forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
lous
The date was 2 March 2015. The time was 2 a.m in the morning.

I was wide awake, as if the devils were forcing me to keep on browsing through the deep site of youtube. This went on for multiple hours. Then I came across one video. THAT one video. That one video changed my life for the upcoming 3 years of my life, and I could not return back when I chose to watch it.

The names Cookiezi. It was the 99.97% Freedom Dive FC. When I watched it, I was perplexed beyond belief. "Is this some form of Cookie Clicker?" My foolish 12 year old brain wondered. Then I saw the deathstreams. I was shocked. I could not process what just happened in the 5 minute video I was watching. It was flabbergasting. This continued for 5 minutes, until the player span the last spinner, and then I was left with a heart attack. I decided it was enough of the internet that day, and I went to bed.

The next day, my youtube recommendations was filled with said player's plays. It was as if youtube wanted me to play the game, so I turned myself in, and typed in the word osu and installed the game. I chose the song Flaklypa for my first song, and ever since that first song, I never turned back.

and 3 years later here I am rotting myself away typing this horrible fanfiction
AetherLordBeat
I used to be a Geometry Dash player, then I saw a Cyrillic video where he plays osu!, I got curious about this circle clicker and now I'm here forever...

helpmeplease
Elvis
BeasttrollMC's big black video was in my recommended and i watched it. Ended up downloading the game and.....yeah
Tad Fibonacci
I first found it when I found Osu Stream on apple store and started playing it but the amount of songs is just pathetic.
Later I found out it also had a free PC version so I downloaded it and tried it out.
danreactor
I discovered osu! by a friend of mine who is really into the game. He insisted I install it and so I did. At first, I didn´t played too much, mainly beacuse I had problems with my computer registering the clicks I make, but after that was solved, I started catch up to the game. Now I´m still trying to get better, always with moderation, of course.
MentorDraeniano
I remember watching a friend playing and i liked it, so i decided to play it too
Kishuya
I don't exactly remember what I was searching for, but I stumbled across 2 videos; I think the first was "some say he never played osu again" by BeastTrollMC, at first look I had sort of figured out the mechanics of the game like how you use the tablet to aim and keyboard to click (didn't know what any of the shit in game was though) at the time I thought the tablet was built in next to the keyboard and sold by the game (I was really wrong), I then stumbled across rrtyui's SS of big black and I was like "Hey, I might not be able to get on the top of that but I should be able to beat most people considering my aim" So I downloaded the game and to this day I haven't even passed the f***** map, holy shit younger me you were so wrong.
dumbfounddead
Found it back in 2013 from a Scarra twitch stream.
techsnow
Friend told me about it, I was quite hesitant because it seemed like another boring music game with just anime girls plastered over it, but after trying it out, I got pretty addicted, and found it really isn't what I thought it was (aside from the last part lol).
Henryque
Well in 2014 i was looking for a 'Guitar hero' that have anime musics, and in some randon video of youtube i see the osu!mania that looks like the think that i was looking for, so i download the game and play some maps in the very-very-easy-mode, because it was so much hard than guitar hero.

Before plays some maps in osu-mania, sometime i try to play the normal osu mode and a like a lot, and play a lot of maps, but my pc die and i could play anything more kkkkkk.

Later i won a old notebook from my parents, but the pc was so week that i can play any game with him, he could play even a video of youtube in 360p without crash.

So before suffer a little with this nootebook i found a job, and before save some money i could buy a good pc and a cool tablet too. So i download the osu and i finally could have fun playing the game again, and i play until today. END!
x2Zero7
I love this forum so much, I'm kinda mega happy to make this my first post!

Back in 2015, a good friend of mine had been playing in another friends dorm. I didn't pick it up till last year. I've so much fun with it, and have seriously never played a game as often in my life as this. I've really only been playing a little more than year now. Should have picked it up sooner really.
SpasticSurgeon
Technically my first ever exposure to the game was in my highschool genetics class. I remember seeing one of Cookiezi's plays (remote control maybe?) and being like "huh that's crazy but idk what this game is". Then I found the mobile version of the game a year later and played that for a while.

Then a year after that I actually started playing the game to try and improve my mouse accuracy for League. Have played it on/off since February of this year now.
simplyshiro
[deleted]
needlexd
Youtube and friends
Juuuuuuuuul
Back in the time when i was playing guitar hero a lot, was watching GH videos on YouTube and some recommended were about osu!. as mainly a console player, i was not interrested.

Years later, seeing a friend on discord with the status "playing osu!", had some talk about it with my friend, downloaded, tried default maps, had some fun and gave up.

Months later, that friend said on discord "hey why not making an account and play together in multi, you can download maps with songs that you like too!", i did it, and now i'm playing osu! daily.
RielMajo
My friend recommended osu! because GH3 lags very much on my laptop lol. I played it daily since then, even without internet.

And now I've invited 6 other friends to play with osu! me (and still counting..).
Calamari
i search for free game wherein you click circles
ossha
i watched this one anime on a random streaming site dont remember what anime or what site anymore
but in the comments i saw "omg i know this opening song from osu!" so i looked it up, now i am here
TomDotBat
My friend played it one time and I called it a weeb game. 2 months later I downloaded it for a laugh and clearly I forgot to stop playing.
-Shikki
Youtube recommandation, one year ago. I played offline and i didn't like it at first ... but now this game can have my soul xD
Trialith
I remember scrolling through YouTube's recommendations, stumbling across a video on osu!mania (I think it was Staiain's Galaxy Collapse video). It was one of those "why not" moments, so I clicked on it, only to find myself so confused as to what was happening on the screen and how could a human being react that fast and accurately. I may have seen the game before, but this was my first exposure that I know of and remember.

Right after I watched the video, I looked up the game and downloaded it, because I was somehow so determined to get good at it. And, after a few hiccups and several attempts to play standard, to this very day, I'm still playing, and likely won't stop anytime soon.
Legendary
While playing Minecraft with my friends. One of my friends was a weeb and told me that playing Osu would help me with my aim. I believed him and didn't like the weeb maps at first. I outgrew them and now I play this game every day and I have fun on it and met many cool people :)
ferdian244
i play osu 3 years ago, i found this game on some random youtube. and i really enjoy play this game
FaizKTG
I found a video in my youtube recommendations of someone playing osu!mania, I used to like these "mania" rhythm games back then (robeats, love live, stepmania...) so I decided to check out osu!mania. four months later I started playing osu!standard and got fond of it.
xNooted

Arbusion wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!

I found Osu from a friend called Tom. I used to play Stepmania and one day he told me Stepmania was the btec version of Osu, I felt insulted so downloaded Osu in August - here I am now
Chromeilion
Mahouxa
i first discovered osu!droid back in 2012 i believe on a site called "apktops" but didn't know what it really was(also i wasn't aware that it was a fan game XD)

months later i downloaded osu! on PC and here we are after 7 freaking years xD
emoedgy
watched beasttrollmc(?) play osu with a baguette
P h y s i c s
I saw a video on youtube of someone playing Endless Tewi-Ma Park and thought, "Oh that looks fun, i want to do that." I was upset at first that Osu wasn't ANYTHING like Tewi-Ma Park, but i stuck around and loved the real game better :) then i slowly got involved into taiko, and here i am now :)
FeralHeart
I found Osu througha Dubtrack Nightcore channel a few years back ,back when Dubtrack was popular when Plug DJ closed that one time and before Discord was popular iirc, everyone kept talking about it so I decided to check it out.
CrimsonBucket
Some of my friends were talking about osu! in a discord server, I asked them what it was and they said it was a game so I was intrigued by this and decided to download it, and instantly fell in love with the game playing it all the time.
-Abby-
a friend show me this game, now he is banned by multiaccount... rip
x-artemis
Got recommended a video of someone playing osu, which was impressive and that led me to more videos on youtube until I thought to myself "that sounds fun, let me try it!"
Penguin

oji wrote:

i think i remember seeing a professional league of legends player (dyrus) play it on stream years back
I also found it from Dyrus. Specifically this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LOaxtJf9F4
Pood25
_____
ReconWolf
i discovered osu from a video that some friend of mine on discord posted a while ago
Sosteneshion
I was trying to improve my reflexes on league of legends, so I looked up on google for a game that would increase it.
beenSliced
Back in the days of Skype, my friend and I were talking and they were screen sharing a game which I later found out to be called osu!. They invited me to play some multi with them and I've been playing off and on ever since.
CYDER
cough ummmmm

ROBEATS

CandyBunnyGirl
I was watching videos for a different rhythm game for the ps4, when I saw several marked osu! and after watching them, wanted to try it out. I downloaded the game the same day lol
show more