forum

[Archived] Slight cursor lag and stutter when streaming osu! (Tablet)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
kaho on osu
Hello. Recently I got a new tablet, the Gaomon s56k, and I have no issues with it when OBS is closed. The moment I open OBS, though, the cursor stutters and lags. It is very slight but it is annoying enough to affect game play. Here's a list of things I have already tried just so we can rule them out:

New Pen Battery
Switched USB port
Tried different combinations of 'high priority' between osu!, OBS and the Tablet Driver
Disabling Superfetch
Compatibility mode
OS Tablet Support
FixMyPen
Different Streaming Software

This problem does not occur with my mouse inside of osu! or my tablet when on the desktop.
Thanks! :)
modrei_DELETED
is it just cursor or whole game? its usually the game itself that gets locked to your recording framerate and therefore the cursor feels sluggish
Topic Starter
kaho on osu

modrei wrote:

is it just cursor or whole game? its usually the game itself that gets locked to your recording framerate and therefore the cursor feels sluggish
I believe it is just the cursor, I enabled the frame counter to see if it was dropping and I noticed nothing.
modrei_DELETED
well it could be multiple things

1. your hardware
  2. your sensitivity settings, make sure you have raw input disabled and your ingame sens is at 1
  3. tablet drivers (you can try using hawku drivers if you are on 64bit operating system, uninstall any other drivers and restart your pc after you do so)
  4. windows ink, disable that
Topic Starter
kaho on osu

modrei wrote:

well it could be multiple things

1. your hardware
  2. your sensitivity settings, make sure you have raw input disabled and your ingame sens is at 1
  3. tablet drivers (you can try using hawku drivers if you are on 64bit operating system, uninstall any other drivers and restart your pc after you do so)
  4. windows ink, disable that
Hardware: I'm running an i5 6600k + GTX 1060 3GB, for osu! I do not think this is the issue.
Sensitivity Settings: I have raw input disabled and the in-game sensitivity is already at one.
Tablet Drivers: I have actually tried hawku's drivers before, and they seem to cause more lag than the GAOMON drivers for me.
Windows Ink: I could not find any way to disable this, I tried gpedit and went through the Windows Ink settings a couple of times and there was nothing.
I might add that OBS does not necessarily have to be recording my screen for this lag to occur. It just happens when OBS is open.
modrei_DELETED
you wrote that it happened even with other recording programs, which means its (most likely) something in your windows installation causing the issues, try updating your windows, gpu drivers etc.
Topic Starter
kaho on osu

modrei wrote:

you wrote that it happened even with other recording programs, which means its (most likely) something in your windows installation causing the issues, try updating your windows, gpu drivers etc.
I have updated my Windows, GPU and tablet drivers to no avail.
Topic Starter
kaho on osu
Anyone? I appear to get the lag even if I am not recording my screen now.
Napoli
I've had the same problem as you, and it happened right after I updated my windows 10, actually this is a new windows 10 update related problem which can't be fixed. Although it was weird that after the next update it got automatically fixed for some reason. tl;dr try to roll back to an older version of windows (that actually worked for me for a short period of time and then the new update came out) or get some other version of windows.