forum

What caused you to become an Otaku?

posted
Total Posts
show more
Volken Bennet
Y u r i
Souleater1366
I started watching toonami on cartoon network had good shows like One Pice, Naruto, Prince of Tennis etc, at first I wasn't in to it, Watched more on adult swim like FLCL, Bleach, Eureka 7, Full Metal Alchamest, Ghost In The Shell, etc, then when I was in tenth grade I watched Bleach online and really liked it. I started geting interested in anime.
Natsulus
Some how started watching a little bit of Fairy Tail, then stopped for a bit and came back to watching it till the latest episode, like 23 then I went on to read the manga on a manga reading site I think it was manga reader and found other manga's there, and kept on reading and started watching some anime later on.
H_Hitachiin

Volken Bennet wrote:

Y u r i
Oh Girl this time. O.O
Drexel13
a friend of mine introduced me to vocaloid and baka to test... then, BOOM! I became an otaku..
thx for reading
H_Hitachiin

Drexel13 wrote:

a friend of mine introduced me to vocaloid and baka to test... then, BOOM! I became an otaku..
thx for reading
That was quick XD
[Alex]_old_1
i always loved to watch pokemon,digimon and such when i was younger
i wasn't realy for that disney stuff xD...
then it stopped with that, i watched normal cartoons and such,then i heard of anime movies(hell i didn't even know the term anime then xD)
the movies were spirited away and howl's moving castle(still my fav's)
i watched them in like 2005 or 2006(waay over the date they came out i think xD)
then i haven't heard from anything,back to normal cartoons...
then i started to notice that other kids of my age were retarted idiots xD
in take around 2009 or 2010 i was watching tv and came across a few minutes of bleach,episode 19(if i'm correct) i loved it imediately, then looked on google and dloaded season 1, and so on...then i came across the term otaku,anime and all those things
then i watched more animes then bleach alone, and so on...and here i am now :D
Melounet
I was told by a friend to watch Clannad .
I cried so much that I became an key fan & afterwards before noticing , an otaku .
Heibel
Toonami and friends

hentai
Tesu
its started when i see Tsubasa Chronicles anime then get interested
[Alex]_old_1
i mainly started the otaku thingy with the hentai too :3

gotta love it

ppl do wonder on how i'm able to fap to drawings :/...stupid creatures
Artificial Enemy
When I was little, I watched lots of anime on TV and got interested.
Sachikonatsu
When I was little, I watched my first anime on TV: Crayon Shin-Chan, and later I got interesed.
Momochikun
Started from reading Manga then watching an anime :V
Keichirou
Same, started from watching TV (Air Gear)
PinkSheep
I didn't like reading subtitles then I watched Shugo Chara and got addicted
zertap
The thing that made me weeaboo was touhou and the thing that got me hooked to anime was
Nya-nyan_old
I was born as an Otaku ;)
Cyrith_old
spent a lot of time on the internet from a young age. kept hearing people talk about anime. started wondering what it was, googled it and got into it. i think first series i ever watched was bleach, which in hindsight is a testament to my own immaturity and a miracle that i didnt go NOPE.jpg right there. after that i got into other stuff, it was probably touhou that really did it for me though.

slightly related are my resulting glasses fetish and my love of studio shaft, the gen urobutcher and kinoko nasu.
zertap

Nya-nyan wrote:

I was born as an Otaku ;)
B-but only the glorious nihonjin can be true otakus.. We are just weeaboos lying to ourselves :<
nihonjin = japanese people
reigi_old
Internet caused me to become an otaku :oops:
_Azusa_
Toonami Brazil sure.
Tesu
i love otaku8
sakana_aki
Beyblade, when I was a kid. Don't laugh.
minusone_old
A friend showed me Nanoha(the whole series). Degradation started there.
Kunieda
As me,I started watching anime such like Bleach
OSUgeek_old
i see a stupid leaflet ad and i be a real otaku! -trolls- 8-)
JeuXinTerdiTs_old
For myself it wasn't only one sole cause. It was actually a process that took many, many years. First came the moe of animu characters then the claiming of them...and of course finally finding a waifu among them all. Consequently I had realized I had become an otaku when I purchased a dakimakura of mai waifu, Orz
Blaziken
When I was a child. My big bro loved to watch Dragon Ball and I would be stuck there watching it with him (as I broke my toys)...
The I discovered the internet...
she_old
My friend that kinda taught me some fighting moves told me naruto was a good fighting anime, it got derailed by some chatbox and I watching this typical UGUU KAWAII MOE MOE DESU anime and got addicted fr a while.
tsukiyomiamu1
Well, I think I became an Otaku when I was about 4. I had watched my first anime (My Neighbor Totoro), and then I watched more and more. AND NOW, I'm addicted to NARUTO SHIPPUDEN!! I have wall scrolls in my room, plushies, and I speak Japanese ALL BECAUSE of anime. I'm the Ultimate Otaku!! >W< :)
Skywards_old
really DBZ and Pokemon brought me in the world of Otaku.
Fullmetal alchmist really made me addicted to anime.
Last summer i think i watched at least 400+ hours of anime xD
pielak213
­
Shirotaku
i was watching anime like Digimon and pokemon that i watch since i was 2 y.o
then whole obssesion start from K-ON!! but ive watched mainstream shounen tho before that i consider my self an otaku since then o3o
Kluddio
Like every child it started with pokemon, digimon and Zu-gi-yo and animes like that.
Then my familyy started to buy movies from Studio Ghibli "Spirited away", "my neighbor totoro", "Castle in the sky", "kiki's delivery service" all of them ( bitches i got them on VHS tapes )
Like i got to say, I can still watch spirited away and enjoy it to 120%, you just got to love that movie.
Then my sister borrowed this anime called Ergo Proxy "http://myanimelist.net/anime/790/Ergo_Proxy" yes i know one of my first real animes was a Psychological but i loved it and then i started to watch animes over the internet and playing anime related games and all that stuff ^^
Then you figured out that anime was something bad .... i know swedish people are retarded and became a bit more non talk about it.
and then after i year i just stoped care and share my infomation about the awesome animes im watching to everyone! :)

Ma story
-chi-_old
i started when my friend introduce me to vocaloid after that i started watching k-on which turn me into a otaku :)
Violet Link
I started became a hardcore otaku when I was rewatching Black Cat. After I watched Black Cat I felt like watching other anime. xD
Oh and Vocaloids, it's a classic: Ievan Polka. :D
jcdizon416
I've been exposed to anime ever since early childhood and I have always been attracted to female anime characters (Sailor Moon was the earliest one) then later, I was exposed to the internet and much later, hardcore otaku stuff
LisaPik
sadsadasdfd
Nostalgia
Started off with anime for 13 years, then I started to have a lot of free time and involuntarily began getting more connected with the Otaku culture. <3
show more