forum

Winter/Summer 2012 Anime Season

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ampzz
Not happy with what the Autumn anime season is offering? Then you might have some luck0 with the next.

Here's a quick run down on the next upcoming line up which I will likely update as more titles are confirmed for this particular anime segment.

1. Aruva Rezuru: Kikai Jikake no Tousei-tachi
  2. Binbou-gami ga!
  3. Campione!
  4. Chitose GEt You!!
  5. Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi.
  6. Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai.
  7. Dog Days Second Season
  8. Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmon-Bu
  9. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
  10. Hakuouki: Reimei-roku
  11. Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
  12. Joshiraku
  13. Kingdom
  14. Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
  15. Kokoro Connect
  16. Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!
  17. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon II
  18. La Storia della Arcana Famiglia
  19. Moyashimon Returns
  20. Muv-Luv Altenative: Total Eclipse
  21. Natuyuki Rendevous
  22. Oda Nobuna no Yahou
  23. Pokemon: Best Wishes Season 2
  24. Rinne no Lagrange Second Season
  25. Sword Art Online
  26. Tari Tari
  27. Yuru Yuri ♪♪
Toss in a few OVAs, movies and there's the next upcoming season in a wrap.

adam2046
Excited for season 2 of Horizon and Lagrange. Hopefully they're both done with the "let's sit around and do nothing for extended periods of time" episodes. Unlikely.

Edit: Also posting the chart.
DerekMcD
Have you made a Spring 2012 thread yet?
blissfulyoshi

Koro McAlpine wrote:

Have you made a Spring 2012 thread yet?
Are you talking about southern hemisphere spring, or northern hemisphere spring. Northern hemisphere first impression thread is currently on second page.
Topic Starter
ampzz
Thanks for the chart adam, capped at the moment so can't browse anything bar pre-cached websites.

Horizon season 2 will be nigh impossible for anything else to top.
Oreiora

ampzz wrote:

Thanks for the chart adam, capped at the moment so can't browse anything bar pre-cached websites.

Horizon season 2 will be nigh impossible for anything else to top.
I'm also looking forward to Kyoukai Senjou, at first I thought it was going to end up mediocre with the first few episodes, but the end really left me looking forward to the second season.

Also, I had forgotten about it, but Fairy Tail's movie, I wonder how it'll turn up. So far I've had really low expectations from the movies of mainstream animes. Strong World from One Piece was one of the few I enjoyed. It had good art and it cleared up alot of the ambiguity with Gol D Roger and the past etc, but apart from that, the storyline was pretty cliche and repetitive to what happens in the anime.
blissfulyoshi
Updated this thread because a new chart has come out and because dog days s2 is on it!!! Now put in some bullets and shells, and we are set. (On a related note, Nanoha As is getting a movie this summer as well, so I hope they can retain the quality of the first movie to make an epic adaptation of As)
Faust
Toshokan Sensou S2 and Berserk.
That one eroge adaptation seems to be fine.

Rest look so terrible.
Topic Starter
ampzz
Updated first post with my own puush hosted Neregate image and included all the new additions to the list.

Looking forward to this upcoming season as well as enjoying a few titles of this current season, just to name them all:
  1. Campione! - I love the light novel of this series along with quite a few others I read/ re-read frequently with Youko Hikasa as Erica, Eri Kitamura as Lilianna and finally Kana Hanazawa as Yuri being pure icing on the cake.
  2. Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
  3. Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
  4. Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
  5. Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Second Season
  6. Sword Art Online
Have I mentioned how absurdly stupid Kokoro Connect sounds?
Giganscudo
Moyashimon... I remember pressing the "random anime" button with my friend... ended up watching the whole thing =.=
Other then that the only other animes i know from there are Sword Art Online, Dog days S2 and Koi to Senkyo to chocolate Looking forward to it!
Topic Starter
ampzz
Just a bit of an update with this upcoming season with all confirmed anime now added to the opening post.
those
Oh cool Nanoha movie
Accelerator-kun
Yuru Yuri ♪♪
and others things that I haven't finished yet.
Magicphoenix
Why's this title "Winter 2012 Anime Season" when it's actually Summer? :D
Giganscudo

Magicphoenix wrote:

Because its Winter at Japan where anime is created and Summer at your place. What else?
Net-Nue
i just realized this thread :o
Sankyuu ampzz~ XD
Topic Starter
ampzz

Magicphoenix wrote:

Because I'm Australian.

The place I got this image from is in the northern hemisphere so that's why it reads "Summer", if it was done by myself I would've put it down as Winter 2012.
The Ribbon Red

ampzz wrote:

Magicphoenix wrote:

Because I'm Australian.
Win.

Australia all the way (not to mention I'm going to be visiting it).
stavolizer
in my country,now is raining season XD
The Ribbon Red

stavolizer wrote:

in my country,now is raining season XD
Hell, we're in the tropical region. We only have 2 seasons.
stavolizer

The Ribbon Red wrote:

owh yeah..
why you not come to forum 'bahasa indonesia'?
saymun
Since i watched YuruYuri first season, i guess i shall continue that. As for everything else, I'll probably end up watching 3-4 episodes (if episode 1 pulled me in enough) of them all and decide if i want to continue from there
The Ribbon Red

stavolizer wrote:

The Ribbon Red wrote:

owh yeah..
why you not come to forum 'bahasa indonesia'?
I will... If I'm interested.

I don't really see anything that intrigues me from the list. Recommendations, anyone?
Topic Starter
ampzz
Depends on which genres you like and what sort of storyline you'll be after as I could probably recommend you quite a few based on a few words describing what you want to see or would like to.
The Ribbon Red

ampzz wrote:

Depends on which genres you like and what sort of storyline you'll be after as I could probably recommend you quite a few based on a few words describing what you want to see or would like to.
Let's see...

Something with a decent (& deadly serious) storyline and a quite nice animation.
Genre is preferably anything, but might as well match up along these:
  • Psychological
    Mystery
    Horror
    Gore
    Mecha
    Magic
    Myth
If there's one, I'll match up on my anime list. And please, less sexual fanservice.
Mogsy
Here's what I'm definitely watching:
  1. Natsuyuki Rendezvous
  2. Chouyaku Hyakunin Isshu: Uta Koi.
  3. Moyashimon Returns
  4. Kingdom
  5. Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse
  6. Sword Art Online
  7. Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebisugawa Koukou Tenmon-Bu
  8. Tari Tari
  9. La storia della Arcana Famiglia
  10. Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita
Might watch other titles depending on first impressions/amount of time I've got.
Fai-Chii
Wow it's cool.
Gabi
Dunno if this is any different, but seems to be an updated version of the lineup.

Only good thing is the Berserk movie.
vizzy
Summer 2012 doesn't look too promising..but I usually just watch everything anyways.
show more