forum

is a mech. keyboard helpful?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[LS]PositoniX
i have been trying to save up some money, since i cannot get a job. mechanical keyboards avarage at $100 (112,639 south korean wons or 86.29 euros) so it seems a bit pricey to me. currently, i'm using my laptop keyboard, and i hate this keyboard. it ghosts, double presses then i only press it once, and in long sessions it sometimes presses by itself for no apparent reason. i'm obviously going to get some keyboard, but does anyone know if a mechanical keyboard worth it, or if a membrane is better? thanks all

ok, obviously a mechanical is a better then a membrane, but you know what i'm saying.
powaful3000
I mean any keyboard is better than what you currently have. A mech keyboard>membrane for stamina BUT playing on membrane increases your stamina faster than playing on mech. I can play pretty much the same star rating on membrane as mech. Don't think you will magically become a god from a keyboard upgrade or that membrane is holding you back.
-Osamu

PositoniX wrote:

i have been trying to save up some money, since i cannot get a job. mechanical keyboards avarage at $100 (112,639 south korean wons or 86.29 euros) so it seems a bit pricey to me. currently, i'm using my laptop keyboard, and i hate this keyboard. it ghosts, double presses then i only press it once, and in long sessions it sometimes presses by itself for no apparent reason. i'm obviously going to get some keyboard, but does anyone know if a mechanical keyboard worth it, or if a membrane is better? thanks all

ok, obviously a mechanical is a better then a membrane, but you know what i'm saying.

Get a mechanical keyboard. First of all it feels nicer, second of all you don't have to bottom out the key, and you have a actuation point which eventually when you get to very high level will help you do DTs like bass kick where the notes are extremely close together but you cant spam and have to actually try and play the map. If you need to vibro you need a mechanical keyboard too. Make sure you don't get some cheap knockoff, get something with real switches. I would recommend brown switches, or just anything tactile.
TruthIsNear

Red MewFew wrote:

If you need to vibro you need a mechanical keyboard too.

Tell that to Attang.
show more