TeeArctic1 wrote:

Yep, snow melts fast

I’ve only seen snow once, and it wasn’t where I lived
Achromalia
i'm die
payney
all these racks gimme a bonerrrrrrr
Tad Fibonacci
I've actually never seen snow irl before.
Achromalia
me neither -w-
Journal

charamaru wrote:

all these racks gimme a bonerrrrrrr

That’s nice
Tad Fibonacci
I wish a day would last as long as I wanted it to. So that I could actually do something.

Time is such a luxury.
TheLegendaryHD

Tad Fibonacci wrote:

I've actually never seen snow irl before.

when you live in vietnam
Westonini
a
levesterz
Y
Achromalia
had a field trip to a pretty high-end university today.
Journal

Achromalia wrote:

Which high-end uni?
Achromalia

Journal wrote:

Achromalia wrote:

Which high-end uni?
University of California, Davis. A fairly local university that I'd put up with hell to hope to be accepted into.

It seems pretty nice. I'd probably enjoy it there, possibly striving to pursue music and art there, seems like it'd be an enjoyable experience.

Kinda sucks that I have to put so much damn effort into this. It feels a lot easier to just work with my current career in music and art.

Welp.
Westonini
My school was pretty shit and all but I was up there with some of the top students of my class.

I applied to like 8 or so universities and thought I had pretty good chances with my grades but I ended up only getting accepted to one, oof. Fuck you Davis I'm lookin at you.

At the very least my "safety school" was the only one that actually accepted me, so I guess I made a good prediction with that.
Achromalia

Westonini wrote:

My school was pretty shit and all but I was up there with some of the top students of my class.

I applied to like 8 or so universities and thought I had pretty good chances with my grades but I ended up only getting accepted to one, oof. Fuck you Davis I'm lookin at you.

At the very least my "safety school" was the only one that actually accepted me, so I guess I made a good prediction with that.
Hmm. What was your GPA?

Since my first semester of Freshman year was fucked with a 0.8 GPA until a ~2.1 GPA at the second semester, this year being a little lackluster at a ~3.0 so far, I'm a bit doubtful of managing anything like a UC with the early stain. How'd you do?
Westonini
I don't remember the exact numbers, but every semester I had somewhere between 3.5 - 4.0+. You may already know this, but normally the max GPA is 4.0. However, AP courses contribute more than a normal course does so it's possible to achieve above a 4.0 GPA. Junior and senior year I was taking 3-4 AP courses so my GPAs were quite high especially during those semesters.

My SAT score was decent. Wasn't terrible, but wasn't anything special. I took it twice and unfortunately got a slightly lower score the second time around.

They also look at if you do any extracurricular activities like clubs, sports, community service, etc.

I have seen a fair amount of people get accepted into UC's or CSU's with decent to low GPA's, but in most cases they also were pretty outstanding when it came to those extracurricular activities and/or what they wrote about their personal life when applying for the universities.

It was kinda disheartening when all the people around me were telling me they were getting accepted into UC This and CSU That, meanwhile all I was getting were sorry letters from them. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit jealous. It made me feel like I was pretty dumb actually. I eventually got denied from almost all the schools I applied for and was waiting on 1 more. Phew, luckily I got into that one though.

TLDR: Universities are competitive unless you're a complete all-star. And also quite expensive.

I know I made it seem pretty dreadful but I don't mean to discourage you. Also normally you need to pay to apply to universities but depending on your family's income you can get waivers, meaning you can basically just apply to these universities for free. Might as well give some of them a shot, you never know. They do give you chances to talk about your personal life so that might help you out. Universities also tend to promote diversity on their campus so you may have some talents that many others may not have which can help.
Achromalia
well that's an oof.

but yeah. hopefully i'll be able to apply for financial aid should i go to UCD. might be a good idea for me to consider other colleges to apply to, but i'll probably wind up pretty limited.

i don't take any AP courses, nor do i really get involved in clubs or anything. i keep to myself pretty much all the time.

i doubt i'm really talented in the sense that i'd have anything that another student wouldn't, so there probably wouldn't be much that'd be interesting enough.

so yeah. possible choices are UCD or CSUS so far. it's still highly likely i'm just not going to bother with college, but it's good to consider it, at least.

my main hope is that i'll be able to maintain some sort of music or art career. i don't really know how i'll do on that, but i'll probably struggle for a good while.

eugh.

in terms of possible majors/minors, i'm considering whether i would waste my life away for a double major in art and music while picking up a minor for philosophy or psychology, or to just go for a simple major in art and minor in music, or something.

oh and of course i'd probably have to specify the art major as the arts are pretty broad, which uhhh i don't really know what i'd go for.
Westonini
nite
levesterz
Knight
vinnicci
a
Plini
ei
vinnicci
aa
Journal
Oh, one of the UCs. I’ve only heard good things about it, mainly from my old Algebra teacher who attended there. I’m assuming you’re going for in-state universities then, Achro?
Westonini
show more