forum

pp: new ranking system

posted
Total Posts
show more
RaneFire

Kyou-kun wrote:

RaneFire wrote:

Kyou-kun isn't making himself look good, is this normal?
Sorry. I'll be over here full comboing 300 BPM streams while you complain about it.
You seem to think that your skill and knowledge of osu! defines your worth as a human being and that you deserve respect for being good at a game. This is a public forum, I raised a point, and you effectively said "no, fuck you."

At least add something constructive instead of insulting people, give reasons. If you don't care though, then you honestly shouldn't be posting. Share your wonderful knowledge of osu! and don't be a dick. You complain about Kaoru, but he's right behind you on your top ranks, and you're so "far" ahead only because of your stream speed.

So you can combo 300 BPM streams, but can you do 1 - 3 - 1 - 3 - 3 - 2 - 2 - 4 note stacks at the same BPM? You're indirectly proving my point about tap/x when you seem to think streams are the only thing that matter.

And regarding that subject of DT:

YES DT is harder, I agree, it's safe to say that on some maps it's harder than the 1.12x multiplier it gives, especially concerning jumps. But when you are pro at map reading and every other aspect, the one thing that holds many players back is finger speed and stamina, it gets better very slowly. How can you measure absolute skill based on someone's physical fitness, when their brain is well equipped to play with Hard Rock, Hidden and Flashlight and read difficult patterns.

Anyway, I'm only attempting to justify the reason for the "less pp for DT," I'm not saying anything should be done about DT at all, if what Mesita says is pretty accurate, then it works fine, and there's nothing to worry about.
thelewa
Don't try to reason with Kyou-kun. He's a HD+DT player and he will go to any lengths to defend his own playstyle.
ReVeNg3r
Kyou-kun ,try SS this ttp://osu.ppy.sh/b/99254?m=0
then talk...and this is just the easier case
Tom69_old

lolcubes wrote:

Tom94 wrote:

Let's assume there is a player getting SS with HD on a common OD, say 7 or 8.
The same player is playing this map with DT+HD now and achieves 96% accuracy.

But is this really a lower accuracy? If we take OD into account it might not be.
If we measure accuracy not relatively to OD, BUT in the absolute offset of each hit, actually 96% DT+HD can and often IS better than SS HD. In terms of absolute time, the player actually was more accurate.
Not to mention that one has to keep an even faster pace with the rythm.
Same goes with HR+HD.

Of course this isn't specificly the case for OD 9 or 10, but I rarely, rarely see OD 9 used on a map... and I never saw OD 10 on a map.

Another indicator for this is that commonly on maps which actually have HD+DT 96% scores in the toplist, there often are pretty much SS HD scores.

Not saying anyone is wrong or right, just pointing something out.
You yourself have a SS on OD10 though. ;) (hard rock on OD8 = OD10)

So in terms of absolute accuracy it is worth even more as HD SS, right?

Timeline
----------------------------------------------------->

[------------ Hit Window OD 8 ------------]
| <- hit
[---- Hit Window OD 10 ---]

So, while having more "accurate" hits you still have a lower percentage with higher ODs. That's what is the controverse thing that comes to MY mind when I hear someone compare the %-Accuracy of DT HD with HD only. (Or HD HR)

That's by the way the reason FlashLight appears so imbalanced to certain players. While it has the same score multiplier as DT it doesn't increase OD. So while having the same absolute accuracy in terms of hitting things you still have a higher percentage than with DT, thus a higher score.
YodaSnipe
^that's a nice timeline :D

I don't mean that in a rude way.

FL doesn't increase OD, it makes the range of vision harder. Idc about either, just making the point.
Gon
While FL doesn't increase OD, it certainly takes -much- more effort and time to achieve a decent score, especially on higher song lengths. I think it's a fair trade off imo.
ReVeNg3r
[-Hit Window OD11-]

dont start DT contra FL endless discussion..stay with topic
lolcubes

Tom94 wrote:

So in terms of absolute accuracy it is worth even more as HD SS, right?
Even more than HD SS, yeah, atleast I think so.
Ohrami

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Literally one play.
Mara
Posting in a locked thread. Good job with making this thread go horribly off-topic.

I don't personally find anything wrong with ranking, got much higher rank than before.

Also, I am mouse only player.
bwross

bomber34 wrote:

I just wonder if the system also detects your play style, because mouse only is considered to be the hardest way to play.
Keyboard only is much harder. As is using a trackball, or playing mouse only with your feet (or even just your off hand). :)
YodaSnipe
SPOILER

Kyou-kun wrote:

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Literally one play.

ReVeNg3r
I have nothing to say.
yoda;)
honestly ,how much retries it took?
Ohrami
It took zero retries. I played it once and SSed it. It's 130 BPM. That's a joke.
Salvage
Kyou-Kun so pro, why isn't she 1# yet omgggg SS big big yeah.

Now seriously, don't start the FL thing again, i barelly play FL and the score it gives is ok, specially cause EVERYONE who flames the mod can't play it at all,.

I would find it correct too, to make Hidden SS worth more than DT 96% or something like that, the same situation with DT HD is another thing and it also depends heavily on the map, and then you have DT 93% and less, that already worth less than HD SS but should worth even more less cause those scores are lammmmmmme.
ReVeNg3r
i will rather shut the fucking up :x
-Athena-
Well I think the reason why HD SS is worth more than DT HD 96% (assuming its that way)is only because of accuracy, yes the latter may be more impressive but if you have to sacrifice accuracy to do it then it's gonna be worth lesser, meaning don't do it unless you can maintain the same high accuracy that a rhythm game is suppose to be about
ReVeNg3r
then why was other mods added? then remove all ,let only Hidden and people can go fuck themselves
Tanzklaue

-A t H e N a- wrote:

Well I think the reason why HD SS is worth more than DT HD 96% (assuming its that way)is only because of accuracy, yes the latter may be more impressive but if you have to sacrifice accuracy to do it then it's gonna be worth lesser, meaning don't do it unless you can maintain the same high accuracy that a rhythm game is suppose to be about
problem is: this system claims to be an accurate skillranking. and DT HD 96% takes more skill than HD SS.
peppy
This thread has expired its useful lifespan (there are already other threads arguing the relative difficulty of mods, and it is completely irrelevant in this case), so I am going to lock it for now. Keep an eye out for an official announcement in the near future, and follow the wiki page for up-to-date public details on the calculation method.
show more