forum

What can a mapper do to get a MAT/BAT to look at their maps

posted
Total Posts
show more
Shiirn
My personal failings as a modder include being unable to give out good mods to extremely new mappers since I have problems explaining every little detail to making a decent map (Since it's pretty much instinct to me).

Your complaints are legitimate. It's fine to complain, but try to fix it yourself rather than shoving the problem out in public.
boat
Being a BAT or a MAT isn't a job, moreoff, somebody entitled the rights to approve maps and whatnot as simply a privilege.

Those with these titles "should be fair", but don't necessarily have to be.

Life isn't fair. When you'll grow out and go look for a job, then it wont be fair. When your older brother gets to stay out late whilst you're not allowed to, of course it wont be fair. In order to obtain something, you have to get off your ass and work for it harder then what your opposition does, otherwise you wont get shit.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Shiirn wrote:

My personal failings as a modder include being unable to give out good mods to extremely new mappers since I have problems explaining every little detail to making a decent map (Since it's pretty much instinct to me).

Your complaints are legitimate. It's fine to complain, but try to fix it yourself rather than shoving the problem out in public.
''extremely new mappers'' Really? Funny, 'cause everyone that played my map actually really liked it, as far as I know of.

Trying to fix it in here, someone might actually read what I say now.
Stefan
Ask a MAT or BAT. They cannot do more since it is not a Job what these People have to do.
Mara

Kyshiro wrote:

'cause everyone that played my map actually really liked it, as far as I know of.
It doesn't mean you are an old mapper.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

LunaticMara wrote:

Kyshiro wrote:

'cause everyone that played my map actually really liked it, as far as I know of.
Doesn't mean I''m extremely new either.
Actually, if they like my map, it might mean that I'm new, but the map is ''good'' which is what it's about right?
Shiirn
You were when you asked me. But it's semantics at this point. A fun map isn't going to get ranked with an attitude like your own. You feel that your map "deserves to" get ranked, and that's wrong. You "want it" to get ranked, and you work for that.
friendok

LunaticMara wrote:

Kyshiro wrote:

old mapper or not his map was good lol anyway i'm surprised it's taking him a long ass time to just get 1 mat to look at that map lol it isn't as crappy as some ranked maps recently

and shiirn wtf y u abusing your rank as a bat it was enough you have been abusing your rank as a mat still not satisfied :<?
Regou
There are not just 1 MAT here.
You failed to get a mod then go find another one D:
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Shiirn wrote:

You were when you asked me. But it's semantics at this point. A fun map isn't going to get ranked with an attitude like your own. You feel that your map "deserves to" get ranked, and that's wrong. You "want it" to get ranked, and you work for that.
You got me all wrong then :/ I'm just a bit pissed at how the MAT's answer or just not at all, and I do ''want it'' ranked, and I've been working for that for sure.

Regou wrote:

Which is why I contacted a bunch of MAT's which all told me the same thing.
those
I'm not sure what I've done to get certain people of certain status to look at my map. I'm a newbie mapper, but I've been able to be patient and wait for replies from people. I'm sure these people don't consider it nagging so much. If it annoys you so much that you get ignored, go annoy the people that annoy you.

On that note, can you guys mod my map? http://osu.ppy.sh/s/47690
Kirino Kousaka
Yes, I know what you mean. I understand what it feels, what you currently feel. You may even check the intro of my user page and read what's written on it.

But what Shiirn said is true. You should be friendly to be kinda well-known in the community or have not actually "MAT Friends" but true friends. Being patient is also needed, yes there are times like there's almost a month and no one mods your map. But just go and ask and ask, and make requests, just be sure you don't bug others or leading them to get insulted. I know that you know there are pending maps celebrating their birthdays for being in pending for soooo long. I hope you also get what I mean.
friendok

Kirino Kousaka wrote:

Yes, I know what you mean. I understand what it feels, what you currently feel. You may even check the intro of my user page and read what's written on it.

But what Shiirn said is true. You should be friendly to be kinda well-known in the community or have not actually "MAT Friends" but true friends. Being patient is also needed, yes there are times like there's almost a month and no one mods your map. But just go and ask and ask, and make requests, just be sure you don't bug others or leading them to get insulted. I know that you know there are pending maps celebrating their birthdays for being in pending for soooo long. I hope you also get what I mean.
that may be true but shiirn is still a bully it's a fact lol
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

those wrote:

I'm not sure what I've done to get certain people of certain status to look at my map. I'm a newbie mapper, but I've been able to be patient and wait for replies from people. I'm sure these people don't consider it nagging so much. If it annoys you so much that you get ignored, go annoy the people that annoy you.

I'm not going to annoy anyone on purpose, I've been, and still am patient(Starting to fade now as you probably noticed)

Also I'm not trying to push it by asking every mat every day to check it.
Shohei Ohtani

Kyshiro wrote:

Shiirn wrote:

''extremely new mappers'' Really? Funny, 'cause everyone that played my map actually really liked it, as far as I know of.

Trying to fix it in here, someone might actually read what I say now.
Not to be an asshole, but just because people find a map fun doesn't mean it's good.

There's plenty of maps that are ranked that people love, but aren't really that good. Vice Versa too. I know from experience :<. It also depends on who "everyone" is. Depending on who you talk to, I could be a highly skilled 2011 mapper, or one of the worst current active mappers.

But just piggy-backing on Shiirn's statement, Attitude is a huge thing when getting a map ranked. A lot of the reason that people DON'T mod maps is because of the mapper's atititude. I've modded plenty of bubbles in my time, and I've been faced with a lot of ignored mod posts because the map is bubbled and their map is going to be ranked and omggg. If your attitude is good, then people will want to mod your map, because you show yourself off as someone who actually cares about making the map better and will actually take suggestions from the mod.

I had another post that had stuff too, but I guess I pressed another button and it died </3
those

Kyshiro wrote:

How do you think I got my map rechecked by Agnes?
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

those wrote:

Kyshiro wrote:

She didn't even bother to check mine, I'm supposed to be a ninja to get in her queue which barely opens up.
Shiirn

those wrote:

I dislike you as a person, but your attitude is good and I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of your map, nag me when you get a bubble.

On a more general note, MATs themselves have been somewhat encouraged to slow down the bubbling, since the BATs aren't as active (personal failings, wohoo!), so some of them might feel like they don't know what to say. This is maybe a way of NOT switching from "how do i get bubble?" to "my bubble is 3 months old wtf where bats bat dictators never do siht"

Kyshiro wrote:

those wrote:

She didn't even bother to check mine, I'm supposed to be a ninja to get in her queue which barely opens up.
Yes. x3
Garven
Heres a quick tip: ask for a play test. im happy to just do a quick play through and give general advice. theres a big difference of time from a test play mod and a full on mod for me and that is an important factor.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

CDFA wrote:

Not to be an asshole, but just because people find a map fun doesn't mean it's good.

There's plenty of maps that are ranked that people love, but aren't really that good. Vice Versa too. I know from experience :<. It also depends on who "everyone" is. Depending on who you talk to, I could be a highly skilled 2011 mapper, or one of the worst current active mappers.

But just piggy-backing on Shiirn's statement, Attitude is a huge thing when getting a map ranked. A lot of the reason that people DON'T mod maps is because of the mapper's atititude. I've modded plenty of bubbles in my time, and I've been faced with a lot of ignored mod posts because the map is bubbled and their map is going to be ranked and omggg. If your attitude is good, then people will want to mod your map, because you show yourself off as someone who actually cares about making the map better and will actually take suggestions from the mod.

I had another post that had stuff too, but I guess I pressed another button and it died </3
Sigh.. The way I asked them to check it was the most decent way i could think of. Can't say it's not true.

And would everyone just stop talking about attitude? I mean, in this thread my attitude seems to be a bit bad yeah, that's 'cause I'm getting a bit tired of this :/

Also, I have lots of mods, which I just asked politely, not like most people who are just like ''mod [link here] ty''
Kirino Kousaka

friendok wrote:

that may be true but shiirn is still a bully it's a fact lol
Lol he may be at times, but he's kind.
Well, everyone is. They just forget to be one.
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Garven wrote:

Heres a quick tip: ask for a play test. im happy to just do a quick play through and give general advice. theres a big difference of time from a test play mod and a full on mod for me and that is an important factor.
I haven't seen you online yet :< So I didn't have a chance to ask. (Except for forum pm's ofcourse)
Shiirn
: ( @ kirino
Mara
I'm actually wondering, by the way; how often do you guys check #modreqs?
those

Shiirn wrote:

I dislike you as a person, but your attitude is good and I am pleasantly surprised at the quality of your map, nag me when you get a bubble.
Some sort of criticism there, and thanks for the praise and offer P:
Wanna give me some hints as to how I can make you not dislike me? It's not like I've done anything to you, I don't think.
Shiirn

LunaticMara wrote:

I'm actually wondering, by the way; how often do you guys check #modreqs?
I have it open all the time, but very rarely is the time I actually drag a map from there (seeing as bubbles don't exactly dominate it and that's what I want to focus on)
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Nvm lol answered~
Mara
So I still should try and post my requests six times per day.

You can do it, Mara! You can do it!
friendok

LunaticMara wrote:

So I still should try and post my requests six times per day.

You can do it, Mara! You can do it!
i'm with you ! let's make it 12 times mara x2 twice the fun get it?
Topic Starter
Kyshiro
Okay well, I'm done here I guess

I'll just continue asking for testplays/mods/bubbles and stuff :/

Thanks for all the replies.

/me goes back into the game
Agnes

Kyshiro wrote:

those wrote:

No offense, but.

You never asked. I have horrid memory and sometimes people will even have to poke at my brain a bit to even SEE if I remember to mod or recheck the map. i'm sorry for that though, those, i'm a silly jolt. This display of public complaints has happened more than once. And let me tell you, I get pretty gosh darn tired of it.

And the queue is pretty hard to manage. I try to get at least one other person with me to help me manage it, but I end up alone in the end *gives Shiirn an intense, endless stare*.

But if the OP is done here, Shiirn, you can lock the thread, since it'll lack purpose.
Shiro

Kyshiro wrote:

@Odaril: What do you mean o-o
I was pointing out the fact that despite being BAT myself, I am having as hard a time to get my maps modded as any other mapper out there.

As Shiirn said, be active in the community. Get known. And prove that your have a good attitude. I've refused so many mods because I knew the mapper had a terrible attitude. Even for mappers whose maps I like or for friends - if their attitude when dealing with mods is bad, they don't get any.

I might sound old or whatever, but you should worry about making your map as perfect as you can instead of only worrying about ranking.

@Mara: every single time there is a new message in it when I'm awake.
Mara
I-I'm doing h-hard work here!!
Topic Starter
Kyshiro

Agnes wrote:

No offense, but.

You never asked. I have horrid memory and sometimes people will even have to poke at my brain a bit to even SEE if I remember to mod or recheck the map. i'm sorry for that though, those, i'm a silly jolt. This display of public complaints has happened more than once. And let me tell you, I get pretty gosh darn tired of it.

And the queue is pretty hard to manage. I try to get at least one other person with me to help me manage it, but I end up alone in the end *gives Shiirn an intense, endless stare*.

But if the OP is done here, Shiirn, you can lock the thread, since it'll lack purpose.
*cough*wasn'tgoneyet*cough*

I have asked you D: you said you only took requests from #modreqs and your queue.
Fabi
On a side note, this is updated memberlist.php?g=7&mode=group&start=0 ?
Shiirn
every time i look at that fabi, i sigh at the lack of color.

;~;
Fabi
Seems a lot of them are inactive ;__;
Stefan

Kyshiro wrote:

Regou wrote:

Which is why I contacted a bunch of MAT's which all told me the same thing.
That's why I'm sorry for marshall_racer's Map, which been promised by alot of MATs for Modding and never did.
ReVeNg3r

Regou wrote:

then why is he/she MAT?...if doesnt help,
Faust
Hahahahahaha ^
show more