forum

Skill-level stuck and drop (& other question)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Byn Kuudere
I don't know is this normal or not but my play sometime get worst than usual (playing already played map). What should i do when it occur, cause playing worst make me very frustrated, im still enjoying the game though, but i dont feels joyful when finished the map :(

Half of my play time literally me playing low-star map without any improving on the score...

P/S: Im not a offline player btw, i like to watch how my skill improved :D

-------------------------------------------------
Im currently play at 26 scroll speed (fixed), im attempting to change for 24, i feel like i got less misses at that scroll speed but also less accurary (300/300g,...). Should i change or should i stick at 26...
Trialith
To be honest, performing worse on a map I've already played once is a very normal thing for me. From personal experience, you aren't actually performing worse, but instead your brain tries to focus on memorizing the map's patterns, and that can mess up how you play. Given enough time and tryharding, you can achieve great results, but it's not a great way of playing. Essentially you're forcing yourself to memorize the map, which not only takes a lot of time and effort, but is useless if you're trying to improve and progress further.

What I suggest doing is either when playing a new map, go for a pass, and then come back later to improve the score instead of retrying a bunch of times; or while playing a map you decide the run isn't good, quit and go to the next song, you'll come back later to do the map. As you see, the goal here is to avoid retrying for better accuracy/score, because in most cases, improvement doesn't happen immediately.

Also, about scroll speed, play with what is the most comfortable to you. It's normal to feel more in control with slower scroll speeds due to the reaction time you're playing with. Sometimes the scroll speed depends on the skin you're using as well.

In general, if you can read denser patterns well at 24, change to 24, you'll get used to getting better MAX/300 ratios and better accuracy overtime. If you feel like the accuracy you're getting with 26 is more important, stick with 26.

Hope any of this helped you :) :)
Topic Starter
Byn Kuudere

Trialith wrote:

To be honest, performing worse on a map I've already played once is a very normal thing for me. From personal experience, you aren't actually performing worse, but instead your brain tries to focus on memorizing the map's patterns, and that can mess up how you play. Given enough time and tryharding, you can achieve great results, but it's not a great way of playing. Essentially you're forcing yourself to memorize the map, which not only takes a lot of time and effort, but is useless if you're trying to improve and progress further.

What I suggest doing is either when playing a new map, go for a pass, and then come back later to improve the score instead of retrying a bunch of times; or while playing a map you decide the run isn't good, quit and go to the next song, you'll come back later to do the map. As you see, the goal here is to avoid retrying for better accuracy/score, because in most cases, improvement doesn't happen immediately.

Also, about scroll speed, play with what is the most comfortable to you. It's normal to feel more in control with slower scroll speeds due to the reaction time you're playing with. Sometimes the scroll speed depends on the skin you're using as well.

In general, if you can read denser patterns well at 24, change to 24, you'll get used to getting better MAX/300 ratios and better accuracy overtime. If you feel like the accuracy you're getting with 26 is more important, stick with 26.

Hope any of this helped you :) :)

Tks for responding :3, is good to know other people are same at me too, for a moment i thought im the only one who's performing worse :D

Much love :D
powaful3000
Getting worse happens to everyone, but it's only temporary. I suggest just playing as many maps as possible (a lot of unranked maps) to improve skill and not worrying about improving X score on Y map. My first play on a map is usually much better than the following plays so don't worry about it.
Topic Starter
Byn Kuudere

powaful3000 wrote:

Getting worse happens to everyone, but it's only temporary. I suggest just playing as many maps as possible (a lot of unranked maps) to improve skill and not worrying about improving X score on Y map. My first play on a map is usually much better than the following plays so don't worry about it.

Hmmm, good to know it happens to everyone :3, i dont know any decent unranked map though xD.
powaful3000

Hentaj is Art wrote:

powaful3000 wrote:

Hmmm, good to know it happens to everyone :3, i dont know any decent unranked map though xD.

Best maps are stepmania converts (there should be a post on the forums with a ton of them)
[LS]PositoniX
play more, i know you heard this before but just do it.
Topic Starter
Byn Kuudere

PositoniX wrote:

Yah :v, it actually true af xD, it just about getting low score on "easy" map make me wonder ;-;
[LS]PositoniX

Byn Kuudere wrote:

PositoniX wrote:

Yah :v, it actually true af xD, it just about getting low score on "easy" map make me wonder ;-;

i also get lower scores on easier maps, because scrollspeed is changeable, whereas bpm, which works like scollspeed on a smaller scale, is not, and easier maps with lower bpms are harder for a guy that is used to high scrollspeeds.

ps: sorry for bumping a 3 week old thread, i just felt like i had to say this.
nadavv

PositoniX wrote:

Byn Kuudere wrote:

PositoniX wrote:

i also get lower scores on easier maps, because scrollspeed is changeable, whereas bpm, which works like scollspeed on a smaller scale, is not, and easier maps with lower bpms are harder for a guy that is used to high scrollspeeds.

ps: sorry for bumping a 3 week old thread, i just felt like i had to say this.
dude you fucking wot m8?
you can disable that by disabling "scale osu mania scroll speed with bpm" or something like that. also take out "remember scroll speed per beatmap"
[LS]PositoniX
ok
show more