forum

Emdasche - Legendary Showdown! Vs. Giratina [ R...

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
silvermoonwolf
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Monday, August 17, 2020 at 9:45:59 PM

Artist: Emdasche
Title: Legendary Showdown! Vs. Giratina [ Remix ]
Source: Pokemon Platinum
Tags: Remix Pokemon Giratina Emdasche Electronic Theme Battle
BPM: 180
Filesize: 6378kb
Play Time: 04:12
Difficulties Available:
  1. Giratina's Wrath (6.62 stars, 1200 notes)
Download: Emdasche - Legendary Showdown! Vs. Giratina [ Remix ]
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Trying my hand at another map, though I think this one will be a lot more straightforward with mapping and may very well be a little easier than the country song and other song I tried mapping before this became a straight up lie and I don't even know if I'm sorry

Any feedback during the updating of this map is greatly apprecaited! \ o /

Possible lower diffs by ruruchewy and -mudkip-

~Update Log~
Oct. 23:
-Not sure about the 1/2 beat square trail(?) I have about half way through the map- will most likely change
-Changed a few of the earlier patterns to better fit the music and be a little easier to hit hopefully

Dec. 12:
-Changed that weird square pattern in the middle to something that's hopefully better
-Added like 10-15 more seconds of mapping, a stream, tried adding a tiny bit more variety, somewhat fast sliders ouo

Dec. 14:
-Changed the direction in which one of the patterns moved to better improve the flow

Jan. 25:
-Added about 10 more seconds, streams ouo
-Fixed the sound to a few previous hit objects
-Added a short section after a break for when the beat seems to relax a little

Jan. 26:
-Fixed up a lot more of the hitsounds to hopefully make it sounds more cohesive with the music (and more interesting hopefully??)
-Added more streams ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
-Fixed up another part where I just placed hit objects down to the beat of the music and made that look nicer
-Upped the HP drain by 1.2

Mar. 24:
-Removed those pesky streams, I don't know what I was thinking at the time but it was an unnecessary difficulty spike
-Changed the buzz sliders I had to regular sliders so AI bot would stop freaking out over them LOL
-Shortened the distance between some patterns to better reflect how the music sort of relaxes at one part, while lengthening the distance between others when it speeds up
-Fixed that awkward section where some weird noises could be heard-- I made it easier to hit instead of making it an impossible to read pattern of sliders
-Changed some patterns of circles into patterns of sliders for better effect to the music
-Added another 30 seconds to the map's length (HALF WAY DONE WOO)
-More for myself but I bookmarked where the music changes and therefore where the mapping may change pace/density

Mar. 26:
-Added some more to the map
-Tried doing something subtle with the slider velocity at the slider heavy portion
-Fixed the spacing on the triples about 1/4 of the way through the map's entirety

May 30:
-Fixed the hitsound volume so the hs aren't obnoxiously loud through 98% of the map
-Fixed the section a little bit after the beginning where it was just placement circles- have fun with some star patterns
-Added another 13 seconds to the map, might change those sliders later

July 11:
-Added another 20+ seconds to the map, about 75% done ;w;
-Going to be copying and pasting my favorite patterns from the beginning to the near end of the map because y e s and i'm lazy but shh
-Upped the OD to 8 instead of 6
-Prepare for the real jumps at the second kiai :^)
-Fixed the spacing of half the map so the effectiveness of the jumps at the second kiai is more noticeable since the music heightens in pitch as much and sounds slightly crazier

July 12:
-Mapping portion 100% complete WOO, all that's messy are the hitsounds (which are mainly only heard for the first 1/4-1/3 of the map)

Feb. 25:
-Finally fixed that bullshit fucking last slider LOL
-Still need to fix hitsounds for everything and some patterns after this

March 21:
-Just fixed like 2 patterns nothing major h a

August 17:
-Updating this specifically to remind myself to make a revised/remapped version of this fucking BANGER