forum

is it worth stepping back a bit?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kishuya
it's been about 2.5-3 months since I made a good play (in terms of Performance points) last month was just filled up with choco cookie 200pp scores as I was trying to replicate a 200pp score I made on a private server. I've been getting worse and worse and it's more annoying since I've swapped from an XP-PenG403 To a Wacom CTL-480. My accuracy has taken a dump somewhere and Instead of improving I've hit a mental block and my skill has been all over the place (E.G: Maps I came close to fcing such as Zen Zen Zense (full ver) I can't even get near to fcing now, I can do big jumps if they're just up and down but when it comes to things like just regular jump patterns like in Ai no Scenario maps or even that Guren map that I fc'd 2 months ago, I can't get close to doing/fcing) I'm not saying I won't get better from playing more, I'm just saying this mental block combined with Aim issues has really made me worse rather than better (I just can't get used to hovering) so I was considering going back to 4 stars until I can consistently FC.

If anyone has any tips I'd be grateful.
koemada
Maybe taking a break would help.
kai99
taking 1 week breaks help (any longer and stamina starts dying)
you could play for fun than pp (play tech maps, learn a new skill, etc)
start from like 4.3*, but keep in mind if it's too easy it doesnt help. do maps that you get 5-10 misses on.
the 5* beginning / 200pp section is where people get stuck HARD and it took me 8 months to get out of it, (i was progressing real fast before that) but then i kinda got a lot better at this game so it'll eventually happen.
ManuelOsuPlayer
Stop retry, replay, and quit maps.
Topic Starter
Kishuya
thanks for the replies, I'll try to take a break and then work on being able to play tech maps; yeah should probably stop with the retry to
show more