forum

Mouse dpi help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
MateusCVieira2
Should I lower my dpi? I've been playing for a little more than a week and doing okay, but it seems like everyone plays with lower dpi than me. Are there any benefits in the long run that make it mandatory to switch or is it just up to personal preference?
I play with 3000 dpi, 1000hz polling rate, mouse + kb
ManuelOsuPlayer
It's personal preference once you are really skilled.
As new or worst you are, more beneficial is to play low DPI.
Even if you have cookiezi skills, 3000 DPI it's totally out of what is viable.
By the tons of tests i made, the max someone should play at, will be around 1400 DPI. Higher than that you lose speed. And even 1400 is not worth if you're not playing corner jumps 200 bpm DT or someshit like that what probably noone can play yet xD
I recommend you to start playing with 400-600 DPI. Raw imput on. Osu sensitivity 1.00x; windows sensitivity 6/11 disable/uncheck "enhance pointer precision" box.

Also depends on your game and screen resolution.

Low DPI make you move more your muscles, and that equal on more and better work out. So you build muscle memory a lot.
Play high DPI may be usefull to improve precision after down the dpi later, but the change isn't anything worth.

Even if you want to be the best higher DPI player for X reasson, even then you should start playing low DPI to improve faster.
In any case go over 800 dpi right now, makes no sense and you lose your time.

Don't skip 1* and 2* maps. They are great to build muscle memory. Slower the movements are eaquals into more muscle memory builded.
KupcaH
Yeah, you should.
Most of players are using DPI between 500 and 1600. I would recommend to use something between 500 and 1000.
Topic Starter
MateusCVieira2
Switched to 800 and adjusted to 950 and now I'm 100 times better lol
ManuelOsuPlayer

MateusCVieira2 wrote:

Ofc haha, i'm playing 800 right now and i play 7*+ maps, you should be able to play confortable from 1* to 5* with 600 dpi. But 950 it's totally fine anyways. I think 600 will be more optimal right now and will be totally viable before reach 4 digits.
koemada
Yeah, you should.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

will be totally viable before reach 4 digits.
And why wouldn't it be viable after reaching 4 digits?
ManuelOsuPlayer

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

will be totally viable before reach 4 digits.
And why wouldn't it be viable after reaching 4 digits?
You cap your skill playong at 600. You will be way more faster with a tiny more.
Laurencia
???????
RaneFire

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

MateusCVieira2 wrote:

Ofc haha, i'm playing 800 right now and i play 7*+ maps, you should be able to play confortable from 1* to 5* with 600 dpi. But 950 it's totally fine anyways. I think 600 will be more optimal right now and will be totally viable before reach 4 digits.

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

You cap your skill playong at 600. You will be way more faster with a tiny more.
I play on 600 DPI and find it perfectly comfortable. I may not be good, but I don't feel capped at all and have quite a lot of fun playing 7*+ jump maps. I actually used to play on 800, but didn't feel it was quite right. As you say, I liked that illusion of speed, but I had trouble developing pin-point accuracy. It just wasn't comfortable and my fingers would get stiff easily.

In reaction to this, I lowered it to 300DPI for a few weeks, learned to move my hand faster through brute force, and came out with a better sense of how to use my arm more effectively. I slowly upped it until a I found the most comfortable setting for me, which was double that. This was all before my hiatus, about a year ago. Anyway it worked out well.
KupcaH

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm using 500 dpi and I'm pretty close to 3 digit. And I definitely don't think that my DPI is somehow capping my skill.
ManuelOsuPlayer

KupcaH wrote:

ManuelOsuPlayer wrote:

I'm using 500 dpi and I'm pretty close to 3 digit. And I definitely don't think that my DPI is somehow capping my skill.
Off it depends on each one and the maps you play. Didn't matter you have 400 dpi or 2000dpi if you're playing mostly streams maps.
What i mean is, 700dpi would not make you lose precision, but you will be faster. What equals on an overall improvment.
Ofc this is my opinion after research and tests mades by myself. So for you could be the opossite.
My precision is good and my speed is thrash, so i guess that could make me play then times better with 800 dpi over 600 or 1000.
Maybe you're so fast but worst precision, so lowest DPI works perfectly on you.
It's imposible to say what it's going to be better for each one.
In general i still think 700 it's way better than 600 in most of the cases. Even 800 still better.
show more