased like crazy.

I can't think of what is this. The amount of beatmaps we have played might be a bit logical, although I don't really think that's the case.
Regou

Hinsvar wrote:

And then it increased like crazy.
grumd
It'd be good if this new ranking system was based also on %'s of fail/retry on every diff.
For example, the higher top place on the diff you have, the higher your score is.
But if you play Easy (~50% success rate), you'll get less points than if you play Insane with ~20% success rate.
This %'s could be easily included into calculations, I suppose.
friendok

kanye west wrote:

Mustaash wrote:

i lol'd
I'm real happy for you and imma let you finish but peppy's not trolling.
lolol
show more