forum

How can you improve a play and still loose pp?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
WillSellers
I just played a map, and vastly improved my score, combo, and my acc a little but lost pp. How is this? Why even bother improving old plays (it wasn't even that old I just barely play up to 5.01* and it was like 4.3) it seems the more I think I understand the PP system the less I actually do.
CatzerTM
You can lose pp if you beat your high score on a map with lower accuracy
Topic Starter
WillSellers
That's what I thought but I got higher acc, all around I did a lot better this time but lost like 100 rank

Kondou-Shinichi
thats because 100 people got higher pp than you compared to last time your rank was updated
Topic Starter
WillSellers
oh okay, thanks. Hate to contribute to some of the dumb questions here but I couldn't find anything explaining some of the less obvious aspects of how pp and rank work.
If I can ask another dumb question, since the pp for the song wasn't updated since I played it last if I hadn't played it at all would I still have lost the rank?
koemada

WillSellers wrote:

oh okay, thanks. Hate to contribute to some of the dumb questions here but I couldn't find anything explaining some of the less obvious aspects of how pp and rank work.
If I can ask another dumb question, since the pp for the song wasn't updated since I played it last if I hadn't played it at all would I still have lost the rank?

yes, if you play another song, it still would have been updated and you still would have lost the rank since 100 people still got higher pp than you regardless.
show more