Total Posts
show more
Mara
I-I'm doing h-hard work here!!
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Agnes wrote:

No offense, but.

You never asked. I have horrid memory and sometimes people will even have to poke at my brain a bit to even SEE if I remember to mod or recheck the map. i'm sorry for that though, those, i'm a silly jolt. This display of public complaints has happened more than once. And let me tell you, I get pretty gosh darn tired of it.

And the queue is pretty hard to manage. I try to get at least one other person with me to help me manage it, but I end up alone in the end *gives Shiirn an intense, endless stare*.

But if the OP is done here, Shiirn, you can lock the thread, since it'll lack purpose.
*cough*wasn'tgoneyet*cough*

I have asked you D: you said you only took requests from #modreqs and your queue.
Fabi
On a side note, this is updated memberlist.php?g=7&mode=group&start=0 ?
Shiirn
every time i look at that fabi, i sigh at the lack of color.

;~;
Fabi
Seems a lot of them are inactive ;__;
Stefan

Kyshiro wrote:

Regou wrote:

There are not just 1 MAT here.
You failed to get a mod then go find another one D:
Which is why I contacted a bunch of MAT's which all told me the same thing.
That's why I'm sorry for marshall_racer's Map, which been promised by alot of MATs for Modding and never did.
ReVeNg3r

Regou wrote:

There are not just 1 MAT here.
You failed to get a mod then go find another one D:
then why is he/she MAT?...if doesnt help,
Faust
Hahahahahaha ^
-Athena-
MAT's don't have it easy is what I can say
The MAT's I know almost never really play this game anymore because of they're duties and also making maps of they're own
Cyclohexane
Of course.
Of course a MAT should be able to mod every single requests he gets, through ingame PM, #modreqs, forum PM, or even sometimes in public channels!
Of course he shouldn't be a MAT if he's unable to do it, and to do it well!
I mean, that's totally how it works, right?

On a more serious note, if you want your maps modded, get them to be known somehow. Be creative. Show why your map should be ranked. Get your friends to play it, look at it, test it, possibly mod it. Take into account suggestions and apply the relevant ones. Make your map awesome. And when you're done, the mods should come by themselves.
ReVeNg3r

-A t H e N a- wrote:

The MAT's I know almost never really play this game anymore because of they're duties and also making maps of they're own
okey,then why is he/she MAT if cannot helps?
Krisom
Hello,

MATs are voluntary doing their best to get to everyone's map, however, they are spending their free time in something, why should they be forced to mod? They do what they can. osu! is a free to play game, if osu! needed a monthly subscription to be played, then I guess everyone could complain "why is the MAT team taking so long to check my map?" because then we'd have to pay to MATs to do a job, however, right now, they are doing the community a favor.
Miya

I really don't agree with this. I think a good MAT should take any form of map and music, not depend on his/her criteria. Well, if a MAT act that way, everything will be turn up like these.

Krisom wrote:

Hello,

MATs are voluntary doing their best to get to everyone's map, however, they are spending their free time in something, why should they be forced to mod? They do what they can. osu! is a free to play game, if osu! needed a monthly subscription to be played, then I guess everyone could complain "why is the MAT team taking so long to check my map?" because then we'd have to pay to MATs to do a job, however, right now, they are doing the community a favor.
True that krisom say, well, i don't blame MAT if a MAT have any criteria of music and map. But once the map is good for bubble, i don't think it's must to be on his/her criteria.

Well, just be patient. If you want everything is fast, osu must be a paid game itself. Don't expect an awesome thing in a free game itself.
NoHitter

ReVeNg3r wrote:

Not helping you at that point in time does not mean that the MAT isn't helpful.
Please remember that MATs are busy and have real lives too.(I was a MAT before so I know.)
He/she may have had something more important to do at the time.

Edit:

Miya wrote:

I really don't agree with this. I think a good MAT should take any form of map and music, not depend on his/her criteria. Well, if a MAT act that way, everything will be turn up like these.
Well MATs are people too, and people will have their respective tastes.
Mismagius

ReVeNg3r wrote:

-A t H e N a- wrote:

I am not modding currently because of personal issues. Does that mean I should be kicked off the MAT, just because I'm not being able to do my job for a consistent amount of time?

Put yourself on our shoes, do you think you'd like to accept EVERY request when you can't even mod more than one map per week?
Stefan

Blue Dragon wrote:

ReVeNg3r wrote:

I am not modding currently because of personal issues. Does that mean I should be kicked off the MAT, just because I'm not being able to do my job for a consistent amount of time?

Put yourself on our shoes, do you think you'd like to accept EVERY request when you can't even mod more than one map per week?
^ but really.
ziin

Miya wrote:

do you star every map? If I don't star a map, I don't care if it's ranked or not.

Kyshiro wrote:

I'd love to be one for a week just to prove it's possible not to be lazy

You're not even a mapper so what do you know?
29 kudos per year...

You're not really in a position to talk. Certainly you understand that there is no difference between a MAT and a good modder other than the fact that they can bubble.
those

Blue Dragon wrote:

We trust you're able to determine and prioritize. In return, if you insist on staying on the Team, somehow let the community know that you will try to make this "consistent amount of time" not "indefinite".
Miya
nope, i'm just star a map that really need to star. Well, a good map deserve a star i guess, even it's not my type of music. If you look into the sentece, it mean the MAT has look into the map, right? if i were him, of course i will give it a bubble even i don't like the music.
ziin

those wrote:

We trust you're able to determine and prioritize. In return, if you insist on staying on the Team, somehow let the community know that you will try to make this "consistent amount of time" not "indefinite".
I would rather have 50 inactive MATs with 12 active MATs than 12 active MATs and 0 inactive MATs.

Miya wrote:

nope, i'm just star a map that really need to star. Well, a good map deserve a star i guess, even it's not my type of music. If you look into the sentece, it mean the MAT has look into the map, right? if i were him, of course i will give it a bubble even i don't like the music.
I'm not going to star a bad map that has a song I don't like. I might star a good map with a song I don't like. If a MAT won't bubble songs she doesn't like, then whatever. She's not the only fish in the MAT sea. There's a MAT out there for you.
DerekMcD
MATs goes around their pending beatmaps randomly for a check and it doesn't mean it can get a bubble quickly, it really needs more improvement for it to be bubbled. But it can be popped is something is unrankable.

Do you think they should get kicked out from being a MAT because they're inactive for checking/bubbling/modding? Maybe because of their personal issues/mood. osu! is a free game and it's a part for the anime/otaku fandom.

Anyway, it should be hope, remember.

Don't take it seriously, I'm just saying.

do you star every map? If I don't star a map, I don't care if it's ranked or not.
Actually, I save up stars and it's for the songs I really love and has one of my favorite singers and for my beatmaps.
Wishy
Thing with new mappers is that many of them are completely unknown players that barely played the game and just want to make a map, then they go and make some horrible map with tons of mistakes per second and it might even be considered disrespectful asking a MAT/BAT for a mod for that kind of disastrous map. That's why I'm pretty much not asking for mods to any MAT/BAT on my first map (yet) since I feel it'd be better to get it decent before asking them a mod, since I wouldn't like to go waste their time having to tell me to change 95% of what I did.

It's sad but that's how it is, even if your map is good, if you're a new mapper they will probably just ignore you because fact might be many new mappers make maps that seem to be a joke. Asking for test-plays is what you should be doing, since well, you won't get a super full mod for every hit, but yeah getting people to play your map might help you to notice stuff that doesn't fit/sounds good, and the player you asked himself might feel some stuff would be better some other way.
ReVeNg3r

Blue Dragon wrote:

Ok,that is you.nut if i ask MAT for mod and answer is.no. (without reason)
then??....he/she should tell me at least why..Not?
Zelmarked
Despite the warning that a lot of maps are submitted and the process is slow, many mappers still jump into the grinder. It's your choice to map. And a MAT's to spend their time modding.

If I were to map, not anytime soon for sure, I would be willing to pay a MAT to mod. Why not? That's something I could suggest to you, OP. You don't even need to directly pay them. You could pay for their osu! supporter status. Your map gets refined, the MAT gets incentive, the game gets funded. Win-win and a bonus win.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

ziin wrote:

Kyshiro wrote:

You're not even a mapper so what do you know?
29 kudos per year...

You're not really in a position to talk. Certainly you understand that there is no difference between a MAT and a good modder other than the fact that they can bubble.
Loool First off, I've been active for 5/6 months now,Which is about when i started mapping too, I wasn't even serious back then, didn't mod stuff. About your reply, it was a response to someone above me, I didn't mean that I wanted to become a MAT(yet?). Would you read the whole thing before posting your stupid thoughts? Thanks :3
ReVeNg3r

Kyshiro wrote:

^THIS
eldnl

Krisom wrote:

Hello,

Nope, they must mod maps, and if they don't have enough time, they should quit the team and be changed by someone who has it until he has time.
The point is, if you're volunteer in something, you must do the job ... is not when you want.
Sync

ziin wrote:

those wrote:

I would rather have 50 inactive MATs with 12 active MATs than 12 active MATs and 0 inactive MATs

Why?

Inactive MATs make the team look poorly managed and lazy; they set bad examples for newMATs; and it makes it tough for mappers to weed out the MATs who actually mod.
Cyclohexane
Oh, but you don't become a MAT for a week.

Come back when you're determined to be a MAT for months, years. Then we'll talk business.
I'm 100% sure you guys have absolutely no idea of the stress upon the MATs. If anyone should complain about the situation, I surely don't think it would be the players. After all, if a regular player refuses to mod your map, you just shrug and move on.
Why shouldn't it be the same for the MATs ? as we said, they aren't paid for their services, they do this out of their own voluntarism, so don't impose anything on them. They might refuse without any justification to mod your map, and that's perfectly in their own right.

Also, simplistic vision of the MATs much? Do you have even a single idea of what MATs do besides modding? Try discussing the new rules, dealing with foul bubbles, dealing with mappers that refuse to fix their map after their mod, dealing with the community as a whole, but also dealing with their own lives...
Try and join the MAT. I dare you, ReVeNg3r. I dare you, Kyshiro. I'd give you one week before you resign.
It's high time people realize that MATs and BATs are people before anything else.
Shiro
I like how the people who complain the most aren't modders themselves.

Oh, sorry, I'm clearly a bad BAT, I spent time posting instead of modding a map. This is unacceptable, I should be kicked out of the BAT.

Oh and just for your information, dear whiners, the ones who whine the most are the ones whose maps get modded the least. Why ? Because their constant whining proves their attitude isn't good at all and no MAT or BAT wants to have to deal with them.

End of thread.