forum

Guild Wars 2: Pre-Order

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BatterKnife
Yes Guild Wars 2 is up on pre-order on the 10th of april. It's gonna be $59.99 (the normal version) and the deluxe version is gonna be $79.99
Now that is what I call expensive - http://buy.guildwars2.com

I missed the beta so I will have to live with giving up all that money for a game I haven't even tested yet.
I suppose many didn't get a beta try either and I feel you guys this is a big miss for us.
I am still gonna buy it, but I will try to find a way to get it for a discount or even getting it free.

How many of you are gonna play it? Feel free to ask for my user on raptr, xfire, steam if you care to play with me when it comes out.
Drakari_old
That's... actually a very normal price, and way cheaper than a lifetime subscription to similar games.
Topic Starter
BatterKnife
I guess that's true when you speak of monthly fees. Skyrim was cheaper and a superb game on top of that.
I guess when you're gonna buy a game like that with no monthly fees it's bound to cost this much.
silmarilen
ill point it out for you

i think that already answers one of your complaints.

also im definetly going to pre-purchase the deluxe edition.
Mashley
So is this game actually gonna be good or something? Cos I haven't seen anything interesting about it.
Topic Starter
BatterKnife

Mashley wrote:

So is this game actually gonna be good or something? Cos I haven't seen anything interesting about it.
You must look for beta videos on youtube now!
Jinxy
The fact that I didn't get into CBT and that it costs $100 when converted into my currency is making me hesitate.

The event system and skills are good and all, but I haven't been able to try the fighting system which is the most important to me.
Vish024

8find3r wrote:

I missed the beta so I will have to live with giving up all that money for a game I haven't even tested yet.
Don't do that. You don't want to regret splashing that sort of money or alternatively purchase the game then spend the next 3 months convincing yourself that it's justified. The game itself is not bad, but I doubt I'm willing to pay that sort of dosh for it. Alongisde that I'm not commited to RPG's.

I'm not discouraging you from purchasing it, it's more attractive to certain people than others. Just be sure you'll receive some serious satisfaction from the product before buying it. Especially for that price.
Two_old
It's not a pre-order, it's a pre-purchase. The difference is that you get charged right away for full price and cannot cancel. If you like mmo's at all, it's worth buying it. And as for finding beta videos, the only good video I've seen was from the arenanet vs. booncontrol PvP games where a dev was playing. Everyone else moves awkwardly/clicks skills.
Topic Starter
BatterKnife
Then two has not seen guys like the Jogscast f.e.
Two_old
I have, they are terrible at guild wars 2 and games in general
Ekaru

8find3r wrote:

Skyrim was cheaper and a superb game on top of that.
? Skyrim and Guild Wars 2 both cost 59.99 USD (not counting the Deluxe Edition, of course, but it's your choice to buy the more expensive version of the game and, therefore, should not be considered when deciding which game is cheaper). It's the standard price of a game nowadays, so I don't really see why this game's price would be worth a mention.

And as for finding beta videos, the only good video I've seen was from the arenanet vs. booncontrol PvP games where a dev was playing. Everyone else moves awkwardly/clicks skills.
Some people are actually clicking the skills on a regular basis? I much prefer hot keys, thank you very much.

Also, I'll be getting this game whenever I get a computer that isn't from the early 2000's and uses DDR1 memory.
Jinxy
...The heck? The price was 50£ the last I checked.

Now it's $74 when converted here. Not too bad actually.
Topic Starter
BatterKnife
I bought Skyrim for $49.99 if you really want to know. I am gonna buy this game ofc even if it's $10 more.
The only reason why I brought it up is because ISK is falling and falling, and soon enough everything will be too expensive for me.

Also, I'll be getting this game whenever I get a computer that isn't from the early 2000's and uses DDR1 memory.
Seems you are not too rich yourself if you still haven't upgraded your PC.
Drakari_old
If you got Skyrim for $50 then you didn't get it at release.