forum

osu!mania 4K Rice Grade Certification (Phase 1 OPEN!)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
Rice Certification inc. presents:
osu!mania 4K Rice Grade Certification
Contains 0 LNs!

Course status:
WIP (Section DAA500 charting)

ABOUT

Rice Grade Certification (which will be called RGC from now) is a project for grade certification system in osu!mania.

RGC consists charts with 0 LNs, and filled with various pattern of skill tests. Most of the charts are hand-made by me, either from scratch or a redone from my existing charts.

RGC is not intended to replace existing 4K grade certifications. This is a separate certification in any way.

Because this is a WIP, questions, opinions and suggestions are highly welcomed!

SYSTEM

RGC system is a bit complex. There are "grade charts" and "certification charts".

A grade chart is the actual course which consists of 4 songs/musics with total playtime around 7~10 minutes. Three grades grouped into a Section, locked with certification chart, except for beginner grade (Grade 0 ~ 3). Between last note of a chart with first note of next chart there is a ~10-second break.

A certification chart is a "key" to unlock grade charts. It's a chart of a song/music which is nearly nonstop for around 3~5 minutes. Different with grade charts, certification charts aren't locked in any way.

Leaderboards are sorted, in order: clear type, grade, accuracy, then clear date. Score doesn't matter in this course.
  1. All chart sets uses HP 7 and OD 10.
  2. All charts except qualification chart have its speed normalized to dominant BPM.
    Certification chart might have speed gimmicks.
  3. No hitsounds are used.

SUBMISSION

Score submissions are closed until I finish the first batch of grade courses. You can still post scores and give opinions about early release of RGC.

Steps:
  1. Upload a screenshot/gameplay video of yourself clearing RGC certification chart then grade chart.
    Recommended: http://puush.me (image) and YouTube/NicoNicoVideo (video)
  2. Simply post it at here.

Rules:
  1. Clear certification chart first, then grade chart. Order of clear may not be swapped.
    You can play any certification chart, and don't need to finish it in order or all of them.
  2. Obtain 95% accuracy on both certification chart and grade chart.
  3. No easy difficulty mods are allowed.
    This includes EZ and HT.
  4. NF is allowed only on grade charts.
    However, your score will be marked as "Assist Clear". Score isn't qualified if you still don't get 95% accuracy.
  5. Due to the nature of high OD, HR is not allowed.
  6. Pausing results into self-disqualification.
    It defeats the purpose of the grade certification system. While osu!mania can't view how many times you paused, it's disrespectful.
  7. Modifying the chart then clearing it is considered as cheating.
    When proved doing so, your score entry will be removed.

LINKS

1. Phase 1
  2. DA0000
  3. Phase 2
  4. DAA500
  5. Main directory (GDrive)
    Contains main folder of course files, including course download.
    (files will be periodically removed as the chart is uploaded to osu! beatmap DB)
  6. GDocs Online Spreadsheet
    Contains chart list and score board.

CLOSING WORDS

Tools Used
  1. FL Studio 20 (it's so stupid to find the BPM with this thing)
  2. REAPER 0.999
  3. Notepad++
  4. PHOTOMOSH (for instant editing of BG)
  5. CLIP Studio Paint EX
  6. A bunchful of patience

FAQ

1. Q: What are dan-i-nintei/grade certification courses? Why the heck there are a lot of them!?
    A: It's a course which tests your skill. An example is beatmania IIDX's dan-i-nintei course which consists 4 charts, and have been used long time as a "prestige" system, where people can show their skill and mastery.
    Probably it's based from martial arts grade-alike (belts?).
  2. Q: Why it's called a rice?
    A: It's because me as an Asian eats rice as primary food. It's a pun of charts which consists only normal/tap notes because it looks like a rice far from the screen. Arrows and orbs aren't a thing.
  3. Q: Is there any difference between other grade certification/dan-i-nintei courses?
    A: A lot. I doubt if I can mention all of them. It'll be a text wall.
  4. Q: When will you upload this to osu! beatmap database?
    A: Soon as I have more slots, because I'm losing my mood to rank my charts. Please donate me supporter tag.
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
CHANGELOG

1. 2018/9/30
    Phase 2 is live in osu! DB.
  2. 2018/9/5
    Certification DA0000 is open!
  3. 2018/9/1
    Phase 1 is live in osu! beatmap DB!
  4. 2018/8/31
    Fixed Certification DA0000 offset by #osumania people. I forgot who is the name _(:3
  5. 2018/8/30
    Phase 1 open! This includes Section 000000 and certification chart for Section DA0000.
abraker
Consider uploading the *.osz file to google drive instead of folders with the osu map data in them instead
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei

abraker wrote:

Consider uploading the *.osz file to google drive instead of folders with the osu map data in them instead

That would make the delta changes killing my phone. I used my phone ISP to update datas, and without actually uploading to osu! beatmap DB the changes are just... humiliating.

As information, I already stated that I'll periodically delete files on the GDrive folder as I upload it to osu! beatmap DB.

GDrive as individual folder (not .osz) and osu! as beatmap update works similarly; they only send data changes instead of resending the entire package, which is less stressful and convinient for users with metered data connection like me.
-mint-
no
Jole

Ryu Sei wrote:

abraker wrote:

That would make the delta changes killing my phone. I used my phone ISP to update datas, and without actually uploading to osu! beatmap DB the changes are just... humiliating.

As information, I already stated that I'll periodically delete files on the GDrive folder as I upload it to osu! beatmap DB.

GDrive as individual folder (not .osz) and osu! as beatmap update works similarly; they only send data changes instead of resending the entire package, which is less stressful and convinient for users with metered data connection like me.
Your reason is fair but from a user perspective .osz is much better

Folder:
Download folder -> find songs folder and move download to there -> reload songs in game (usually takes a while)

.osz:
Download file -> click file, done
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei

Jole wrote:

Your reason is fair but from a user perspective .osz is much better

Folder:
Download folder -> find songs folder and move download to there -> reload songs in game (usually takes a while)

.osz:
Download file -> click file, done

As an end user, right? I know. Give me a moment to completely dump my pending charts to burial and push them to DB. ;w;
Topic Starter
Ryu Sei
Phase 2 is opened.
show more