forum

Good Charlotte - The Anthem - Something feels off.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Maybe it's the timing on a few of the beats.

Or maybe it's a lack of "You bet, kid!"

Either way, something feels slightly off about this. Anyone mind taking a peek at it?
LuigiHann
I haven't looked at it yet, but...

I realize you're joking, but if you avoid using whistles for the majority of the song, you could "skin" the whistle sound to be the "You bet, kid!" sound clip and have it pop up in a couple places :D

Download: youbetkid.zip
awp

ZZT the Fifth wrote:

Or maybe it's a lack of "You bet, kid!"
Hahahaha that is awesome.
eyup
Fixed timing, resnapped beats, checked slider lengths, also took the liberty of fixing up some curved sliders that looked decidedly asymmetrical. You need to start using more bezier curve waypoints :D Am I looking forward to seeing this ranked?

...you bet, kid.

Download: Good Charlotte - The Anthem (ZZT the Fifth) [Sweatin'].osu
Homestarrunner
wow...... not hard on DS, much harder on the pc (while using a mouse, tablet pc wouldn't be a problem)
its pretty good, but i noticed one BIG thing.
The end spinner is to long, its not the "impossible spinner" to get, that your either the god of spinning, or lucky if you get over a 3000 bonus at, that we all (or at least me and my friends) have come to know and love (or loathe)
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

Homestarrunner wrote:

The end spinner is to long, its not the "impossible spinner" to get, that your either the god of spinning, or lucky if you get over a 3000 bonus at, that we all (or at least me and my friends) have come to know and love (or loathe)
What, you WANT an impossible spinner? I can barely 50 the one in the DS version. If I'm LUCKY.
Homestarrunner
i can barley get a 300 on that spinner, i don't necessarily want the hard spinner, it just makes it more EBA-like
Rolled
I don't know why this is locked, so I'm unlocking it until somebody yells at me.

Finish this project ZZT, or die a long and painful death.

Thankies :D
LuigiHann
In IRC he mentioned that the only reason it's not ranked is because he only did Sweatin' mode... so, somebody could probably rank this as is... :D

Only thing that I think needs to be added is a background of some kind.
Rolled
I'd like to see at least a cruisin with this too though =/ Shouldn't take long.

An in-game upload, also.
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

Rolled wrote:

I'd like to see at least a cruisin with this too though =/ Shouldn't take long.

An in-game upload, also.
Actually, this is already supposed to be uploaded. I suppose I could add a Cruisin' and/or Breezin' with this and fix it sometime in the next few hours...

At least, after mom stops nagging me about whatever it is.
LuigiHann
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Cecilthemos
The outdated upload might have contributed to the non-ranking as well...
anyway, he said he's busy with another project right now and can't do this right now.
Rolled
-kicks zzt-
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth

Rolled wrote:

-kicks zzt-
I changed my mind.

I'll do it when someone actually takes a look at this. I've been asking about this for weeks, but none of the mods will take a serious look at it.

I'm not doin' any more beatmap work 'til a mod takes a serious look at that one. :|
LuigiHann
Istanbul is ranked now, so....
Topic Starter
ZZT the Fifth
Working on it.