forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
MediocreTactics
My friend once told me about this game, I played it for a bit then proceeded to play sparingly for about a year then a friend from discord invited me to a multi game and it'd really just gone on from there, they've stopped playing now but I'm on my to RSI baby!
Meah
Anime OST
RidiculousBox
I saw a gameplay video from my Ukrainian friend in April 2017, however, I registered here late because I didn't have a computer. I am enjoying this computer music game.
The Blakery
I discovered osu! through a friend of mine, asked him to give me his osu! files (because I had bad internet troubles for a few months, hence why I've only really been able to play online recently), been pretty addicted to it ever since!
KingOw
Friend recommended me osu oof
-LegeNd-
I found osu while playing minecraft lol, i discovered gayzmcgee was playing it so, i give it a shot and here i am
SepelaThons
Ever since I was a kid, I've always played and enjoyed rhythm games. And one day, youtube recommended me "and some said he never played osu again". After watching the video in awe, I decided I want to click circles for a living. But now I click arrows instead... ヽ(*・ω・)ノ
chenny
Friends.
Carmlillball
I used to play Rebeats, and, to make a map on there, you must make it on Osu and transfer it to Robeats. l decided 'so, l have this game, so why not experiment with it?'. l enjoyed so I stayed.
MuffinZGaming
I learned about osu! from a Miraie video in my recommended on YT

+1 postcount
SoonVirus
French League of Legends streamer who was playing osu between games
-[Verniy]-
I saw someone played osu when i was at internet cafe (2014). Its looks interesting so i download it on my own laptop, and then i played it until now xD
venetium
i thought osu was one in the same with obs. i was...youngish. then i found out what it was, picked it up, didn't play it for absolutely ages up until now. i've finally decided to start.
Bruck8
I was playing Wolf Team (a used-to-be-good game (now P2W)) and someone was playing really good so I asked him how he got so good and he told me, Osu! lmao
[ - Hinami - ]
I watched a video on Youtube by one of my favorite youtubers of that moment.
enenbon
A lot of my friends back in ~2015 were playing it, but I never really gave it a proper look until a few years later when one day a friend was over at my house and noticed osu!'s shortcut on my desktop and was like "Oh wow, you play osu! too?", to which I replied that I had it installed but I never actually played it. He showed me what the game was about and I've pretty much been playing it everyday since then. Funny to think that I could have never played osu! if my friend hadn't noticed the shortcut.
kakkoui
back in 2016 (maybe???) i found an osu gameplay video of rex duodecim angelus since i was a major homestuck fan at the time and thought the game looked interesting. didn't really play the game until last year and got hooky wookied. :^)
AQR8
I remember randomly watching an osu! video on youtube, then I decided to download it but I didn't actually play it until a couple of months later. But yea, I really enjoy playing osu!
Seat Ibiza TDI
My friend showed me a video of WWW playing scarlet rose HDHR, i was so impressed so later that day when i got back from school first thing I did was play osu with my friend. First map i downloaded was scarlet rose :D Failed so hard then haha
Niktushi
By the legendary video of WWW named "The impossible osu! beatmap"
Saracen
Beasttrollmc the big black
Kayleigh
I wanted to play another game, then I was recommended osu. :)
Diablo65
it was through gd from the big black
Lunaui
from gd and cookiezi
Alot
Don't remember exactly, it been a long time.

Either through StumbleUpon or Youtube
Mekki
my friend had it installed on his pc
BrexD
I saw some videos on YouTube with some plays that looked really impressive so I got the game and I realized those plays are shit
Yoimiya
I used to be good at hatsune miku in psp..so i show off at my friend..and you know what he said..OSU IS HARDER..im like..m8 WTF IS OSU??..and he say..go to redtube..i mean youtube..and that how my addiction started..this is when im 11y/o...and i actually start addicted and play more seriously at age of 15.
ragequit52
My friend introduced me to this game (i regret that), then somehow i got hooked onto this game.
VP757
Was looking up Geometry Dash versus other games when I was about 14~15 years old and one of the search suggestions said "GD vs osu" I was curious as to what this game was so I checked it out, although not expecting much because I'd never heard of such a game. When I saw the gameplay of it I thought to myself something along the lines of "Woah, this is actually really cool, and confusing as all hell. I wanna try it" I then looked it up and was very happily surprised to find that the game was free to play. Got it. Instantly found out that I was trash at it. Here I am, 2 years on, still trash, yet enjoying the hell out of it.
N1ght
I've discovered osu by a weeb Youtuber name Miraie and he was playing it and it looked fun so he inspired me to play osu!
Shiomi-
I was searching Vocaloid songs on YouTube when the autoplay sent me to a video of "some norwegian player" (Isak Vik) and I got intrigued of how the circles and sliders followed the music, so I downloaded the game and the map… then the habit of playing maps dragged me into the circle hell.
Cyrotron
Most people came from other rhythm games but I came from RoBeats and then I moved to osu!mania pretty much
Sinsinchi
I was on youtube when I ran into cookiezi videos and I was like, "Whooooah, I wanna do that too!!!" So I hopped on my computer and downloaded around christmas. I didn't really start playing until around January 17 where my osu career would change forever :v
Nigrod

Cyrotron wrote:

Most people came from other rhythm games but I came from RoBeats and then I moved to osu!mania pretty much

What a legend.
FinnNyaw
Dendi and Illidan , two of which are Dota 2 pro players played it several times on their streams back in 2014-2013 and I was hooked watching them, but then I was so bad I ended up playing like 10 times overall and never opened it out of shame until 2016
Festivity
Thonkkk
I think I found osu like most people did too, that csgo trihard friend that found a cool aim training game.
Jannes
Mine is that I saw a friend playing osu! on his phone and I asked him what this is. He said that it is a pc game and he can't play it because he hasn't got a pc. So I asked him for the name and I downloaded it. So... yeah. Nice game :D
OranJinn
I was on discord with my friends and they were playing a game named osu! I played with them on 10 April 2018 and I was a noob xD I played only because I could listen Eminem and playing something in the same time.
show more