forum

Easy mod players, how do I learn how to read easy?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
UnnamedBeast
You know, besides the "play the mod" tip which is kind of obvious, where did you start in particular? maps or star difficulty?

I don't have that much difficulty reading ar8 and a bit lower, atleast from my experience with other players I tend to read lower AR's better than they do.

What should I do to learn EZ?
Kondou-Shinichi
I started with 4* ez, since the rhythm isn't too complex but the density is high enough to make reading more challenging than 3*s
when you can consistently play 4* ex you can simply now go play whatever maps you want with ez to improve
Topic Starter
UnnamedBeast

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

I started with 4* ez, since the rhythm isn't too complex but the density is high enough to make reading more challenging than 3*s
when you can consistently play 4* ex you can simply now go play whatever maps you want with ez to improve
Just one thing, there are some maps (aka pp farm maps) that with easy become much harder to read than a normal 4* map, should I try those once in a while or should I focus on basically just playing every 4* map with the mod on
ManuelOsuPlayer
I started at 3* to get more used to the AR.
You can read it in different ways. Reading AR circles closing on each circle. Making patterns more simple on your head. Using cursor... Or just memory.
Kondou-Shinichi

UnnamedBeast wrote:

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

Just one thing, there are some maps (aka pp farm maps) that with easy become much harder to read than a normal 4* map, should I try those once in a while or should I focus on basically just playing every 4* map with the mod on
decide on which one is too hard for you yourself lol
also start with low 4* (4.0-4.5)
mulraf
i'm not really an ez player usually, i just tried it for some time to join a tourney. anyways, a huge tip i got was: always alternate out of repeat sliders. repeat sliders can be nasty with ez imho :x other than that pretty much what the others said. start at an area where you're comfortable with it and then work your way up from there.
MillhioreF
Pick a map you already know and like, then spam play that a lot to get used to the AR. Once you can hit slow, dense circles, branch out a bit to stuff at a slightly lower star range and try to sightread.
Topic Starter
UnnamedBeast

MillhioreF wrote:

Pick a map you already know and like, then spam play that a lot to get used to the AR. Once you can hit slow, dense circles, branch out a bit to stuff at a slightly lower star range and try to sightread.
Guess I know what I'll be doing for the next 4 hours now lul