forum

Kpop Mapping Contest V - 2018

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cerulean Veyron

Best viewed in new site.

Registration Form

Note: Registered members will have full access to the contest's news, sources, and updates through the contest's official server. Any user that would like to observe the contest without participation can message me anytime for the invite link, they may still be able to register as contestant/judge if reconsidered.

Introductory & Information

Kpop Mapping Contest V is an unofficial standard-only mapping contest and one of my experimental projects that will uphold the biggest prizes yet. The format type for this year's contest is reliant to an individual mapper mapping a full spread of one K-pop song track out of the selected three tracks given. Because of the current mapping community and the reduction of ranked Kpop maps on chart nowadays, a mapping contest can be a great way to unify Kpop mappers as well as others that are interested. The main goal of this contest, despite being specifically Kpop, is to approach many mappers into enhancing their tendency to map a full difficulty spread themselves and improve their overall quality towards structuring levels from an Easy to Insane/Extra difficulties. Of course, this contest is open freely for everyone.

Registering as:
  1. Contestant: Will be permanent until the contest is fully concluded, you cannot re-apply as judge once you've confirmed your spot as a contestant. You will be mapping a rankable difficulty spread of three to four difficulties, and are also able to use any custom hitsounds desired as an entry. You will be submitting it as .osz file after you've finished your entry. After the three song tracks release, you have exactly 28 days maximum in order to complete your entry. Late submissions will automatically be disqualified for the judging phase.
  2. Judge: Will place you as Judge Applicant after confirming your registration. You will be taking a test evaluating your general feedback and mapping/modding experience differing from an entry to entry in accordance to the contest's Judging Criteria. Four qualified judge applicants will be chosen to the judging panel and be given anonymous sets after the mapping phase of the contest. Judges as well have maximum 28 days to complete their process, but can possibly be changeable depending on the amount of entries. Late scoring or unfinished process will be disqualified and not be included for result calculation.
  3. Community Member: Will be given no position in the contest participation unless the user reconsiders to be a Contestant or Judge before the registration deadline. This can also be treated as "Spectator". (Cannot be registered via form)

Prizes:
  1. The top entry for each song track: One year of osu!supporter for the mapper or a friend. The top mapset entries will also be brought to the ranking process, if able.
  2. The most estimable judge: Eight months of osu!supporter for the judge or a friend.
  3. Pre-registered members: Two months of osu!supporter for the member or a friend. Prize will only be obtainable if the member participates in the contest.

Note: Keep in mind that the profile badges are not available on the first launch of the contest. If this year's contest is executed successfully, there will be a possibility for badges next year.

Contest Schedule

September 14, 2018 - Contestant/Judge Registrations are open for a full week.
September 21, 2018 - Registrations as Contestant/Judge will be closed, judge test preparations.
September 24, 2018 - Judge test concluded and chosen applicants, contest mapping phase preparations.
September 25, 2018 - Contest mapping phase begins.
October 23, 2018 - Mapping phase ends, judging phase panel preparations.
October 24, 2018 - Judging phase begins.
November 21, 2018 November 19, 2018 - Judging phase ends, calculations of result process.

Note: Deadlines and contest dates can be changeable at anytime under any circumstances to ensure fair operations during the contest.

Link Sources

1. Rules
  2. Judging Criteria
  3. Information Center

Note: Other source of information, changes, and updates regarding the contest will be announced through the contest's official server.

Organized by the one and only,
osu!'s K-pop Boyband representative,
Cerulean Veyron

If you have any concerns, questions, or suggestions regarding the contest, feel free to contact me anytime on forum PM, discord DM, or in-game. I will do the best of my abilities to answer them and meet your expectations!
Pachiru
:dab:
Hari
Nicee, hopefully this goes well
Lilyanna
fighting!!
Teky
pogg
Pulse
cool
Dialect
easy
ImmaPartyCookie
ez
Dialect
i don't even listen to k pop but this will be fun to map
Irreversible
song 1) super junior (with kyuhyun as the one who has the most lines)
song 2) kyuhyun
song 3) kyuhyun in colloboration with someone like kyuhyun
Penguiness
im gonna try although I'll probably not end up winning which is fine. : P
Topic Starter
Cerulean Veyron
R-E-S-U-L-T-S

After a long run during the contest to conclusion with only six entries submitted and judging them for fair weeks, the results are finally in! Here are the winners of this year's contest!

First track: SEVENTEEN - Adore U / 세븐틴 - 아낀다
  • Winning mapper: Venellys
    - Being the only entry mapped the first track as an easy win and as a pre-registered member, accumulated total of 42 points of score. Ven exchanges both prizes (winning + participation) for a gold ticket to MOMOLAND live concert, next year in January 4th! Someone please end me.

Second track: BLACKPINK - PLAYING WITH FIRE / BLΛƆKPIИK - 불장난
  • Winning mapper: Lilyanna
    - Also the only entry has mapped the second track, a total 45 score points. Instead of rewarding the supporter prize, lily takes away 26$ out of my wallet!! I hope she'll buy something nice with it...

Third track: f(x) - Pinocchio (Danger) / 에프엑스 - 피노키오 (Danger)
  • Winning mapper: Seto Kousuke
    - Out of all four entries, Seto's entry makes a whooping 52.75 points of score! He shared two months of supporter to a friend and takes home the other ten months of supporter prize. This is the cutest gift I've ever given!

Followed by another pre-registered member(s), [ L u k a s ] has received their two months supporter prize for participation as well.

---------------------------------------------------------

Judge scoring and comments

1. Judging: Orca
  2. Judging: Swordfish
  3. Voting for the Estimable Judge is up, feel free to vote on poll.

---------------------------------------------------------

Contest's Entries

The contest may have little amount of entries, but it was finally executed successfully. I really do hope next year's contest will be better with much publicity, more willing participants and hopefully interesting song choices! From the bottom of my heart, I thank to all who participated in this year's contest!!! If you have any questions about the contest, feel free to contact me ;)

Until next time! o/
Lilyanna
Thank you for such a nice experienced, it was very fun we had so much fun in the server and you did so well organizing this contest. I hope there will be more, good job everyone and judges and CV <3
Seolv
too bad momoland doesn't have a concert here in serbia, enjoy the concert Ven
good job to all the participants and I hope that next one will be even bigger <3
oh and also good job to cv for the well organized event and the judges for being so nice with my shitty entry
-Enigma-
Hi, I can't find the map for the first track available to download on the Venellys' user page, and when I extract the .rar it doesn't work either :( Any ideas?