forum

What caused you to become an Otaku?

posted
Total Posts
show more
wolfn

HikaruHotaru wrote:

i guess its vocaloid...
Really? I didn't get to Vocaloid until osu!
Likewise, I've always had an isolated interest in anime, but it never got big until osu!
Toki Hakurei
Fist of the North Star is what got me into watching anime. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is what got me into reading manga.

Though I still consider myself more of a fighting gamer due to Ultimate Marvel vs Cacpom 3 and 3rd Strike.
Symphoniax
Card captor sakura... i was still young then
Toki Hakurei
The manga called "Freezing". And to an extent, fighting games. Hmm...I forgot I already posted in here. Maybe I shouldn't stay up so late.
pika-chan77
I loved dragon ball z when I was younger , then I didn´t like anime anymore , and a day buying boring summer study books I found slam dunk 1 and the tragedy of P.When I saw hanamichi´s face and then opened the manga(in an occidental way Lol)and I wanted to buy it dunno why.Then I started to buy more and watch more anime , and.....here is it !! 1 more otaku in the world :3
Yuugo

Andy wrote:

Before Haruhi and LS, it was Naruto, Bleach, FMA, etc
Soon after that, moeshit animes, and bam I turned into a faggot!
story of my life, except that I never watched haruhi completely
sl33p3rXj4zu
I think for me it started off as me catching a glimpse of cowboy bebop when I was younger. I always thought anime was cool when I was 10. I discovered manga at 12 and Started buying and reading. I got obsessed and got my own computer at 15, I started watching and reading online, and now it's kind of second nature. I come home from school and get on my computer to check for updates and then watch/read them. I think I became an otaku due to the fact that I never really fit in at school, I figured that if they can't accept me, fuck 'em, I got manga to read and anime to watch. I found this game fairly recently and I think it's made my diagnosis as an otaku stronger.....
F m L_old
My otaku friend introduced me to anime.
fatalattacker
my kouhai lent me a manga and the rest was history~

nyahahahahahahahaha!!!
JonnyThatJonny
Osu got me into this stuff. Before I had only skimmed the surface of weeabooland. That and my friends helped a lot too.

Yeah I started playing osu because it seemed like a fun rythm game, not because of it's theme.
Anzo
Watched toradora, then after I finished it... "yah, I need to watch more anime like this one..."

Search, watch, search, watch, discovered nico nico douga, vocaloid, and other stuffs, joined otaku groups on facebook, and played stepmania and osu!

Still not attached to manga though (oh wait, my life isn't complete yet)
Birdy
Yosuga no Sora
Milli_old
Toonami in adolescence + internet
Elfuun_old
I am not.
theplayerbeta
I started playing Osu [i founded in a video, i can't remember the video], then i met NicoNicoDouga [Kumikyoku] and IOSYS.., after that i met Touhou..... [good game], then anime and manga and that bring me back to Osu! (?)

The real life....... sucks (?)
California
all the mainstream animes :O
OnosakiHito
I'm an otaku? Oh. When did that happen.
The Ribbon Red
When I watched good animes.
GoreObsessed

OnosakiHito wrote:

I'm an otaku? Oh. When did that happen.
^this
it happends when you have a lot of dvd and br in your bookcase and a lot of posters and figmas
FalseFace_old
Toonami, need I say more?
hissatsugirl
Because of my Father... he always watch anime like Gundam and Evangellion when i was still a kid, and he also has Mecha Figures.. = w=
Accelerator-kun

hissatsugirl wrote:

Because of my Father... he always watch anime like Gundam and Evangellion when i was still a kid, and he also has Mecha Figures.. = w=
awesome father is awesome
Elfuun_old

hissatsugirl wrote:

Gimme you father!
Azure_Kite
I'm no otaku, however I do have a glorious collection of Anime and imported games in my book case.

Not a great deal of Manga; I have the first volume of Soul Eater in Japanese, and a Character Book + CD regarding Touhou. The prize of my collection for me is a collection of ~50 hand-drawn stills from a 2000ish anime adaptation Niea Under 7.

No Figures, but I do have a Miku x Rin and a Clannad Poster, but they're not up.
stavolizer
when i like listen vocaloid music,and then i like figure too XD
ScBw1995
i just always wanted to be a pokemon trainer i loved this series so bad that i became an otaku^^
Minty Gum
Anime had always been around TV since I was young, well, usually bad English dubs... But influence from friends (most of my friends when I was younger happened to be Asian for some reason) lead me to get into anime. And, well, I ended up loving it xD
The Ribbon Red

Minty Gum wrote:

Anime had always been around TV since I was young, well, usually bad English dubs... But influence from friends (most of my friends when I was younger happened to be Asian for some reason) lead me to get into anime. And, well, I ended up loving it xD
Really? What did they watch?
Shirotaku
I didnt notice i'm an otaku when i was a kid, i watch like soo many anime when i was a kid and during junior high i read lots of manga(probably i read my manga at school more than i read my text book) and i started to watch anime soo much since Gurren Lagann and K-ON!! aired at animax(the only anime channel i got)

:D thanks for reading this....
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

I didnt notice i'm an otaku when i was a kid, i watch like soo many anime when i was a kid and during junior high i read lots of manga(probably i read my manga at school more than i read my text book) and i started to watch anime soo much since Gurren Lagann and K-ON!! aired at animax(the only anime channel i got)

Wow. It's a bit similar to mine. Only that I started with anime first. And by Junior High, I acknowledge my status as an Otaku (and knew how certain public views them as "bad").
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

Wow. It's a bit similar to mine. Only that I started with anime first. And by Junior High, I acknowledge my status as an Otaku (and knew how certain public views them as "bad").
*high five (~*0*)/
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

*high five (~*0*)/
LOL *High five

Gotta thank Animax SE-Asia for bringing me the good times.
vizzy
I started watching casually in the middle of 2007. Then I found out about myanimelist in November of the same year and I started to pick up more series.
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

*high five (~*0*)/
LOL *High five

Gotta thank Animax SE-Asia for bringing me the good times.

figures ur from indonesia :D
same how K-ON and Gurren Lagann starts with me
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

True. But I started way back then when they started airing Cardcaptor Sakura (In 2002, if I remember correctly).
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

True. But I started way back then when they started airing Cardcaptor Sakura (In 2002, if I remember correctly).
i started from Digimon, Pokemon and Let's & Go! back when i was like 5
Net-Nue

Shirotaku wrote:

same as me XD
Shirotaku

Net-Nue wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

same as me XD
we have some awesome childhood then :3
The Ribbon Red

Shirotaku wrote:

So you started a bit more earlier than me...

Nice childhood. I envy you. :)
Shirotaku

The Ribbon Red wrote:

Shirotaku wrote:

So you started a bit more earlier than me...

Nice childhood. I envy you. :)
ou :D well awesome childhood is still awesome
show more