forum

How did everyone discover osu?

posted
Total Posts
show more
[karah]
Mine isn't very fun sounding.. but I was in a discord server, having a good time, when I saw one of the mods playing this game called "osu!". So, me being someone always looking for new games, I asked them what the game was. All they said was "the best game ever." So.. I downloaded. I can't disagree with them at this point in time.
Apple_iFry
I couldn't find any offline games that my computer could run (because it's a laptop and it's garbage) so I found osu! on a list of games and I got addicted :)

Sucks that a lot of my playtime wasn't online but oh well
Shawntell
So this classmate of mine had a game on her ipad osu stream, I used to borrow it top play the gaem then like 2 months I discovered the game on windows so I downloaded it and played
r a g e
I was watching a video on how to get better at cs:go, and it mentioned using games/tools like osu to warm up. I downloaded it, thinking "i got this. i play guitar hero and this'll be easy since my aim in cs is already good" and i got destroyed. I put the game down until a few months later when i played casual, only playing 2*-3* maps. i switched back over to guitar hero, but after missing osu i came back and started grinding out 4-6* maps (and passing airman once by sheer luck lmao). I'm almost 5 digits now, and im having a grand old time since my accuracy is rising and i finally feel confident with my tablet :)
Mirt
Back in 2014, I had invited a friend around and we were watching twitch streams. We saw a game called "Osu" on there. Confused I clicked on it and I remember the stream being titled "Do not watch, I am bad at this game" And thus we clicked it. Saw someone pass a two star standard map. And the rest was history.
Dialect
Well I was watching ToshDeluxe (a geometry dash youtuber) play osu!mania and I decided to watch some osu!mania videos. I was still not interested to play osu!std. When I finished watching RWBY, I searched up Red Like Roses Part 1 and 2 to listen to it for a while, and found that it was quite 'popular' in osu, so I gave it a try, and now, I play osu!
Alot
I was at a friend house and saw that she had an "osu" app on her desktop. Never asked her what it was. When I went home, I googled it, found it, and decided to play it.

The next day, I told her that osu is very fun and that we should play it together but she told me that she had never heard of osu. Turns out what I saw on her desktop was something else but my eyes somehow saw osu.
HappytheCat14
Found it by looking for "music games" and this required accuracy so i tried it waited two years and started playing again. Naisu
Martuyu
I was trying to improve my aim at other games and someone reccomended me "Osu!". After playing a few times, I really liked it, and Osu became my main game. For some reason, I took a break for over a year, but now I'm back XD
RiceyBoi12
My story is that i found BeasttrollMcs channel and i looked at his most recent video which was about osu. and i was hmm this game looks interesting so i searched it up on google and downloaded it and instantly loved the game. Then i stopped playing for about a month
futabas
I remember searching for rhythm games on google, and read about osu somewhere so i downloaded it immediately and now i like clicking circles
- Sphinx -
WubWoofWolf on Twitch
Offdensen
3 years ago, may 2016, on toonbook. Someone posted a video of someone playing osu and uh
I liked it

but i hate my username now :'(
diseum_old
friend told me about it. he was flexing his 4 star plays at that time xd
Shikairo
I downloaded Osu back in 2016 because of this one video. I don't remember but I never launched it and I uninstalled it this year. Then I saw "And some say he never played osu! again" on Youtube because it was on my recommendations. Afterward, I reinstalled it and no regrets :). Been addicted to it and grinded on this game for the whole Summer.
Disappear
I was playing Forza Horizon 2 and was listening to some racing music, heard a japanese song, liked it, searched it up on youtube, all i found was osu, and boom there we have it. Normal human being turned into a weeb. sadness
TraxNitro
Had my account since 2014. I only played osu since last year when I arrived in Japan (lol). I now play it often when I have time.
TimeLimit
I used to play a lot of VRchat before it became cancer and there was this one VRchat YouTuber that played it. I saw it and I was blown away. I downloaded the game and didn't really touch it for a few months and when I did I loved it. now I'm here.
Abilty
Found it through Geometry Dash
An1m3
Six years ago I was bored one day and decided to browse on twitch. Was checking out the games section and I saw osu and thought it looked cool. At the time I didn't have a computer so I downloaded osu!droid and was grinding the leaderboard. It wasn't until a couple years later, when I first got a laptop and the first thing I did was download osu.
Pawsu
there are so many duplicate threads with this same topic. let's keep to this one the last one that pops up
jujika
I was talking to some girl on Discord and I asked her what games she likes playing, and one of the ones that she said was Osu!. Out of all the games she said, the title of that one interested me the most so I tried it out then and there, after which I did not actually play it for 1.5 months.
Loli_Pop
I saw the doki-doki video Miraie did and i saw that some of his osu videos were in my recomended feed. At first i thought" gahh what is this weeb garbage" .I tried it out and used my spam e-mail to make this account and ended up liking it ,Thanks Miraie.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBXV550GRDA
X rated
Was playing league a lot and watched anklespankin, tuned in to one of his livestreams and he was playing osu while in queue, he was actually pretty decent so i was like "woah wtf", so i started playing it because anyone who knew the game said it makes you better at league, and i think anklespankin did too (maybe in jest i forget) and i wanted to get better at league, funnily enough after i started playing osu i actually did get better quite rapidly
Alucard
X
m1ka
I used to play Overwatch and I was watching EFFECT's (overwatch pro) twitch stream and he uses osu as a warmup and to practice his aim for overwatch and I downloaded it to improve my aim in ow and csgo, matching my sensitivity as close as possible. Recently I've kind of moved away from fps games and I've focused a little more on osu because I really enjoy playing it and getting better.
xBuneZ
I was actually watching a Stream from some random LOL player back in 2016, so I kinda got curious. Then I tried it with 2 more friends and loved it.
APartOfMe
I love anime and rhythm games, and as I was searching for some new ones to play, I came across osu. I searched for an Android port, found opsu, used that for a few months, then started playing it on PC
Szpaj
I think that i saw video about osu or someone showed me the game long time ago back in 2016. I don't really remember things like that.
blvknight
my friend told me about this game. i thought it was crap because it's full of anime but now my life is full of anime girls.
-Hanamaru-
I actually found this game while searching in youtube " best rhythm game pc 2017 ". fun story.
-Okashii-
I found osu! while listening Fate/stay night music.
Kesemory
In 2012, my friend told me "I found a fun game, let's play it!" then I installed and started play with some of friends.
I enjoyed a lot of times with this game, such a fantastic memories ;-;
but I quit for 2 years because of my desktop pc broken in 2016.
End of September, I finally bought new one, it's a laptop though, and I back to osu!.
I'm practicing now and I realized it's not enough spec for gaming, so I'm gonna buy a desktop pc when I got a lot of money.
Anyway I'm enjoying with this game!!
Der Buhmann
My first encounter was on yt about cookiezie god mode.
i was wondering what is this and saw this hardcore autistic clicking game, and I said to me:
Give it a try :3 and now im here <3
tobuu
It might sound weird, but I first really got to hear about osu was in r/place. I saw the drama surrounding it so I checked it out. When i got my new computer on my birthday (2017), I signed up and downloaded the game.

Now i'm here, 1 year later. Still clicking circles.
LePako

Arbusion wrote:

My story is I found a Miraie video in my recommended, and i enjoyed his content so i looked at other videos he uploaded and found osu, i downloaded it and gave it a go, then didn't play for 5 months

I'm sure some people would have some interesting stories on how they found out about osu, so let me know!

Well,i found the game on a livestream of a guy (friend now) and i was like "HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?ITS GOING SO FAST,I CAN'T SEE IT"(4.8* btw) and i downloaded it (in 2016) played it for like 1 week until i passed "My love" and then i haven't touched it for 2 year.In 2018 i found another one of my friends playing this game and i tought it would be fun to try it again cuz why nut.And i can't stop playing lol
GuiNoodlecake
I play league and I saw BoxBox playing it. I didn't think much of it then but I kept seeing that one vine with osu! in it in vine compilations and got curious. Now I'm here
SpasticSurgeon
Played lots of League and wanted to improve my mouse accuracy. Ended up playing osu! instead.
PumpkinSasha
My girlfriend at the time showed me osu,started playing,we broke up but I'm still playing lmao
Superbobo1
Saw that video of the two asian guys dancing to Rockefeller Street.
show more