forum

What caused you to become an Otaku?

posted
Total Posts
show more
joi-
Idk, watched Fullmetal Alchemist from TV or something years ago and then as a result bought some manga and looked up some more series and here we are.
Liiraye
I got a hold of the first dragonball mangas when I was like 8 and saw bulmas boobs and was like :0000
After that I didnt do much until I got the same 4 books as a present. After that I collected all the DBZ mangas. When I was like 10 or 12 idk when exactly, I saw this cool new series faller naruto on shonen jump. I went online after I read the 6th chapter in Jump and searched up my first anime other than what I saw of DBZ.

10 years later here I am. Completely fkn skewed by the shit Ive seen.
Mogsy
Watched the standard Pokemon when young. Went over to a friend's house sometime when I was around 8 or 9 and saw VHS fansubs of Cardcaptor Sakura. Have been hooked ever since.
Liiraye
Oh right mogs, Pokemon was my first introduction to anime, but by then I didn't even know it was anime, but just regular cartoons.
Coeurbee
That's a good question! ^^
Well for me it was mainly tsubasa reserVoir chronicle, I guess... and also the fact that my friends since I was 13 were mostly geeks, then otakus themselves. I was both before being actually able to be so, since at my parents' videogames were banned and TV was so often off. Hayao Miyazaki helped a lot to let otaku culture appear at home, though. Thanks "howl's moving castle"!
And definitively anime addicted since I watched code geass. :P
MoeMoeOrRiot
Some guy from austria told me about Attack On Titan :D
tanteiRE
Summer before high school, did this science program that involved computers. One of my friends there showed me a couple episodes of One Piece, and I got hooked.
After finishing One Piece, I decided to watch Kaleido Star because of this:

Mousse3
Well, my friends were huge fans of anime. I didn't understand it in the beginning, but as soon as I started OSU, I began to notice some interesting things about the otaku culture.

And now I'm here, spending all my money to manga, drawing equipment and stuff like that. Totally worth it!
futuristech14
well, my friend recommend me a anime called SAO. then, I watch it.
I like it so I search more Anime things. by time passed I become a Otaku ^^
[-Tsubomi-]

futuristech14 wrote:

well, my friend recommend me a anime called SAO. then, I watch it.
I like it so I search more Anime things. by time passed I become a Otaku ^^
kinda similar to my story xD SAO was my 3rd anime ever uvu
KazmiSain
It all started with Death Note, after that i got hooked into it :)
Starfall9908
Naruto *^*
piruchan
This girl
Nekolike
cute 2d girls and lolis <3
lunarblue
i downloading many stuffs.. downloading is part being colector so i'm an otaku LOL
kagaminelenz
Kinda hard to explain.

I became Anime Lover (not otaku yet) since I was a child, maybe @ 8 years old. IIRC, I watched Tsubasa Reservoir and maybe naruto.
And I became an otaku @ 15 years old, when that's the 1st time I played yuri eroge, sono hanabira.
Became a real otaku (have anime related item) this year July, when I bought Reika photobook, bought VIP event ticket, and bought Kido (Mekakucity Actor) sweater

Edit: I Forgot that I read doujinshi already when I still @ 6th grader. LoL XD
Effy
My uncle taught me many things about Japan's culture and so. Also, because of him I discovered Anime and I just.. became attached to this. Since 8 years o/
dinopwn
First, about one year ago one of my friends recommended me to watch Clannad & After story. I went ahead and it was pretty good, but then I forgot about it for 8 months or so.

Then, I realized all the songs that give much pp are from anime so I was like -_- I must watch more anime to see what's going on here.
Yep watched Angel beats and sao and got (kind of) addicted, and here I am.

P.S. I hate you Tom94 why you make high pp songs on anime
Maven
For me it was my favourite anime of all times, "Sword Art Online". I just simply love that anime ^^
Bweh
A need for escapism. Same thing pulled me out of that mindset later.
TrinitehFoarse
Watching Fairy Tail with my friend. I liked the anime and kept on watching it at home.
Xiaolin
Vocaloid, after knowing Vocaloids, I started to know about anime more, because of Vocaloid songs hue
NicaHime
I shared rooms with my mom and brother before. The room had a tv and whenever my brother would wake up first, he'd turn on the tv and switch the channel to animax where it showed nostalgic anime. (detective conan, black jack etc) so yeah, that's about it. ;)
Kapson
Actually I'd say, it was osu xd.
I used to come across anime-stuff many times before but never got interested in it. Then after some time spent in osu, I've decided to give it a shot. However I'm far from calling myself an otaku, it's just that I enjoy anime stuff :P
Brazzzz
Well i became a Otaku because of the best actions , romance , and comedy like Gintama well i laugh so hard in dat anime so i learned about there styles and trivia .. i've watched 340 + animes and played so many animes like for example Dragonball and Fate/Zero
sandypandy
Well my older bro told me to watch Zero No Tsukaima. (that was the first real anime I've ever watched)
And I liked it so he told me more about it so yeah, that was like 5 years ago. 'Till the day I'm glad and I don't regret liking anime. :3
Mira-san
From the start:

1. Having a computer
  2. Got internet
  3. Played COD
  4. Discovered osu! through someone playing COD | Q1 2012
  5. Downloaded osu! because yeah | Q2 2012
  6. Got bored of osu! and tried to find something else to enjoy | Q3 2012
  7. Googled "blue hair anime girl" because curious
  8. Lucky Star appeared
  9. Watched the first episode.
  10. Enjoyed it
  11. Then everything else happened.
Sakibaraki
I think I became otaku by some funny anime movies like Sora no Otoshimono and Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu. No game no life also.:P
show more