forum

[Archived] osu! not running on GPU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
N o o b
logs
#=z_NgAh2Z$TqyOx3lTU7MknUxBqIhq: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=z0IN6pU_55uudmDShowKV9CmtDm6s.#=zwxPGOJw=(Int32 #=zzkUr_GM=, Int32 #=zj50PS34=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zEI3TImg=)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.#=zG_14oXKzW8DV(GraphicsContextFlags #=zEI3TImg=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.#=zG_14oXKzW8DV(GraphicsContextFlags #=zEI3TImg=)
at #=zu4fIM7i5d2zK3OeYZ6db9xg=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at #=zWfvxL3bozZRF5baFS5vYoP5icjbc.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=zvFmhdr4=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=z4LpiQHMXU42CCSRJIQwXyNQ=.WndProc(Message& #=zJYmLj28=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I tried to make osu! run off of my GPU instead of my CPU today and after running it on the backup version of stable, I wanted to try to see if I can go back to the normal version of stable. I was greeted with this message. I reinstalled the nvidia drivers, changed my osu version back to stable, and even made sure the "compatibility context" was set to 1 in the cfg file.
Specs
  1. OS: Windows 10 64-bit
  2. GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050 ti
  3. CPU: Intel i7-8750H

A common problem with these error messages is that the hardware can't handle the openGL but I am almost certain that my PC can handle it.
I just have no idea what is going on with this PC
Edit: it works in the fallback stable but not with the latest stable... I'd still like to know why I can't run the latest stable with my integrated graphics anymore
Death
Have you restarted your computer at all? And have you tried running the game without compatibility mode (CompatibilityContext set to 0)?

Based on the first part of your post it sounds like you can't run the game on your dedicated card, but according to your edit you can't run the game with your integrated graphics anymore? Are you having issues with both of them or just one?

After restarting your computer (if you haven't yet), if it still doesn't work, try downloading this program and take a picture of the summary or GL report tabs for whichever GPUs don't seem to be working.
show more