forum

Have players be able to use mods while in editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +8
Topic Starter
Dusk-
Many of us use mods when we play, and we sometimes get stuck in one specific area that we would like to practice over and over again, but the player is either forced to play nomod when they test the map or they must play the map from the beginning just to get to the section they want to try with the mod they have chosen. Having mods available in the editor would greatly help players who use them a lot.
lewski
just make a practice diff with just the part you want to practise
-Andromeda-
From a mapping perspective it might be useful actually. Being able to see quickly how your map looks and feels in HR for example would be pretty cool.
ShompiFlen

-Andromeda- wrote:

From a mapping perspective it might be useful actually. Being able to see quickly how your map looks and feels in HR for example would be pretty cool.

I was going to say the same, support this idea. There was another thread with the same proposal (I believe it was because the map with the spinner that neither auto could survive to it), don't remember how it ends, but as you can see it's still not a thing in the editor.
-Aku
I have positive and negative opinions on this, as having mods in the editor would be good for practicing, seeing how the map looks with mods and so. But also, maps aren't meant to be made to suit a certain mod, so if editors get an easy chance to use mods in the editor, I feel like it would have minor negative concequences on mapping. (Maps that are supposed to play with a mod)
abraker

-Aku wrote:

But also, maps aren't meant to be made to suit a certain mod, so if editors get an easy chance to use mods in the editor, I feel like it would have minor negative concequences on mapping. (Maps that are supposed to play with a mod)
There have been a few instances where players demanded the mapper to change mapping to satisfy passing on a certain mod. I think the most famous case was when there was drama between HR players and Monstrata over the butter fly slider in the aspire Transformation map. Luckily it had a pretty elegant solution, but I don't think that would always be the case. If there would not have been an elegant solution, HR players wouldn't have let that map go through to ranked. What to take away from this is that if enough players point out that they want to be able to do a map with a certain mod, odds are the map will have to be changed to accommodate the mod. This would mean maps are meant to suit certain mods.

I think it's worth clarifying in the ranking criteria whether maps need to or not suit certain mods before this request is applied to prevent such future arguments in modding discussion.
-Flashlight-
Totally agree, as a HD only player I wouldn't need to leave the editor just to test the map with HD. Nomod isn't an option because I play better with HD. yeah.
Hall3lu
please...