forum

songselect text black/white no matter what

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kujar3
I am sure I am missing something obvious here like in the settings or somewhere, trying to change the color of the active/inactive text in my skin, yet it stays black and white no matter what I do.
This is what I have in the ini file

this is how it looks like in game

This is my first skin attempt, been at it for only 2-3 hours and I am more or less clueless.
dtnc21
Looks OK to me. Did you save the skin.ini and refresh your skin?
RockRoller
What text exactly do you mean? The only text affected is on menu-button-background.
Topic Starter
Kujar3
So I am talking about this specificaly https://youtu.be/j-B-kup12TE?t=6m33s on a phone so I hope I manualy added the timestamp correctly in the link.
It should change the text color, doesn't for me. I have definitely reloaded the skin many times and restarted the game to be sure, tripple checked I am editing the correct file too.

Can't get on my PC now, would record a quick video otherwise.

Edit: Excuse the terrible compression, just moved, have to use mobile data before they set up my connection here, should be good enough for demonstration tho - https://youtu.be/HoEa_5KxV_0
RockRoller
Oh, you watched TFDs skin.ini video. That one has a big fat mistake in it. It says something wrong for the Version: command. Set Version to 2.5 and try it again.

Also, I would recommend you to skin in HD and not SD.
h3oCharles
oh, and remove all commands that you didn't specify a value for
Topic Starter
Kujar3
Allright I got it working, yet I still don't understand what the problem was fully. Must have been a wrong ini file tho because -

1, I did as told, changed version to 2.5 and tried "latest" as well, nothing happened
2, removed all commands without a value, no change
3, opened another ini from a different skin and copy pasted everything from there into my ini, thought for sure this is going to fi--- NO, still black&white

Finally I deleted the ini and dragged one from a different skin in there as a final measure and that... fixed it, I still have the original file, it is named "skin.ini" is a "configuration settings" file type, yet it was not working.

Thanks everyone for troubleshooting with me! <3
dtnc21

Kujar3 wrote:

…I still have the original file, it is named "skin.ini" is a "configuration settings" file type, yet it was not working. …

Yeah, I see the problem. That file type is supposed to be an INI File type, not whatever that was.
h3oCharles
skin.ini.txt

go look up how to show extensions of files
show more